Forum Home» Phones & TV» Mobiles

NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article - Page 10

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article

edited 13 October 2011 at 4:52PM in Mobiles
283 replies 230.4K views

Replies

• matt1987matt1987 Forumite
    870 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    carteruk wrote: »
    does it actually ask anywhere if you are in the police or can any tom, !!!!!! or harry order?

I had to give my collar number to them. Do you know anybody who works for NHS/Police, as this is available to friends and family.
  • matt1987 wrote: »
    For those that work for the Police:

voice999.co.uk are doing the following:

Iphone 4s 16gb
    Handset Price - £29.99
    Monthly Cost - £30
    450 Minutes
    Unlimited Txts
    750mb Data
    Unlimited Orange to Orange or Landline calls
    Free Voicemail
    Warranty
    24 Month contract.

Think this is available for NHS too.

Hope this helps!

With regard this offer I can only see the offer available at a price of £39.99 for the handset, not £29.99.
    Do you know if this has changed recently?
  • MickykMickyk Forumite
    171 posts
    Anyone who works for NHS or Police can get 20% off at vodafone, whole list of other companies as well, also they can give the same discount to 8 friends

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vea
  • matt1987matt1987 Forumite
    870 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Wolfbagger wrote: »
    With regard this offer I can only see the offer available at a price of £39.99 for the handset, not £29.99.
    Do you know if this has changed recently?

Looks like they must have changed it! They must have only done that the past few days!

My one is coming on Friday, so hopefully they wont charge me that price - if they do... I shall be ringing as when I ordered it was £29.99!
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Forumite
    7.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mickyk wrote: »
    Anyone who works for NHS or Police can get 20% off at vodafone, whole list of other companies as well, also they can give the same discount to 8 friends

www.vodafone.co.uk/vea

wheres a list of the companies?
    What goes around-comes around
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 8 February 2012 at 4:39PM
    RolandRoland Forumite
    62 posts
    edited 8 February 2012 at 4:39PM
    The late, great Steve Jobs once called the iPod Touch the "iPhone without a contract."
    The iPod Touch 64GB can be bought from Amazon for £283.00. By comparison, a sim-free iPhone 4S 64GB is almost never discounted and can be bought from Apple for £699. I can get discounts on Apple products, but these discounts do not apply to the iPhone. Both use most of the same apps and use the same media, the iPod can connect by wifi only. I don't think that a permanent connection to the phone network is required to download and play music and apps.
    I'm not surprised that Apple is making such huge profits when the premium to connect your iPod to the phone network is as much as £413.00. You could still buy the iPod and get a more effective communications device than the iPhone for less than half of that difference.
  • RavingMadRavingMad Forumite
    427 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    gabbyevs wrote: »
    wheres a list of the companies?

I got a new Iphone 4s with Vodafone today using this discount. The guy in the shop was able to bring up a list of all companies and I just had to pick out the company.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=232268

A quick google search brought this up but I'm not sure how accurate this list is.

HTH
  • The current best deal I can see is the 12 month vodafone contract at £36 per month for 300 mins and 3000 texts through Phones 4U. iPhone 4s 8gb black costs £79 meaning a total cost of £511. This is even cheaper than buying the iPhone outright and using giffgaff (which I was going to do).

I'm a little worried about it as I can't seem to get this deal up on the P4U website and can only get it by clicking the link in the article (in the tariff comparison).

P4U are also doing £50 cashback via quidco but as I can't get it up on the site, not sure if you can get it?
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    53.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The current best deal I can see is the 12 month vodafone contract at £36 per month for 300 mins and 3000 texts through Phones 4U. iPhone 4s 8gb black costs £79 meaning a total cost of £511.
    I guess it's 4, not 4s.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • RevRev Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is tesco still the cheapest for a 12 month contract?
    Sigless