NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article

Comments

• lollol
    lollol Posts: 420 Forumite
    just been offered this when I asked to upgrade to an iphone4s.
    Comes with unlimited internet, calls and texts.
    I know I wont use all of this but want the iphone. want to upgrade from current nokia 9700 which is what i am using since losing my blackberry.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2012 at 5:12PM
    lollol wrote: »
    I know I wont use all of this but want the iphone.
    I know, you have to work hard to use all unlimited minutes, texts and megabytes. LOL.
    However, even unlimited minutes and texts with 1Gb are available on O2 for £36 from TescoPhoneShop. What's the point in paying £41x24=£840 in total for something that can be bought for £36x£24 or even cheaper depending on the amount of airtime you actually need?
  • Lemoncurd
    Lemoncurd Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lollol wrote: »
    I know I wont use all of this but want the iphone. want to upgrade from current nokia 9700 which is what i am using since losing my blackberry.

I used the 'Compare Tariffs' on http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-iphone#tool
    selecting 4s 16GB to select a TMobile 18m deal £31 a month + £44.99 up front (works out as £33.50p/m over term)for 750MB 100mins 500txts
  • ceonuse
    ceonuse Posts: 7 Forumite
    Hello all,

it is rare that i am able to offer advice on getting things cheaply on these forums, but here goes...

e2save are doing refurbished iphones with o2 for 32 pounds a month over 24 months. 600 minutes, unlimited texts and 500mb data.

plus 50 automatic cashback.
    plus 50 cashback through quidco

This gives you a grand total of 668 pounds over life of contract. i.e. 27.83 per month.

You have to pre order. They had a two week waiting list when i ordered last weekend.

Happy hunting!
  • Radshire
    Radshire Posts: 570 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nice one!

I'm looking at a pretty good deal for new phones as well which is kind of comparable.

2000 x-network minutes
    5000 texts
    Unlimited Internet (3GB)

£34 per month
    24 Months

£49 up front fee

£160 cashback via Quidco.

Inc. Cashbask, this works out at £29.38 pcm.

Oh - it's on the 3 network so will be no use to people who live anywhere other than in a large town or city.

This contract also allows you to tether your phone (i.e. use it as a modem when you're away from home and need to get online with your laptop). Useful for me, but probably not needed by everyone).

:)
  • grumbler
    blaqqy wrote: »
    We offer reasonable discount on bulk purchases
    Buy 2 get 1 free
    Buy 10 get 4 free...
    You call this reasonable?
    Haver you ever attended a school?
    Surely you have to give at least 5 free if I buy 10.
  • NeverInDebt
    NeverInDebt Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    post 117 :spam:
  • grumbler
    Which would be the best between the two, and what are their difference in prices?
    You can stop wasting your time now. You stand no chance to spam anything here.
  • beansy
    beansy Posts: 410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 April 2012 at 10:37PM
    Radshire wrote: »
    Nice one!

I'm looking at a pretty good deal for new phones as well which is kind of comparable.

2000 x-network minutes
    5000 texts
    Unlimited Internet (3GB)

£34 per month
    24 Months

£49 up front fee

£160 cashback via Quidco.

Inc. Cashbask, this works out at £29.38 pcm.

Oh - it's on the 3 network so will be no use to people who live anywhere other than in a large town or city.

This contract also allows you to tether your phone (i.e. use it as a modem when you're away from home and need to get online with your laptop). Useful for me, but probably not needed by everyone).

:)

Thanks Radshire

I had just ordered this deal via Topcashback and their cashback is only £110.09. My order tracked straight away but thanks to your post I have now registered a claim under their "Highest Cashback Guarantee" promise and hopefully will get an extra £50 cashback.

Personally, I prefer Topcashback and I notice that if you find a better cashback offer they actually encourage you to use their site and make a claim for the higher cashback from them and they will pay the difference themselves if your claim is successful!

I haven't tried this before but see info taken from their website below for more details.

"In fact, we are so certain of our competitiveness, we have introduced a ‘Highest Cashback Guarantee’. In the unlikely event that another cashback site has managed to negotiate a higher cashback rate with any retailer, then we will refund the difference out of our own funds (even though any other site is likely to charge an admin fee)".

NB. When I checked the coverage for my area it wasn't looking good for internet coverage but my sister lent me her sim and it is excellent, including tethering.
  • Radshire
    Radshire Posts: 570 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks Beansy.
    I signed up to Topcashback ages ago and did a few of the paid survey things. However, I lost all my points when they went under and have not been back since.
    I will however, take note that they do a matched cashback rate with Quidco in case I ever do visit them again.

You should treat yourself with that extra £50 if they do pay up. :D
    Would be interested to learn if they do (and if you remember to post).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback