Fireworks - LOST DOG thread now, not chat.

Options

Comments

• UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    oo also with images, go into profile where you pasted the img code for his pic? That may help if you then paste it here? Or upload to Photobucket or email me one if needed I can then upload for u xx
  • sazzybum
    sazzybum Posts: 1,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    He went missing in Boath Park area of Nairn, Highland. He's an 11 year old neutered male black labrador cross, with an elderly/silver face. He has a big fatty lump on his right side, but no ID as he slipped his collar with the tags on it. Also has a silver tummy due to going grey. His name is Ruaridh (Rory) and is very friendly-especially children, and would come if called.

Is that ok?
    Ruaridh Armstrong-missing since 05/11/11. Come home old boy-we miss you x

If you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

I will respect your opinions, even if I don't agree with them :)
  • sazzybum
    Options

If you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

• UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Perfect, i've edited the post to add his photo. Fingers crossed he is home safely very soon x
  • sazzybum
    Options
    Everything imaginable is crossed here..

• chucknorris
    chucknorris Posts: 10,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sazzybum wrote: »
    Everything imaginable is crossed here..

Im so sorry to hear about your dog running off, but it's early days yet so hopefully he'll turn up soon. Please let us know if he comes back. Has he ran off before and made his own way back?

By the way he is a lovely looking dog.
    Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one birdThe only time Chuck Norris was wrong was when he thought he had made a mistakeChuck Norris puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".I've started running again, after several injuries had forced me to stop
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Ohhhhh sazzybum (((hugs))) - ahhh hun, keeping everything crossed that he's found soon and is home today.

Have you been up all night? (I know I was when the cat went missing) - and also went through several boxes of tissues.

I'm just thankful that Ben was safe in the garden when the huge one that upset him went off (he didn't get his late walk last night as I just didn't want to take him outside the garden - he's a so & so for slipping his collar too, labs are quite prone to it due to having huge necks and smaller heads).

Keep thinking positive thoughts - do you have a regular walk that you do - if so, have a wander round there and hopefully he'll have found it as it'll be familiar. Please keep us updated ....
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • sazzybum
    Options
    Im so sorry to hear about your dog running off, but it's early days yet so hopefully he'll turn up soon. Please let us know if he comes back. Has he ran off before and made his own way back?

By the way he is a lovely looking dog.
    Ohhhhh sazzybum (((hugs))) - ahhh hun, keeping everything crossed that he's found soon and is home today.

Have you been up all night? (I know I was when the cat went missing) - and also went through several boxes of tissues.

I'm just thankful that Ben was safe in the garden when the huge one that upset him went off (he didn't get his late walk last night as I just didn't want to take him outside the garden - he's a so & so for slipping his collar too, labs are quite prone to it due to having huge necks and smaller heads).

Keep thinking positive thoughts - do you have a regular walk that you do - if so, have a wander round there and hopefully he'll have found it as it'll be familiar. Please keep us updated ....

Thank you both very much. Chuck- he was 8 miles away and a woman phoned me because he had his tag on- but he hasn't this time, as he slipped his collar. I hope he wakes up this morning and decides to head home without being as terrified as he was last night.

Rising-yep, been up all night. Every time I lay back on the sofa, my tummy started churning and I had to go throw up :( We sually walk down the woods near our home- in fact, it was his 11th birthday yeaterday and as his treat- we met three deer in there, which he chased for a bit, then came back with a big goofy grin on his face. But last night he went in the totally opposite direction. I don't think HE even knew where he was going, he just had his head down and bolted. I ran after him, but with the puppy as well, there was no way I could catch him- he was so terrified! I'll be going down there soon with pup but again- I'm scared to leave here in case he does come home. My dog sitter is away for the weekend or she would have come round.

Sorry guys, I'm rambling again- it's been a long night.

Again, everyones support and effort is so much appreciated, it means a whole lot to me.

• rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    If it were me, I'd take the pup out for a wee walk (taking big dog's collar/lead) and then bring him home.

I'd then go for a wander around (again with collar/lead) as you'll be able to get a much better look under bushes etc without the pup "helping", gently calling his name all the time - but I'd pop back regularly to check he's not arrived back home.

Do you know your neighbours at all? Would any of them be willing to keep an eye out and would he go to them if he turned up when you were out looking.

(((hugs))) again - my boy's ancient and you do become so much more protective of them when they get older.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OMG SAZZYBUM that's awful news hun, and I hope you find him safe and well:(:(
    My two dogs were terrified last night and the night before, and TBH I think domestic fireworks should be banned, as they cause so much noise and fear in animals and young kids.I had my DGD over last night and she was terried too:mad::mad:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport