Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• sharjay99
    Options
    Had someone on my facebook friend list whos a yodel delivery driver, if theres anyone with famous namesakes etc he'd post pictures og the name, address, parcel number etc etc for everyone to see and comment on. Very professional and would happily admit that hes less than respectful with peoples parcels
  • oldandgrumpy
    Options
    Raksha wrote: »
    Be kind to your Yodel/HDNL drivers - redundancy packages are being announced :(

Not surprising really, collectplus.co.uk are there when you want to collect/deliver.
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not surprising really, collectplus.co.uk are there when you want to collect/deliver.

Ermmm just who do you think delivers to/collects from the Collect+ stores? :rotfl:
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, my son's battles to improve the service to the customers of Yodel in the Hitchin and Enfield Chace areas have come to an end. After 6 years and a nervous breakdown brought on by the stress of it, he has taken redundancy. He found a new job within a week.
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • sedindriuke
    Options
    Description Date Time
    Possible delay, incomplete address (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 15th Aug 2012 09:24
    Delivery tried,awaiting instruction (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 15th Aug 2012 08:17
    Parcel returned to delivery depot (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 13th Aug 2012 17:21
    No One To Receive Card Left (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 13th Aug 2012 13:43
    Out for delivery (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 13th Aug 2012 06:27
    Scanned as part of secure process (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 13th Aug 2012 06:12
    Delivery tried,awaiting instruction (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 11th Aug 2012 08:56
    Possible delay, incomplete address (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 10th Aug 2012 08:48
    Delivery tried,awaiting instruction (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 10th Aug 2012 08:40
    Delivery tried,awaiting instruction (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 8th Aug 2012 07:53
    Delivery tried,awaiting instruction (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 7th Aug 2012 11:23
    Parcel returned to delivery depot (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 6th Aug 2012 15:51
    No One To Receive Card Left (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 6th Aug 2012 13:57
    Out for delivery (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 6th Aug 2012 06:48
    Scanned as part of secure process (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 6th Aug 2012 06:40
    Scanned as part of secure process (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Aug 2012 18:52
    In Transit (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Aug 2012 18:46
    Arrived At Depot (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 3rd Aug 2012 18:44
    Load Transfer Receipt (SANDWELL SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Aug 2012 16:40
    Parcel data received awaiting coll. (LICHFIELD SERVICE CENTRE) 2nd Aug 2012 00:00

I am waiting my parcel from 6th of Aug. I have bought a mobile phone with a contract from Carphoe warehouses. And still waiting.. it was my mistake to buy on the internet as i didnt see the same promotion on contracts in the shop...huge mistake and now i have to wait until stupid drivers and stupid company will deliver to me or will return the delivery to sender...
    Could somebody tell me where is Yodel depot to pick up the deliveries? As in the tracker it was told that nobody wasnt at home - it is not true... and that they left a card with reference number - that is so much not true. If i have a card there wont be problems, and no i have nothing.. also retail shoips can not help me because internet shop and retail one are different things ... Are we left alone in this situation? what can i do? Please give me some advises colleagues in Yodel !!!!!!!!s.. Thank you very much!

(p.s. of course they do not reply to emails, or forms i submitted in their website)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    what can i do? Please give me some advises

contact carphone warehouse (online)
  • shakeitright
    Options
    Tweet them https://twitter.com/YodelOnline sorted my problem out in an hour.
  • sedindriuke
    Options
    Thank you for everybody.

I picked my delivery by myself today!!!! yey im enjoying my phone :)
    I tried to tag Carephone on Facebook yesterday, bla bla bla.. finally i was reading here and found an email of some woman. I emailed her and in 20 min i got an answer from John McCaffrey (John.Mccaffrey@capita.co.uk) . He provided me with all information i needed (address of collection point, working time, my reference number as i never saw the card left by driver)... and today finalllyyy i picked it.

If you need Aberdeen address of collection point:
    Aberdeen
    Yodel
    Scotland/North
    SCNO1
    Units A & B,
    Hareness Circle,
    Crombie Road
    Altens Industrial Estate,
    Torry
    Aberdeen,
    Aberdeen
    AB12 3LY

Working time 8am-6pm.

good that it helped and i did not need to deal with customer services, to listen to 5 songs, push the buttons, to talk with different people and retell the same story, to lose connection or whatever..

Maybe it helped that in email I mentioned CCTV in my house and said that no driver wasn't tried to deliver my order...
    p.s. as they mentioned my delivery was delayed due to incomplete address... gues what? my address was correct on the package...
  • oldandgrumpy
    Options
    Ermmm just who do you think delivers to/collects from the Collect+ stores? :rotfl:

Yeah, but at least you don't have to wait in all day for a no show! The way I read it, you get an email when it has been delivered to the collection point.
  • JessieGP
    Options
    I am having an awful experience with Yodel.

I ordered 2 pairs of trousers for uniform for my new job, from a mail order company on Wednesday evening, paying £7.95 for next day delivery, which would have been Friday as I missed the deadline for Thursday. That wouldn't have been a problem if the courier service hadn't been yodel. I cannot buy from high street stores as my legs are too long, and I have never ever had a problem with the retailer in all of the years I have shopped with them.

My car broke down on Friday. I waited 5 hours for the RAC to attend (couldn't be helped, I was in the middle of nowhere in scotland and the weather was horrid). I return home to find a card wedged in the door frame of the internal door to my flat (the driver had gained access to the building).

I go online to try to get the parcel redelivered, but every time I enter the number on the card with my postcode I get "postcode Invalid" message. It's my postcode, and the same postcode on the invoice from the retailer.

I call yodel. 45 minutes it took them to answer my call. I am told that I have 2 options, to have delivery on Monday (I will be 200 miles away at my new job on Monday, departing tomorrow afternoon, Sunday) or to collect from the local depot on Saturday, 30 miles from my home.

I call yodel first thing this morning (Saturday) and find out that my parcel is at the depot, so I tell them I am leaving for the depot NOW! I had to borrow money to get to the depot.

I get to the depot, and am told my parcel is on the van for delivery today. I was specifically told that they do not deliver on a Saturday. I break down in tears in the depot as I am really stressed out about having my uniform to take away with me tomorrow.

The guy in the depot calls the driver, has a conversation with him and says he will 100% deliver my parcel, and leave it with a neighbour if I am not there to accept it.

I return home - no parcel!

I call yodel (my tracking numbers still don't work) and am told that it's still on the van for delivery today.

I am now sat here crying my eyes out. I planned ahead and paid for next day delivery so that I would have them in ample time for my departure tomorrow. If I don't get this delivery today I run the risk of losing my job before I even start it. I can't claim the cost of the trousers back until I have the invoice to submit to head office, and I have had to spend money allocated for bills to get my uniform until my refund comes through from the company.

At present, I have absolutely nothing suitable to wear for work should my parcel not arrive. I'm going to look like an incompetent fool who leaves things til the last minute. A great first impression to give my new employers.

I have been reading horror stories about yodel all over the internet. Some posted 6 years ago.

How can this company still be doing this to customers? It's appalling.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure