Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article

edited 13 October 2011 at 4:52PM in Mobiles
283 replies 230.2K views

Replies

• edited 4 December 2011 at 8:52PM
    ateriallateriall Forumite
    2 posts
    edited 4 December 2011 at 8:52PM
    Hello everyone,

Got a silly question for you guys.

3 is offering sim only deal - SIM 300: 300 minutes 3,000 texts and 1,000MB data (12 month contract) for non-iPhone. £10/month.

But same plan for iPhone 4/S costs £15 a month (contract lenght only 1 month) with micro-sim.

Do you think there's any technical difference between those 2 SIM cards, apart from different size?

I know people are trimming down SIM cards, so what if I order SIM 300 with a normal SIM card and cut it down to use it on my iPhone4S? Would pay £10/month instead of £15.

Worst case scenario, if I ruin the SIM card I am probably end up paying £10/month for 12 months without being able to replace it?
  • ateriall wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Got a silly question for you guys.

3 is offering sim only deal - SIM 300: 300 minutes 3,000 texts and 1,000MB data (12 month contract) for non-iPhone. £10/month.

But same plan for iPhone 4/S costs £15 a month (contract lenght only 1 month) with micro-sim.

Do you think there's any technical difference between those 2 SIM cards, apart from different size?

I know people are trimming down SIM cards, so what if I order SIM 300 with a normal SIM card and cut it down to use it on my iPhone4S? Would pay £10/month instead of £15.

Worst case scenario, if I ruin the SIM card I am probably end up paying £10/month for 12 months without being able to replace it?

If you are looking at these sort of prices and allowances why not try a giffgaff sim for a month, you'll have to cut it to size but with no risk. £10 month gets you 250mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data, and no contract. It'll also give you practice go at sim trimming :)
  • edited 6 December 2011 at 10:38AM
    andyorkneyandyorkney Forumite
    2 posts
    edited 6 December 2011 at 10:38AM
    The best deal for those of us looking for a large iPhone 4s has to be the Tesco 12 month deal. With the 64gb handset costing £370 and the tariff costing £420 per year (12*£35) the total cost of deal is £790. With apple selling the same handset at £699, the tariff over the year is costing only £91. That means those 750mins, 5000texts, 1gb data are costing less than £7.59 per month.

If only Tesco had a handset for me!
  • edited 6 December 2011 at 6:36PM
    ateriallateriall Forumite
    2 posts
    edited 6 December 2011 at 6:36PM
    andyorkney wrote: »
    The best deal for those of us looking for a large iPhone 4s has to be the Tesco 12 month deal. With the 64gb handset costing £370 and the tariff costing £420 per year (12*£35) the total cost of deal is £790. With apple selling the same handset at £699, the tariff over the year is costing only £91. That means those 750mins, 5000texts, 1gb data are costing less than £7.59 per month.

If only Tesco had a handset for me!

What about Tesco's network quality...?

And when they will be listing iPhone4S?
  • Tesco uses O2 as does GiffGaff.
    You can get a pretrimmed GiffGaff sim -- there is a third party link on the site somewhere.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • gjchestergjchester Forumite
    5.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    andyorkney wrote: »
    The best deal for those of us looking for a large iPhone 4s has to be the Tesco 12 month deal.

Just taken out a sim Only contract for my Iphone 4 with Tesco, and asked about an upgrade to a 4s as an option, talking to the salesman he said they have not had any iPhones in stock for ages.

Tesco may appear to be the cheapest but if they have no stock it's irrelevent..
  • gothrockchic1gothrockchic1 Forumite
    2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi can someone please explain the differences in the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB? I understand they are storage space but how much?

I am a bit confused as I want an Iphone 4s and wonder if its worth getting the larger one? I am trying get a good deal and hopefully cashback. I have applied for Three but got rejected :(
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    53.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    iphone 4s 32gb or 64gb

What size SD card to load music (note: iPhones have big built-in memory instead of a SD card)
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    grumbler wrote: »
    iphone 4s 32gb or 64gb

What size SD card to load music (note: iPhones have big built-in memory instead of a SD card)

Thank you Ive decided on the 16GB but yet to decide on which package :D
    2K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Another question about contracts. I have only been on PAYG and want a contract this time. I applied with 3 and got rejected but I discovered it was because I had moved and wasn't put on the electoral roll by my landlady. Can I reapply? Will it effect my credit rating?