NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Radshire wrote: »
    I signed up to Topcashback ages ago and did a few of the paid survey things. However, I lost all my points when they went under and have not been back since.
    I don't remember TCB ever 'going under' or ever doing any 'points'. Do you not confuse them with Rpoints?
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Agree- I am with TCB and they never went under, neither did they ever offer surveys.
  • Radshire
    Radshire Posts: 570 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry! Yes, you're both right. I'm confusing with rPoints.
    My apologies.

I really should sign up to TCB as well!
    :)
  • beansy
    beansy Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Radshire wrote: »
    Thanks Beansy.
    I signed up to Topcashback ages ago and did a few of the paid survey things. However, I lost all my points when they went under and have not been back since.
    I will however, take note that they do a matched cashback rate with Quidco in case I ever do visit them again.

You should treat yourself with that extra £50 if they do pay up. :D
    Would be interested to learn if they do (and if you remember to post).

UPDATE

Well I sent a message to Topcashback and they upgraded my cashback to the £161.09 - no questions asked, payment due in July.

With the exception of 1 failed transaction, I have always found Topcashback very good, prompt and helpful.
  • hislan
    hislan Posts: 72 Forumite
    FREE IPHONE 4S WITH UNLIMITED CALLS / UNLIMITED TEXTS / 1GB FOR ONLY £33 A MONTH!!!

I thought someone might be interested in the deal I've just picked up - a FREE 16GB Iphone 4s handset on O2 with UNLIMITED CALLS, UNLIMITED TEXTS, and 1GB data for the equivalent of only £33 a month!!!

I went through Quidco (offering £30 cashback) to buymobilephones.net who are also offering £40 cashback on an O2 £36 a month (for 24 months) package. With the £70 total cashback, this works out at £33 a month!

I'm now going to get £37 cashback via O2 on my 'old' HTC Legend to earn myself a few more pennies! :)
  • Hi,

I went through Quidco and it seems O2 offer disappeared...or I don't know where it is. Anyone got a tip ?
    Thanks
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    What offer and where?
    At BMP I see only 24x£36 for unltd+unltd+1Gb even if I go directly. The same if I go via Quidco.
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I've just got an iPhone 4 on what seems a good deal.
    It's off the Phones 4u website with Vodafone.
    It's the 8gb handset and the main things for me were the 12 month contract and no handset fee.
    It's £36 a month
    300 mins, unlimited texts, 500mb data (unlimited first 3 months) plus 2gb free wifi via the cloud.
    Also said £50 cashback via Quidco.

Seemed good to me as total of £382 for handset and the tarrif I'd been after an iPhone for ages, but didn't want a 24 month contract.

Having never used a cashback site I was wary as it doesn't guarantee the money. I went via a high street Phones 4u shop and they offered the same deal plus guaranteed cashback.

I'm really happy with the deal with cashback just under £32 a month. After 12 months I'll move to a cheaper sim monthly deal.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • hislan
    hislan Posts: 72 Forumite
    halpulaar wrote: »
    Hi,

I went through Quidco and it seems O2 offer disappeared...or I don't know where it is. Anyone got a tip ?
    Thanks

Sorry - I forgot to say, you need to search for 'buymobilephones' on Quidco. The cash back is for taking an iPhone contract!
  • gartlap
    gartlap Posts: 1 Newbie
    hi

i have managed to get a cheap iphone 4s

firstly i had an old 3gs to sell so i part ex it to the carphone warehouse and got £100.11

i then went via topcashback and ordered a sim only 12 month deal with vodefone and getting £101 cash back

i looked at buying a second hand phone off ebay but decided against it and went to the carphone warehouse and paid £499 for an unlocked white iphone 4s 16g

so here goes

£499 (iphone)
    £15 a month 12 month contract £180
    total cost = £679

-£100.11 for old iphone 3gs
    -£101.00 cash back

total cost = £477.89 or £39.82 a month for 12 months:money:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income