Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• Yodel_representative
    Yodel_representative Posts: 37 Organisation Representative
    Options
    akaSmiffie wrote: »
    If this were a game of Yodel Trumps then I think I win.

I bought via the bay a part for £900 and the box was 5 feet by 2 feet, so not the sort of size to fall behind the seat.
    This was in collected by Yodel on 7th MAY 2015, it is now JANUARY 2016 and I still do not have the parcel.

My problem was that although I paid for the delivery the seller organized the collection, this means that all the seller has to do was say " yodel collected it " and then the seller is out of it.

So you call Yodel ( if your lucky and they answer ) only to hear them say that they cannot talk to you because of the data protection act. ???

So, the seller is out, and the Currier is out of touch, and the buyer is out of £900.

The police have confirmed the seller posted it and that Yodel has the parcel, then they are out ???

Hang on, you now know where the parcel is and you walk away, ? I involved you because I couldn't get anywhere with Yodel. The police said its civil, WHAT, they have my goods and WILL NOT give them to me, in the end the police stopped returning my calls.

I did a search for YODEL email address for customer services and found this forum, so if anyone knows the email address please let me know.

Because of the cost I will keep going even if it ends up in court.

I spoke to a driver and he said if the box is damaged they will not deliver because if the customer makes a claim it is the DRIVER who has to pay, and the money is taken out of their wages, so if a box is damaged, the driver says NO, and there it sits for 8 months >>>> forever.

I have only last month been given the details from the police that is why it has not been resolved yet, but a CCJ should wake them up a bit, lets see.

PLEASE let me know if you know the email address for their customer services. :beer:

Hi there, can you please email yodel.mse@sm.myyodel.co.uk with the delivery address so I can take a look into this for you? Thanks, Ava
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Yodel. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Colvic99
    Options
    As some people have requested, here is the official complaints e-mail address:
    talktous@sm.myyodel.co.uk

Hope this helps. I had a bad experience with Yodel and am awaiting a reply from them.
  • Colvic99
    Options
    Probably the best way to e-mail is at the top of the list. Yodel Executive chairman is Mr !!!! Stead and his e-mail address is: !!!!.stead@yodel.co.uk

Unfortunately his first name is for some reason blanked out when I post it but his first name is
    D i c k.
  • Hikilu
    Hikilu Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    OK so I know Yodel have their problems but for gods sake if you order something online, the most basic requirement is that you are at home to take delivery. Do you know how many deliveries a courier has to make in a day? There simply isn't enough time to ring everyone to make the delivery which you know is on its way. Next time just be at home or have it delivered at work or have it left safe somewhere. This is the best advice you will get from anyone!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hikilu wrote: »
    OK so I know Yodel have their problems but for gods sake if you order something online, the most basic requirement is that you are at home to take delivery. Do you know how many deliveries a courier has to make in a day? There simply isn't enough time to ring everyone to make the delivery which you know is on its way. Next time just be at home or have it delivered at work or have it left safe somewhere. This is the best advice you will get from anyone!

Is it? When Yodel (for example) delivers over a spread of days.
    How do you make sure you are home?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hikilu wrote: »

If I'm not in to receive a package then so be it, I'll collect it from the depot.
  • Nessun_Dorma
    Nessun_Dorma Posts: 6,436 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    Is it? When Yodel (for example) delivers over a spread of days.
    How do you make sure you are home?

By monitoring the tracking. If you are unable to do that, you could arrange to have it delivered to a safe place, or to a neighbour or to you at work.
  • custardy
    Options
    By monitoring the tracking. If you are unable to do that, you could arrange to have it delivered to a safe place, or to a neighbour or to you at work.

So the tracking updates in the morning to say its on delivery.
    I just phone work and say I wont be in?
  • Nessun_Dorma
    Nessun_Dorma Posts: 6,436 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    So the tracking updates in the morning to say its on delivery.
    I just phone work and say I wont be in?

That's one solution. What else would you suggest? Do you think that the courier should track you down, using widely available detection methods, perhaps he should track the GPS on your phone to find you. Perhaps they could employ the services of a private detective.
  • custardy
    Options
    That's one solution. What else would you suggest? Do you think that the courier should track you down, using widely available detection methods, perhaps he should track the GPS on your phone to find you. Perhaps they could employ the services of a private detective.

You seem to be branching off into the twilight zone.
    I would suggest customers follow the couriers given services. Whether thats leave safe,redelivery,collection or whatever.
    My reply was to a post suggesting people have to meet this requirement
    the most basic requirement is that you are at home to take delivery
    So why exactly do you feel the need to question me on the simple fact of not always being able to be home?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure