Muchin's diary of recover; becoming debt free and being happy

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

Today I spent 99p on cereal bars and £4 on my nephews class. My next spends should be on Fri with a takeaway with OH and a bottle of wine. I'm going to have to stick to a budget of £60 until pay day. I can borrow from the beauty budget but I'm hoping I don't have to.

I have a bad habit where I just think "oh sod it" :o and buy what I want but I've done well so far this month.

On the BF front still doing ok, I munched some choc celebrations tonight which didn't really hit the spot but I then had a slice of toast and that was me. I should have gone for the toast first.

Money left

Diesel................£51
    Food - ..............£41.81
    Entertainment - £20
    Exercise - .........£2
    Gifts - ..............£30
    Beauty - ..........£20

Total - .............£164.81

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning world:D

I know I'm wishing my life away but I can't wait until pay day:). I'm just sitting here watching Saturday kitchen and I have a list of things that I need to be doing but they can wait a few minutes.

On the spends front I bought a pizza last night and no wine. I was given a bottle as a gift which was lovely and saves a few pennies. I bought a few snacks for lunch. I didn't plan my food yesterday so grabbed a few bits - shouldn't be doing that but I got away with it.

I also got sent a new credit card and a letter from my provider saying that my card had been identified as possibly being open to fraud and I should stop using it and use the new one. I keep a really close eye on my card (MSE:)) and I haven't noticed it being used by anyone else. I'm going to contact the card provider to see what is going on.

I'm on leave this week but am planning on washing & painting the kitchen and scrubbing the tiles - fun fun fun:)

Money left

Diesel................£24.39
    Food - ..............£31.81
    Entertainment - £20
    Exercise - .........£2
    Beauty - ..........£20

Total - .............£128.20
  • Munchin
    Options
    Evening world,

I went grocery shopping with OH today. I bought the shopping in Lidl and he bought the other bits & bobs in Sainsbugs.

OH is working shifts this week so I have tomorrow to myself:D

Spends today -
    • £13.38 Lidl
    • £1.39 B&M cough syrup
    • £5 - butcher
    Money left

Diesel................£24.39
    Food - ..............£12.04
    Entertainment - £20
    Exercise - .........£2
    Beauty - ..........£20

Total - .............£108.43

Tomorrow should be an NSD and I really shouldn't need to spend any money until Wed when I take nephew to his class. I'm not spending any money at my exercise classes as my knee is still a bit inflamed.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all

I had a bit of a wobbly day today but I've thought about it and it is all sorted:D. I had a large breakfast (eggs & bacon) and immediately it triggered loads of panicky feelings in me. Rather than dwelling on it and bingeing for the rest of the day I've realised that having smaller portions of food is the way to go.

• Munchin
    Options
    Morning all,

I have a load of stuff to do this week and I need a list:D.

Kitchen
    • wash kitchen ceiling
    • wash walls
    • wash skirting boards
    • chip of tiles on kitchen wall (I googled it to see best way)
    • scrub floor tiles and grout
    • paint ceiling
    • clean kitchen.
    Bathroom
    • wash ceiling and walls
    • paint ceiling and walls.
    Other jobs during the week
    • clean out bedroom
    • clean living room
    Well I reckon that will fill the week nicely and stop me heading to the shops.
  • Munchin
    edited 21 January 2014 at 4:51PM
    Options
    Morning world,

Well I have arms like Arnold Swarz...thingy after yesterday. I started of well with removing the kitchen tiles by using a heavy hammer and a chisel. The first 3 rows were ok and in some cases they practically fell of with just a slight tap:). Then it all went pear shaped, I believe that the person that put them on used a mixture of superglue, cement and some m*gic as those things were not budging. After I spent an hour chipping of 3 tiles and getting more and more frustrated. I rang a hire shop and hired an electric tile remover (£18.96 for 24 hrs). I took to the wall like a demon and moved another 6 tiles in an hour:eek:. My cousin popped in and took over for 5 mins (men + new toy = work). He agreed that it was a nightmare and then left me to it.

At about 5 last night I had still a corner to go and I couldn't face anymore so I dialled the emergency brother number (only use if I'm ready to repay in babysitting) and he showed up last night with superhero cape and blitzed the remainder of the tiles:D:D. I also didn't want to be late returning tile remover and I knew I wouldn't get a chance to remove tiles this morning.

I have to amend my "to do" list as my brother pointed out that as he still has to chisel a track across the wall for the electrics and there will be so much dust there is no point cleaning or painting anything until after he has that done.

I have to add cleaning the entire house to my cleaning list because even with the doors all shut the dust got everywhere. Ok I have a physio appointment this morning and even though it should only take me 30 mins to get there I have about another 30 mins stuck in traffic to add to that :D

Today's plans -
    • return tile remover,
    • clean dust from everywhere,
    • rest.

Kitchen
    • [STRIKE]chip of tiles on kitchen wall (I googled it to see best way[/STRIKE]).
    Bathroom
    • wash ceiling and walls
    • paint ceiling and walls.
    Other jobs during the week
    • clean out bedroom
    • clean living room
  • Munchin
    Options
    Mmm I'm not sure why m*gic was filtered out and it looked like I had put a bad word in there:o.

I had a really good day:D - I returned the tile chisel thing, posted a parcel for OH, went to physio, cleaned kitchen, and took my Mum to shops for new trousers. I also met with my cousin who is sorting out the plumbing in my kitchen and he can get me a new radiator for free:) however Mum wants the living room radiator replaced which I don't think I can get for free. I also spoke to my brother who is now digging tracks in the kitchen walls for the electrics. I think putting the kitchen in will be the easy part - the preparation seems to be the hard work.

Plans tonight - I'm waiting for my sister to pop round and will have a catch up with her.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning all

I need to get on the move as I'm heading to B&Q for paint and a new light switch as the bathroom switch has died.

I'm still on my BF streak - I'm overeating a wee bit but it is so not a binge:). I know that I shouldn't calorie count but I've noticed that on the days I binged I didn't follow a structure or plan my meals and when I roughly figured out my calories on those days I was way under:o. I recognise that although experts say that I should have all my trigger things in the house so that my brain gets used to always knowing that they are there - I know that at the moment I can't do this. If I want chocolate I will have it but If I had tons of chocolate in the house I would take it all:D

I was reading Frugal Queen's latest post and she has a lot of structure in her life and it works for her. I know that I can't be as rigid with my plans as I become obsessive but I need to adopt some of her principles -more sleep and water.

I can't believe I'm 1/2 way through my weeks leave - if I go get my paint today it will give me a better idea of the budgets. I managed to find 2 old boxes of floor tiles which should fill in the gaps when we replace the radiator. I kept them from the time we retiled the floor in case we ever changed the kitchen but didn't want to change the floor (forward planning:D).

I need to post another parcel for OH - I wish I had never shown him how to do ebay:).
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi all

So I went to B&Q yesterday and spent over £90 but I brought my Mum as I love her and not just for the 10% discount she has for being a pensioner:D.

Kitchen costs so far
    • £84.50 B&Q (kitchen ceiling & bathroom paint, 6 light switches, sugar soap, tape and some other bits and bobs)
    • £18.96 (tile remover drill -24 hrs hire)
    Total - £103.46/£500

I think the rest of the spends will be on labor although I still have some more plastic bits to buy for the electrics. I should factor in nice biscuits for my cousins:D

Plans today -
    • wash bathroom walls & ceiling
    • paint ceiling and walls
  • Munchin
    Options
    Afternoon all:),

I have the first coat of paint on the bathroom walls and ceiling:) and now have to wait 6 hours before the next coat but I will leave it until the morning.

Plans today -

[STRIKE]wash bathroom walls & ceiling[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]paint ceiling and walls
    [/STRIKE]
    On the money front it is pretty tight. I moved the entertainment budget over to the food budget but then my Mum had saved up £8 of £2 coins for me so some of that budget went to her. OH owes me £16 for postage so it's not as scary biscuits as it looks.

Money left

Diesel................£0
    Food - ..............£15.60
    Entertainment - £0
    Exercise - .........£0
    Beauty - ..........£00

Total - .............£45.60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories