Delivery rights: Amazon

Options

Comments

• meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on getting something out of them!

They would not budge on my claim, offered me one months prime, and then I had ANOTHER failed delivery a week or so later and they wouldn't offer me anything this time as I had already had a months prime free! They have invited me to write to their legal department and I have to say I'm swithering whether I can be bothered with it to be honest.

Surely Amazon are cretins of the highest order.
  • Maddogjones
    Options
    Ordered an Item off Amazon needed it fairly quickly so I paid for the next day delivery. Item was due yesterday between 2:30 and 3:30pm. At 2:31 I received an Email from the courier (DPD) stating -

"DPD tried to deliver your order from Amazon; however, no-one was available to sign for the order at the address below:"

Complete fabrication.. I was in all day working from home. Telephoned DPD customer services they told me they would deliver later that day by 6pm. No show. 6:30pm telephoned again was given the usual bull. Deliver was re-arranged for today between 11am and 12pm (had to take a day off) It's now 2:30pm.. no sign of anyone. Have called and yet again they claim to have attempted delivery.

This seems to be a regular occurrence with courier companies. I've experienced the same shoddy service from Yodel (who are the worst) and Parcel force. Parcel force do show up but with a "sorry you'r not home" card but not the Item. I've caught them at it several times.

Complaining to Amazon gets you nowhere, you can't speak to a human. You have use a web form and you can't verify that you've made a complaint very well with a web form. So now I've ordered a CCTV system to fit above my front door and the next time they do this I shall be making a claim against them in small claims for c*cking me around.
  • mattsonthebeach
    Options
    I ordered a mattress on Friday 21st December. I had an update stating that it had been dispatched and the expected delivery date was Sat 22nd. It never arrived and then checked the tracking number on the Christmas Eve to see it was going to be delivered then. It was delivered, however, they delivered a kids bed and not a mattress.

This was not noticed until I went to unpack it on Sunday 29th December. I notified them straight away and said that I would have to take an unpaid day off on Wednesday 2nd January to take re-delivery. They upgraded my postage as a GOGW and said this shouldn't be a problem.

It never arrived and I then had to take another day off on Friday 4th January as that was the date they had now decided it would be delivered.

They did deliver on the Friday, but to the original address not mine as I had requested. Luckily, it was delivered just as my mother-in-law arrived home from work. Otherwise I would still probably be sleeping on the floor.

I've been going round and round in circles and they have offered me £15 as a GOGW.

This is a joke as I am well over £100 out of pocket. It has been escalated to the Exec response team and they are still not interested. It is entirely their fault as they labelled up the wrong package. If it had been down to a problem with delivery, I would have been more prepared to accept it.

I will never buy another item from Amazon as they have a blatant disregard for their customers :mad:

This "Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company." which is placed at the bottom of their emails is what really grates me, as all I am receiving is the same standard templates.

I am now letting Trading Standards deal with it.
  • stone_king
    Options
    I really would like some help with this... how you actually got compensation?

I ordered a TV. Guaranteed for next day delivery using Prime.

TV never arrived (it was a Saturday). I was told Monday. Took day off work, never arrived & they told me that they couldn't find my TV. At this point, I was not offered a replacement. Tues was New Yrs day so I knew it would not arrive.

I spoke to a manager who said to me 'I guarantee 100% it will be with you on Thursday 3rd Jan'. He also said that I could claim compensation but as goodwill he would credit me with £10 but emailed me & said this was in ADDITION to any compensation I would get. I waited, no arrival. I spoke to Amazon, they said to me again that £10 would be credited by way of voucher again & also when I told them that even though they couldn't give me an expected delivery DAY I had managed to find the TV which was stuck at the ''local'' depot 40 miles away. I stated that I was picking up the TV & would charged them 0.50p per mile plus £10 per hour (approx 2 hrs round trip) to collect the TV in addition to the 2 days I had taken off work (not inc the original day).

I was told by this manager/supervisor that she was filling out the form for her transport team & I would get an email within 3/4 working days.

I picked up the TV, they (Citylink) located the TV within 2 mins. They asked for no ID whatsoever (worryingly) & I set on my merry way.

I again complained to Amazon & stated that I worked out the compensation to be approx £200 inc my travelling costs & would like to raise a complaint.

I received a auto ''callback'' from them & waited to be connected with a supervisor who after a long conversation offered me another £10. I asked to speak to his superior & was offered £20 & then I asked to be speak the most senior person (callcentre manager) available & after much to-ing & fro-ing was offered £30 cash (in addition to the 2 x £10 vouchers) which was the maximum that could be offered.

I asked for my complaint to be raised the their customer relations dept, started the whole process again. In the meantime, Amazon sent out another TV & even though on 4 separate occasions I had told them I had picked it up myself.

I thought about keeping the TV until they realised it was sent out incorrectly & then use that as my bargaining tool to get this sorted sooner rather than later, but being honest, I rejected the 2nd TV.

Customer Relations (so they call it) thanked me for doing the right thing & rejecting the TV but after viewing my case I was entitled to nothing. Even after several emails to their incompetent CR dept & telling them to listen to the call where I WAS offered compensation, they said, we have reviewed it & I get zilch!!

They also said that their T's & C's state they don't give compensation & that they'll see me in court if I want to pursue it further.

I find it hard to believe that even after pointing out that company policy doesn't override UK law, they basically (& almost) laughed at me. The Callcentre manager chuckled & said ''do you think we are really going to pay people for missed deliveries''? Damn straight I do.

To say they're ''customercentric'' is a joke.

I said I would like my email sent to Jeff Bezos to which they replied - you can do but we check all those emails so we won't pass it on & we will give you the same reply.

Can anyone help me? They have dealt with me disgracefully as far as I am concerned & they have seemingly lied regarding filling out compensation forms to their transportation team regarding expenses for me doing their job.

wolf33055 wrote: »
    I thought I would write and tell you about a successful claim.

Basically i bought a piano during the Black Friday deals, I got a phone call on the Monday to tell me that it would be delivered between 11-13:00 on Wednesday.

A very long story short, it did not arrive, and arrived a week later.

I have been meaning to kick off with Amazon because I had to end up taking two days holiday. But with Christmas it slipped my mind, until Martins e-mail dropped into my inbox.

So, two hours ago i contacted Amazon via their e-mail support and stated my case, I had worked out that I had probably lost about £100.

I have just received an e-mail saying that they have refunded £63, not the full £100, but still better than the usual 1 month prime offer.

Chris
  • adelinoc
    Options
    My post is related with guarantee. I bought a tablet from Amazon (it was a seller who has an agreement with them, I don't know exactly). After 7 months the tablet is damage - simpy doesn't turn on. I've contacted the seller and they don't answer; on the other hand, Amazon says that is not their responsability.
    Well, it seems that the seller stoped to sell in Amazon and there are some guys that, like me, bought bad items and now the solution seems to be to forget the money we have spent.
    But what is outrageous is that how can be possible an unknown company or seller can use the name of amazon and then simply disappear and Amazon simply don't take any responsability. The device is Chinese and if the company is in China (althoug they used an UK address) to what can we do now?
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    adelinoc wrote: »
    My post is related with guarantee. I bought a tablet from Amazon (it was a seller who has an agreement with them, I don't know exactly). After 7 months the tablet is damage - simpy doesn't turn on. I've contacted the seller and they don't answer; on the other hand, Amazon says that is not their responsability.
    Well, it seems that the seller stoped to sell in Amazon and there are some guys that, like me, bought bad items and now the solution seems to be to forget the money we have spent.
    But what is outrageous is that how can be possible an unknown company or seller can use the name of amazon and then simply disappear and Amazon simply don't take any responsability. The device is Chinese and if the company is in China (althoug they used an UK address) to what can we do now?

My sister had the same problem - my nephew had saved up and bought a tablet with good reviews, so my sister bought it for him via her credit card. This was May last year. In January this year, it wouldn't turn on. the company failed top respond to my sister, and Amazon weren't interested. They told her to take it up with the seller, who just didn't answer emails (no phone number, despite searching for one). the credit card company weren't interested either, as the money was paid to Amazon and not the third party seller.

A couple of months ago, someone I know was selling the same tablet as she didn't use it. I asked my sister whether it was worth buying, which was when she told me about her experience. Fortunately, it encouraged her to do something, and she discovered that it had a loose wire (can't remember how). It was repaired and is now working fine again.

It might be worth contacting a local computer/Ipad repair place to see how much they would charge to look at it, in case it is the same problem.

(BTW, I didn't buy the tablet from my friend)
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    adelinoc wrote: »
    After 7 months the tablet is damage - simpy doesn't turn on.
    Have you tried a hard reset?

You haven't told us the make or model of the tablet, so it is difficult to help further, but if you google make model hard reset it should come up with something.

Try asking on the Techie board if you get stuck.
  • Oldson_2
    Options
    What is the situation when faulty goods are due to be returned but Amazon or their agents fail to collect the goods on time?

I was bought a Christmas present by my daughter which was found to be faulty. Amazon were duly notified and the usual collection process set in motion. However, I have, on Wednesday 15th January, only just had the package collected despite arranging two separate collection dates and waiting in.

Surely my daughter should not have to wait so long for a refund when it's Amazon's fault for not collecting as arranged.
  • Darkspark
    Options
    From all I have seen (or not seen as the case may be), my case is very rare.
    OK, so I ordered a weights bench from Amazon and they said they would deliver it on the Thursday. They gave no time so stayed in all day to await collection. I live in a house of studio flats and recently had a problem where a delivery man tried to ring a doorbell for another flat (the only one with a doorbell installed) so as the item was heavy and I didn't want to pick it up from the post office I put a notice directly above the doorbell to knock instead.
    The bench was due to be delivered by Amazon Logistics. They sent an email saying they tried to deliver etc etc.

Well i felt that i took proper precautions so emailed Amazon and received a prompt reply to my concerns. However i decided to cancel the item and used their call me service to speak to a lady in ireland. She agreed to refund my card, which she did, again, promptly saying that she would contact the driver to return the goods to the Amazon warehouse. I'm a happy customer by all accounts I've received proper, swift communication and full refund which my online banking and available credit balance can show has gone through. This was all Thursday afternoon.

However I come in from a night out in the early hours (on Sunday) to find the bench delivered!
    So now I have a conundrum. I am quite loathe to send it back out of pocket (Amazon will refund the first £6 of a delivery and it weighs 19kg!) and I don't really see why I should as the communication should have been there to not deluver it in the first place. Obviously someone else in the house signed for it.
    I should note as well that I left for my night out after 6pm so that was a pretty late delivery!

Can someone advise me objectively on what i can do please?
  • frugal_mike
    frugal_mike Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    Have you been refunded? If so, contact amazon and tell them to arrange a time convenient to you to collect the item (at their cost). Depending on how much the item cost they may just tell you to keep it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure