Delivery rights: Amazon

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a despatch email early hours of 21 march for an amazon purchase which was sent by royal mail and had an estimated arrival date of today. Its not arrived yet which is frustrating. I wouldn't mind so much but two other orders placed since ( at the weekend and Monday eve have already arrived)

What's an acceptable time to wait before I start grumbling.....
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    I had a despatch email early hours of 21 march for an amazon purchase which was sent by royal mail and had an estimated arrival date of today. Its not arrived yet which is frustrating. I wouldn't mind so much but two other orders placed since ( at the weekend and Monday eve have already arrived)

What's an acceptable time to wait before I start grumbling.....

in case you missed it......
  • qwer78
    qwer78 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd like to report a good experience of not being out of pocket owing to a late delivery.

My mother ordered a toy bus from amazon uk on 8th August using Prime. The email confirmation admitted there was no estimated delivery date owing to stock issues.

A couple of weeks later she thought she cancelled successfully as another bus was ordered from another seller.

On 8th Sept an apologetic email arrived saying amazon still had no date and offering the chance to cancel, but my mother was on holiday without email. The bus was delivered the day she returned on 12 Sept.

Upon checking, we could find no confirmation of cancellation, so it is possible that a final confirm button was not pressed.

It would have been frustrating to have to pay for return postage as this would not have happened if delivery had been in line with normal timescales.

Using amazon's contact us and selecting where's my stuff, it was possible to speak to a rep immediately. As it had taken over a month, the rep offered to issue a free postage returns label.

So, if you are in a similar situation, I suggest you ask politely for help. I don't know if they take into account if you are a regular customer.
  • JBTVL
    Options
    I complained to Amazon about constant late deliveries and eventually a man on the telephone offered me 30% discount on all future orders, not being stupid I asked for it in writing.

I received an e-mail from Amazon confirming it and then asked them how to access it, they replied that they could find no trace of the e-mail and I sent them a copy of it and pointed out that it was also visible in my account settings.

They now state that this was human error and that I cannot have it, interesting times ahead!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure