Muchin's diary of recover; becoming debt free and being happy

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon all

Oh you should see my kitchen - I can't believe how much dust can come out of a track in the wall. On the positive side this is just about as dusty and dirty it can get.

I had to clean the living room and hall as well as the kitchen and I'm sure I will have to do it all tomorrow when the next layer of dust settles.

I popped to Sainsbugs to get food for tonight and the rest of the week and then went into B&Q to get switches for the kitchen.

Spends today
    • £13.60 groceries
    • £29.99 diesel
    • £14.98 B&Q

Money Feb

Diesel................£95.99/£200
    Food - ..............£35.99/£160
    Entertainment - .£x/£60
    Exercise - ..........£x/£40
    Gifts - ...............£x/£20
    Beauty - ...........£x/£40
    Odds - ..............£x/£20

Total - .............£131.98/£540

• Munchin
    Options
    Evening all

I've booked my summer holiday:j in Sept. I love looking forward to a holiday. I know its a long time to Sept but at least I can get my spending money sorted.

Money Feb

Diesel................£98.64/£200
    Food - ..............£36.54/£160
    Entertainment - .£0/£60
    Exercise - ..........£4/£40

Total - .............£139.18/£540
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning all

I need to get a wiggle on but I've been looking at my money spreadsheets which are far more important than getting to work early:D.

I have to pay my cousins for their labors with putting in my kitchen over the next month. I know they don't expect any payment but that just wouldn't be right especially as they are saving me a fortune. I have also booked my holiday in Sept and although OH will pay his half it may not be for a few months which is fine. I have finally got money in my savings pot and one of the pots is for my holiday and kitchen - I just don't want to touch it. I'm not used to having money and I like it:D.

I think I will transfer £650 to my bank account and also I wont be saving any money from my Feb salary and that will all go to holiday and my kitchen. I will have money left in this pot and I will just start again in the March salary. Heaven help me when I have to pay my rates, car insurance & car tax as that will empty the Bills pot.

OK I have my lunch in my lunch box and as my Mum made it - it should be edible:)
  • Munchin
    edited 8 February 2014 at 11:16AM
    Options
    Morning all

I was a wee bit panicky yesterday and for once it wasn't about food. I was starting to actually think about how much money is going out of my savings account over the next few months and as I'm totally against putting money on my credit card that I can't pay of that month it was starting to freak me out. I think the main problem was that I couldn't remember when all my big bills are due so now I have it worked out it's not so bad as I do have the savings.:)

Bills 2014
    • Car insurance - due 08/04/14 - approx £300
    • Rates - due 03/05/14 - approx £900
    • Car tax - due 01/07/14 - £120
    Total = £1320

Holiday
    • Flights paid and hotel booked:D
    • Oh owes me £350:D
    • Accommodation is 490 euros = £406
    • Taxi - 80 euros = £66 pounds
    • Travel insurance - [STRIKE]approx £20[/STRIKE] -paid £12
    • Car parking £[STRIKE]40[/STRIKE] - paid £47.24
    • Total left for me to pay - £182 + spending money

On the kitchen front - all the electric conduits are in and now I just need to contact my cousin to get it all plastered/skimmed. Once that is done I can get the ceiling painted and sit back and wait for cupboards.

On the eating front - I've been doing ok. I've revisited my cbt notes and am again catching myself on to whatever feeling is making me reach for the cookies and it is working so far.

Ok not a lot of plans today which is pretty good:D
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Calm down. At least you will have something tangible for your spends and no increase in debt. You're doing brilliantly
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 45% through my pb challenge.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi INOD - you are right and I will have a lovely kitchen rather than a pile of debt and nothing to show for it.:)

I spent today washing the kitchen ceiling and the walls - Mum helped me wash the walls. I cleaned my room and the bathroom. I'm not very good at sitting doing nothing and am so glad to have the kitchen clean and ready for painting.

I also went to Starbucks with my sister - I know it's cheaper to make your own etc but she had a very trying day and I was there to support her.

I got a confirmation e-mail from my hotel so that is all officially booked. Going to spend a wee bit of time on trip advisor.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all

I have had a busy weekend getting my kitchen sorted but it means I haven't seen much of OH as he is working shifts this weekend.

Yesterday my cousin came and replaced the kitchen radiator and moved another one. He then bled them all - you should have seen the black gunk that came out of the one he was replacing. I had withdrawn £50 to give to him as it took him most of the day and he was supplying the new radiator for free. He absolutely refused to take any money because he said that we're cousins and he gets to use my shed anytime he wants for his car etc. I was really pleased not just because I saved £50 but also because that is what families are for :D.

I went to mass this morning and then painted the kitchen ceiling. I'm so hoping it doesn't need another coat.

I didn't spend much this weekend as I've been at home raiding the freezer supplies. My final plan of today is to do a bit of ironing and put on some pasta to make dinner tonight and for a few lunches. After that it will be tea, paper and cookie:D.

Money Feb

Diesel................£98.64/£200
    Food - ..............£40.66/£160
    Entertainment - .£0/£60
    Exercise - ..........£4/£40

Total - .............£143.30/£540
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all

I've been a bit missing in action these last few days - I've not felt myself but I probably didn't help matters by not getting enough sleep:(. I've been worrying a bit and overeating but I'm coming out the other side:).

Today was a wee bit spendy as it is a friends big birthday this weekend and another friend has got a new job so I popped into a gift shop to get them something. I also bought my lunch - I just haven't been in the mood to make anything this week - soooo not MSE or me. I haven't got anything for valentines day - OH and I are not valentines people but a wee card is grand:heartsmil. I'm looking forward to seeing who all gets flowers tmw:D

I've been moving things round on the money front to cover the costs of the plastering on Sat and I've borrowed from my envelopes so I've decided just to put all my envelopes into one to see me through to the end of the month.

Hopefully normal service in body and mind will resume tomorrow:D.

Money Feb

Diesel................£138.64/£200
    Purse- ..............£xx/£43.33
    Envelopes - ......£0/£110

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning all

It is amazing how I can feel myself coming out of a black mood and then it just lifts:D. So feeling positive this morning and have had a few wee ideas.

I've found doing my physio exercises a bit of a struggle this last week (ok really anytime:o) and I'm going to make myself accountable by putting it on here when I skip them. I've been told by my physio that I have to rest for 1 more week and then it is slowly back to running so you would think that doing my exercises would be a doddle but nope:o.

I was speaking to my friend who lives in South West London and she was saying that although she isn't flooded the sewage has nowhere to go and it is starting to stink and her friend had to be evacuated by the army. I stupidly thought she wouldn't be affected but it just shows you and makes me appreciate how lucky I am.

Money front - I feel better that I looked at what I had left yesterday and wrote it down. I had started to ignore it and hope for the best but that is never good or very MSE.

Eating - I found a site called 'Beyond chocolate' which is very much on the intuitive eating side. They send you a free e-mail each day for 21 days and ask you to make one small change each day. Today it is to pause for 1 minute before breakfast to see if I am truly hungry. I'm going to stick to structured eating the rest of the day but work on their principles by doing their small change emails each day.

Plans today -
    • stumble over huge pile of flowers and chocolates that I am sure OH has sitting waiting for me........ok that isn't going to happen:).
    • Do exercises,
    • stop at Mr T and get a wee bottle of sparkly wine (mini gesture towards romance).
    • Do that work thing.
    • Prepare kitchen for plastering tomorrow.
    Have a good day everyone.
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad you're feeling a wee bit better. I've been much the same for the last couple of weeks. I managed to miss the January blues, but have a good dose of the February ones :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure