Delivery rights: Amazon

Options

Comments

• tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks like usual, people come to this forum for a little help and guidance, but instead bear the brunt of abuse, criticism or pathetic, unhelpful sarcasm.

And as usual, people that don't like the answers they receive throw their toys out the pram.

Even if you had rights under home jurisdiction, you have failed to mitigate your losses. The best you could hope to claim for is the cost of collecting the item from the sorting office.
  • henrygregory
    Options
    LilElvis wrote: »
    Already answered - both by Amazon and unholyangel.

It was Christmas. Delivery delays happen. You could have chosen to have the item delivered to somewhere/someone who would be available to take delivery.

Won't make you feel any better but an item I ordered from Amazon at lunchtime yesterday was delivered this morning by Amazon Logistics. :)

Thanks for your post. I would have loved to have had it sent to work however I am based in London for work, and we are very unlucky with missing parcels. I live out in the country where things don't go missing. As long as I am around to sign for items, they always come. We have had several occasions at work where delivery men have signed for things when the office has been closed! Said items have subsequently never turned up! As a consequence, I don't send any of my orders to work!

You seem to have been lucky with your orders! Though I have been very happy in the past, most of my prime orders come the next day which is great. It is just typical, the one important one I wanted well in advance of Christmas never came. They never got to the bottom of where the first order vanished off to, but it never materialised.
  • henrygregory
    henrygregory Posts: 535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 December 2014 at 7:31PM
    Options
    tomtontom wrote: »
    And as usual, people that don't like the answers they receive throw their toys out the pram.

Even if you had rights under home jurisdiction, you have failed to mitigate your losses. The best you could hope to claim for is the cost of collecting the item from the sorting office.

And a$$ (pun vert much intended) usual, people such as yourself don't READ.

Here, have a look at this response:
    Was it sunny or cloudy? ....a mistake...as we are human we all make them? How much can I claim for reading that?
    BTW It really hurts...can I sue you?

Please tell me why I would be happy with this answer? Is this actually an answer to my question? No, it is worthless garbage you silly donkey.

With reference your post, how could I possibly mitigate my losses any further? I am not claiming for the first day - can't do that anyway, it is one day off? What was I supposed to do? Take half a day off? - can't work in London, would be no point traveling in for half a day.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And a$$ (pun vert much intended) usual, people such as yourself don't READ.

Here, have a look at this response:

Please tell me why I would be happy with this answer? Is this actually an answer to my question? No, it is worthless garbage you silly donkey.

With reference your post, how could I possibly mitigate my losses any further? I am not claiming for the first day - can't do that anyway, it is one day off? What was I supposed to do? Take half a day off? - can't work in London, would be no point traveling in for half a day.

Given you just reported a post. Do you feel this is an appropriate tone for your post?
  • henrygregory
    henrygregory Posts: 535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 December 2014 at 8:00PM
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Given you just reported a post. Do you feel this is an appropriate tone for your post?

Given the growing number of pointless posts I have received in response to a genuine question? No not really. I am trying to communicate with the posters of those pointless posts in a language maybe they will understand.

It really is time that contributors to this forum think twice before posting such hopeless posts. I (and other colleagues) used to consider this forum a place of knowledge and genuine help, but over the years, it has become quite apparent, that unless you have thick skin and can deal with it, you will inevitably receive a tirade of insults/inaccurate assumptions/pointless remarks and or other.

All you are doing is putting people with genuine questions and need for help off of using the forum. But please, don't stop at my expense. Eventually, there will only be the people I describe above (colour coded as you appear to understand that quite well) leaving the sorts of comments I mention above.

Thank you to those of you who posted helpful and non critical comments. There were not many, but I do thank those of you who are not so judgemental and plain rude, maybe there is a slither of hope for MSE.

:money:

I have unsubscribed myself from this post as I feel I have wasted enough of my time on people who are only interested in trolling and dragging this thread out into a pointless argument. Thanks LilElvis and unholyangel, I believe you were the only persons who posted something worth my time :) I will give your post a like :) Happy New Year to you when it comes .
  • ConsumerGuy0016
    Options
    gik wrote: »
    Was it sunny or cloudy? ....a mistake...as we are human we all make them? How much can I claim for reading that?
    BTW It really hurts...can I sue you?

A thoroughly unhelpful comment. Made worse by the fact that it's not even funny. Don't spam in the future.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A thoroughly unhelpful comment. Made worse by the fact that it's not even funny. Don't spam in the future.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Yet to see a "helpful" post by you on this board.

What was your previous user name?
  • Money-Saving-King
    Money-Saving-King Posts: 2,044 Forumite
    edited 30 December 2014 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Why are you taking days off work for this which loose you money? Why not follow the instructions on the slip on how to pick it up (they have the collet plus places all over the place open very long hours)/have it left in a safe place/delivered to a neighbour and get it that way? It's only a game, you shouldn't need to take days off trying to receive it. even if it was an Xmas present just explain to whoever it is what's happened. I'm still waiting for an Xmas present for a relative to arrive, I've just let them know & their fine about it.
  • red13209
    Options
    I ordered a computer game Monday on Amazon prime with delivery Tuesday. When it didn't turn up I contacted Amazon who said it had been sent Royal Mail. When I asked why a next day delivery item went Royal Mail and not by courier they stated that I couldn't choose the delivery method. I then received an email stating that I need to wait until the expected delivery time has passed and that would be Friday despite it being ordered prime with an expected delivery day of Tuesday. This is the 4th item this year that hasn't arrived next day, one item took 11 days through Royal Mail. What are my rights for cancelling my prime membership and getting my money back if they are not fulfilling their side of the agreement. They did offer to extend my membership fir an extra month - probably how long I will have to wait for this Royal Mail delivery!
  • red13209 wrote: »
    I ordered a computer game Monday on Amazon prime with delivery Tuesday. When it didn't turn up I contacted Amazon who said it had been sent Royal Mail. When I asked why a next day delivery item went Royal Mail and not by courier they stated that I couldn't choose the delivery method. I then received an email stating that I need to wait until the expected delivery time has passed and that would be Friday despite it being ordered prime with an expected delivery day of Tuesday. This is the 4th item this year that hasn't arrived next day, one item took 11 days through Royal Mail. What are my rights for cancelling my prime membership and getting my money back if they are not fulfilling their side of the agreement. They did offer to extend my membership fir an extra month - probably how long I will have to wait for this Royal Mail delivery!

They have fulfilled their agreement as the guarantee is if the delivery is late they extend Prime by a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure