Fireworks - LOST DOG thread now, not chat.

Options

Comments

• gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sassy - the ad is up on dogslost now AND also on dogs lost scotland and they have sent a msg to their helpers in your area, fingers crossed someone will spot him.
  • sazzybum
    sazzybum Posts: 1,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sassy - the ad is up on dogslost now AND also on dogs lost scotland and they have sent a msg to their helpers in your area, fingers crossed someone will spot him.

Thanks gr- yes they were kind enough to phone me to let me know. What lovely people!

Well me and a few friends have covered most of the town, but to no avail. Beach, woods, river, caravan park, everywhere really, asking everyone we saw if they'd seen him.

Vets, dog home, SSPCA, police all have no record of him, and I'm now so worried I don't quite know where to put myself.:(
    Ruaridh Armstrong-missing since 05/11/11. Come home old boy-we miss you x

If you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

I will respect your opinions, even if I don't agree with them :)
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Try the local radio & postmen/women, milkmen etc they all get out & about & may spot him. Fingers firmly crossed that he hurries home soon x
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also has a Facebook page been set up?
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Ohhhh sazzy, I bet he's hidden himself away somewhere - keep trying, don't give up.

My cat was lost for 3 days once, I searched everywhere and in all the neighbours garages (they tend to be open but there was a torrential storm and they all got shut). I was convinced he was in one so made every neighbour open them and yelled but no joy. 3 days later, my opposite neighbour opened their garage (which is pretty full IYKWIM) and out popped Archie! We'd been in there and looked and the only thing I could think was that he'd been sleeping at the time.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • sazzybum
    Options
    Try the local radio & postmen/women, milkmen etc they all get out & about & may spot him. Fingers firmly crossed that he hurries home soon x

Yes and thanks for that link Tiger. I've alerted the taxi drivers et al. Postie isn't about until tomorrow unfortunately but there will be a not on the door for him.

The pup's enjoying all the tissues I'm going through- keeps running away with them and shredding them all over. Least he's not pining as much, although he didn't quite know what to do when we went for a little walk this morning.

Jojo-once again, I'm sorry for totally hijacking your thread, please forgive me.

Aileen x

If you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

• sazzybum
    Options
    Also has a Facebook page been set up?

I have got it on FB through my staus, and friends as far as 45 miles away have copied it to theirs, with his picture.

• Toothfairy4
    Toothfairy4 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    I'm hoping for good news for you sazzy, may be an idea (as TigerLily said) to set up a 'group' on facebook, post it as your status and ask anyone in your area to share it with their friends. Would probably reach more people this way as a status (i presume) is only seen by people on your friends list x
  • LisaB85
    LisaB85 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    Smudge - Was a bit unsettled then curled up on the bed and went to sleep.

Jackson - Is a big wuss anyway and hid under the bed.

BlackJack - Was outside when they started so had gone into the shed, called him in and he looked worried but a belly full of food sorted that and he got into his bed, laid with his legs in the air and went to sleep.

Marmy - Isn't fussed, was brought up in areas where there were big displays near by. He sat on the bedroom window watching, I went to look out the curtain in the dark and shat myself as didn't realise he was behind it.

I live in a village so it isn't ever too bad but they were going off last weekend too, went quiet last night about 8pm then started again about 11 just after I let the cats out for a pee.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sazzybum I feel your pain - I had a similar situation last year with my boy who became known shortly after as Houdini as he had worked out how to open doors!!

Doglost are a fantastic resource and were so lovely with me when I went through the Saturday night on the couch with the front door wide open just like you. What I would say to you is that he is very likely in some kind persons house locally who have only just got up and started to think who to contact to find you that was the result for me and I really hope its the result for you.

Fingers crossed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure