NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

NEW THREAD: Cheapest iPhones article

edited 13 October 2011 at 5:52PM in Mobiles
279 replies 226K views

Replies

• ajoajo Forumite
    99 posts
    Let me get this right, looking at the O2 contacts for the iPhone 4S.. I actually works out cheaper overall (looking at the 12 month contracts) to go for the higher £46 a month than any below that. Saving even more if you downgrade after 9 months.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
  • clairelhclairelh Forumite
    137 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I've just given my notice with Orange for the end of my contract and am looking for an i-phone deal. I'm not too fussed about the 4s, so am happy to save a few pennies and go with the 4. To keep costs down I'm really looking at the 8GB version. I've done a good search and I am wondering why people aren't mentioning Tesco's deals so much. Even their cheapest package offers 1GB data, which compared to a measly 100MB I was offered by Orange for the same monthly amount (and a larger handset cost) to stay with them seems pretty good.

Am I missing something with the Tesco deals? The only other deal is the O2 one INT1 mentioned a few posts up or a Three one for which I could get a 16GB phone for the same price as a 8GB - both of which I could get cashback for through my work's cashback site or Topcashback.

Are Tesco Mobile as good as their deals seem?

Thanks
  • 8GB is tiny, I couldn't even fit my 10 largest apps on that. And that's without any music or videos or photos. But if you don't think you will use many apps it might be enough. Do make sure you get enough storage though, it can't be upgraded later.
  • I would have 32GB on my Iphone if I had my way....you live and learn. More is definitely not less.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • silvercarsilvercar Forumite, Board Guide
    41.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've given in.

Seems the 4s is in short supply. After hearing of delays in Tesco phone shop and problems with ordering for delivery I went into CPW and came out with the phone.

Iphone 42 16GB in Black - in stock

£99.99 + 24 x £36

600 mins, unlimited texts & 500MB data.

More expensive than I wanted to pay, but realised that there are no great deals to be had and messing around just delays the date of the next upgrade.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • silvercar wrote: »
    I've given in.

Seems the 4s is in short supply. After hearing of delays in Tesco phone shop and problems with ordering for delivery I went into CPW and came out with the phone.

Iphone 42 16GB in Black - in stock

£99.99 + 24 x £36

600 mins, unlimited texts & 500MB data.

More expensive than I wanted to pay, but realised that there are no great deals to be had and messing around just delays the date of the next upgrade.

That must be orange?

You should have went with TMobile. For £35.75 you could have had 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited browsing (500mb on dowloads and streaming though)
    41.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    That must be orange?

You should have went with TMobile. For £35.75 you could have had 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited browsing (500mb on dowloads and streaming though)

It was orange.

We have a problem with T-mobile reception indoors at home (and I know they can use each others networks in theory). In practice, Orange works indoors and T-mobile doesn't get reception.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debate House Prices & the Economy, House Buying, Renting & Selling, Mortgages and Endowments, In My Home incl DIY, Overseas Holidays & Student boards.
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.
  • silvercar wrote: »
    It was orange.

We have a problem with T-mobile reception indoors at home (and I know they can use each others networks in theory). In practice, Orange works indoors and T-mobile doesn't get reception.

Hmm deal is pretty expensive. Did you not want 3 mobile?

Also 24 months? That's what puts me off going with Orange. Way too long.
    41.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    Hmm deal is pretty expensive. Did you not want 3 mobile?

Also 24 months? That's what puts me off going with Orange. Way too long.

Didn't want 3 - bad reception.

I was dithering over the 24 months. In fact I was dithering full stop.

In the end I decided to go for it.

Orange retentions weren't offering any deals.

02 - existing customers only,
    Tesco mobile - 2 week stock delay
    CPW had one in stock ready to go.

So ye, orange for another 24 mths.
  • Hi all,

For those looking what appears to be a good deal I've just done the following: -

Iphone 4S 32gb phone cost of £79.99 and £36 monthly contract for 2 years with either 300 mins, unlimited texts and 1gb internet access or 600 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb internet access. The website is buymobilephones.net and its on an Orange tariff where they are offering the 32gb phone for the price of a 16gb! This works out at £944 for 2 years.

I was very impressed with the service when I called them (or you can do it all on line). I placed my order around 1:30pm and received the phone the next day at just after 8am!! Having been a Vodafone customer for many years I called them first to see if they could match the deal but they couldn't get anywhere near it unless I had the 16bg phone.

I know it's early days but I've had no issues so far. There is no mention that you get a reconditioned phone and all appears brand new...white or black phones available last time I checked.

I also had an email from buymobilephones.net where you can recommend a friend and get gifts but that isn't the reason for this post (but it might also interest some others).

I don't know how long the offer is for but worth checking.

Good luck all and feel free to let me know if I've missed anything.

:) Swifty