Fireworks - LOST DOG thread now, not chat.

Options

Comments

• sazzybum
    sazzybum Posts: 1,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Rising..I was thinking of doing that. The wee man has had his breakfast, and if I bring him back and put him in his crate- he'll be ok for a wee while. The old boy loves swimming in the river down there, so he could be in that area if he made his way back.

This is going to sound daft I know, but I'm almost scared to go to our usual haunt in case I find him, if that makes sense. Part of me wants to and another part is petrified.

Candy- I couldn't agree more! I actually signed an e petition the other day about the public sale of fireworks, there's no need for them in back gardens. And since our local Sainsburys had them on BOGOF..It was like the millenium all over again round here. In fact- I could still hear the occasional bang at 240am!:mad:
    Ruaridh Armstrong-missing since 05/11/11. Come home old boy-we miss you x

If you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

I will respect your opinions, even if I don't agree with them :)
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Awwww hun, I know what you mean (((hugs))) again.

I've got to go just now but will pop back later... positive thought, OK.
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • Fridaycat
    Fridaycat Posts: 1,448 Forumite
    Options
    Just sending you my best wishes and positive thoughts, Sazzybum. I hope you find him soon xxx
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wish i was nearer so I could help search.

Everything crossed he's found this morning. Don't forget to ring the dog's home as soon as it opens.
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sazzy best of luck finding him this morning - I've got everything crossed for you.

My old puss lay in the crook of my arm last night with his chin rested heavily on my elbow. His eyes were wide open but he was so still I had to check he was still breathing. Eventually it all got too much and he slunk down to the basement to hide under the stairs...
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • sazzybum
    sazzybum Posts: 1,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »

Everything crossed he's found this morning. Don't forget to ring the dog's home as soon as it opens.

They open at 10, as does the SSPCA- just hope I get someone more helpful than I did last night. The vet got back to me but he wasn't the one on call last night- so he's getting in touch with the on call one to phone me.

My neighbour has taken her dogs down the woods to search and another friend is off down the beach with hers for a look. I'm waiting for the vet to call me back then take pup out for a wee bit-he's really pining, and it might help him a bit.

Can't say it enough to everyone- thank you, you're all :A
    Ruaridh Armstrong-missing since 05/11/11. Come home old boy-we miss you x

If you can't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

I will respect your opinions, even if I don't agree with them :)
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed Sazzy... I once had a dog run off on me like that - I was 6 months pregnant at the time and walked miles searching for her. Then had to go home as I had a doctor's appointment that day, in floods of tears. Got home... damn dog sat on the doorstep waiting for me! Hope your boy does the same.. xx
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Everything crossed here too for his safe return....
  • sunflower_2
    sunflower_2 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »

ME TOO!!! :o

i was reading through the thread quickly hoping there would be a happy ending

am keeping everything crossed ur old boy finds his way home - or is taken in by some kind people who will search the internet and find you.

not sure if it has been mentioned before - but where i live we have a "lost and found" facebook page?
    lots of pets have been found and returned home on there

do you use facebook you could try putting on your status for friends to spread the word??

again apols if already suggested, as i say i read quickly to get to the end
    :(
  • sunflower_2
    sunflower_2 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    Options
    just to add a bit of hope:

when i was a child we found a boxer roaming the streets and took her in, she was all sore from walking

we sooo wanted to keep her but mam said we had to inform the police and if the owner wasnt found then we could keep her

happily for the dog (Tara) and her owner (not good for us at the time) the police came up trumps and she went home

she lived at the other side of town, 6 miles away.

dont give up praying for Rory to return - i have a good feeling he is safe
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure