Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• dryerball
    Options
    Uh..no. (?) It is based on many more then my experience. Which is why there is a "Yodel - Unofficial Complaints Group" on Facebook.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who knows? But one thing that I do know and that is that we will no longer buy from any company that uses Yodel for their deliveries. Bitter experience in the past has shown them to be consistently poor.

Not here.
    Nor Hermes,Amazon Logistics etc.
    Always 2 sides.
  • Nessun_Dorma
    Nessun_Dorma Posts: 6,436 Forumite
    Options
    dryerball wrote: »
    Uh..no. (?) It is based on many more then my experience. Which is why there is a "Yodel - Unofficial Complaints Group" on Facebook.

So, out of the millions, upon millions of parcels that Yodel have delivered in the last year, do really believe that fifty people are going to make the slightest difference?
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ordered something from Amazon which I found was being delivered by Yodel. I was actually worried after reading this thread. Item arrive well in advance of offical delivery date and no problems.
  • Jennyw73
    Options
    I think I can do one better. Yodel are the worst courier service I've dealt with. My package was with Yodel last Monday 4th Jan 2016. Was supposed to be delivered but the driver lied and said they tried & left a card but did not. I rearranged for the next day at my home. Again the driver lied and said they tried to deliver and left a card. I was in the entire day waiting. I tried to phone but couldn't get anything but an automated voice. So, I did a webchat and was guaranteed my parcel weds. Didn't even leave the depot apparently. Again I webchatted and rearranged for Thursday. Apparently my package was taken off the van and no explanation has been provided. A supervisor then began a webchat who again guaranteed Friday. Oh and what a surprise no delivery and was told by another supervisor on Saturday they won't be delivering Saturday with no explanation. I have involved the company who sent the package and have been told it should be with my by 9pm on Monday. A week after Yodel was supposed to deliver it. I think they should teach their drivers to lie properly and then maybe they won't be caught out so easily. I have now written a formal complaint to Head Office with copies of all my tracking history and my webchats/emails and a scathing review online. This is the Southampton Depot by the way if any Yodel people are reading this
  • Nessun_Dorma
    Options
    Jennyw73 wrote: »
    I think I can do one better. Yodel are the worst courier service I've dealt with. My package was with Yodel last Monday 4th Jan 2016. Was supposed to be delivered but the driver lied and said they tried & left a card but did not. I rearranged for the next day at my home. Again the driver lied and said they tried to deliver and left a card. I was in the entire day waiting. I tried to phone but couldn't get anything but an automated voice. So, I did a webchat and was guaranteed my parcel weds. Didn't even leave the depot apparently. Again I webchatted and rearranged for Thursday. Apparently my package was taken off the van and no explanation has been provided. A supervisor then began a webchat who again guaranteed Friday. Oh and what a surprise no delivery and was told by another supervisor on Saturday they won't be delivering Saturday with no explanation. I have involved the company who sent the package and have been told it should be with my by 9pm on Monday. A week after Yodel was supposed to deliver it. I think they should teach their drivers to lie properly and then maybe they won't be caught out so easily. I have now written a formal complaint to Head Office with copies of all my tracking history and my webchats/emails and a scathing review online. This is the Southampton Depot by the way if any Yodel people are reading this

Why didn't you involve the sender straightaway and get them to deal with it? After all, it is what you have paid them for.
  • Jennyw73
    Jennyw73 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2016 at 3:34PM
    Options
    Actually I did phone them but because their website says allow 3-5 working days for delivery they noted what I said and asked me to phone back if I didn't receive Friday. I waited til Saturday as i was burying my mother friday. Regardless of whether I involved them or not the point of the matter is Yodel blatantly lied, they kept my parcel at the depot for a whole week and with no explanations as to why and no attempt in that week to bother delivering and no one could give me a straight answer. And I didn't have to pay delivery so no that isn't what I paid them for. I paid for what was in the package. It looks to me like you work for Yodel from all the comments you like to make. So I believe congratulations/commiserations are in order for working for one of the worst courier services here oh and I wouldn't like to be you if you work at the Southampton Depot especially when head office receive my complaint
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jennyw73 wrote: »
    Actually I did phone them but because their website says allow 3-5 working days for delivery they noted what I said and asked me to phone back if I didn't receive Friday. I waited til Saturday as i was burying my mother friday. Regardless of whether I involved them or not the point of the matter is Yodel blatantly lied, they kept my parcel at the depot for a whole week and with no explanations as to why and no attempt in that week to bother delivering and no one could give me a straight answer. And I didn't have to pay delivery so no that isn't what I paid them for. I paid for what was in the package. It looks to me like you work for Yodel from all the comments you like to make. So I believe congratulations are in order for working for one of the worst courier services here oh and I wouldn't like to be you if you work at the Southampton Depot especially when head office receive my complaint

Of course you paid for delivery.
    It is in the total price you paid.

Since you have gone to the classic anyone disagreeing with you works for the company.
    Is there any point in your post?

Just because an item is at the depot with these cheaper couriers,doesnt mean it will be delivered that day.
    They run tight times/workloads. so if they cant make a delivery that day,it gets pushed to the next.

Regards Yodel CEO (allegedly)
  • Jennyw73
    Options
    Anyone can disagree with me as I am sure that there are those out there that haven't had any problems and yes you are quite right it goes to the next day however explain to me why they said they delivered but hadnt done so and why it has taken a week to be delivered?
  • Jennyw73
    Options
    Anyway your comments sticking up for Yodel mean absolutely nothing to anyone posting a complaint on here. All of us who have complained on here have obviously had our problems with Yodel and whether you do or don't work for them is irrelevant because we are entitled to complain just like you are entitled to your opinion. The only difference is the page is called Praise, vent & warnings and that is exactly what we are all doing..praising and venting. If you have a problem with us all venting about Yodel and not praising them on this forum I suggest you take it up with money saving experts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure