Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• blunther
    blunther Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    I just had a parcel delivered on time by Yodel. It was left in a safe place in my garden and described on the card where it was, to save me having to go to the depot. Very happy :)

(just thought I'd balance it out a little :) )
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 December 2012 at 3:02PM
    Options
    Another unhappy customer here.

Had another delivery failed yesterday, due by prime delivery from amazon yesterday and still not turned up by today. Latest update on amazon was that it was in a van from their Lichfield depot yesterday afternoon.

However when I go to hdnls site and look on ther, went on van and 28 minutes later failed delivery stting delivery attempted failed to gain access!

However

1. Someone was in all day yesterday and no one rang the door

2. If by some chance we didn't hear the door bell we have a very loud dog that always barks if somone near the house

3. I know where the Lichfield depot is and jthe distance in relation to my home, and unless they have now stated delivering via helicopter there is no way the can get any where near here withinn28 mins of it going on van and attempted delivery (50 mins+ and that's on a good day)

4. not to mention, no delivery card left, not left in a porch or with neighbours.

Why amazon continue to use them is beyond me

This is tracking info on Amazonia of right now:

28 Dec 2012 01:44:00 PM Lichfield Van UK Out for delivery
    28 Dec 2012 05:16:00 AM Lichfield Depot UK Arrival Scan
    27 Dec 2012 06:43:57 PM Prime Sort UK Arrival Scan

This is info on hdnl/yodel

Description Location Date Time

Delivery / collection attempted, unable to gain access Lichfield van 28th Dec 2012 14:14
    Parcel out for delivery Lichfield van 28th Dec 2012 13:44
    Delivery / collection attempted, unable to gain access Lichfield service centre 28th Dec 2012 09:26
    Parcel received at local service centre Lichfield service centre 28th Dec 2012 05:16
    In transit to local service centre Prime sort 27th Dec 2012 18:43

It also shows that they back track and manipulate the timings as 1. The early one in the day wasn't listed until the last hour or so (and can prove we were in as has another par el delivered that time of failure from another company that amazon use!)

Amazon seem to not give a damn, called and they said would get into them to deliver ASAP, and suggested to go onto hdnl's site and use the tracking number to reschedule delivery to a suitable date but when I go on, not letting me do so as despite no updates since yesterday's so called failed delivery still states the status is out or delivery.

The website gives a tel number that no longer in use, and gives an 0800number after, but the tracking number doesn't work, and can't get through to a person on it as it hangs up on you!

Gonna try twitter next as worth a try
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £750.09 overpaid as at April so YTD = £750.09 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,142.27
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    anna42hmr wrote: »

Had another delivery failed yesterday, due by prime delivery from amazon yesterday and still not turned up by today. Latest update on amazon was that it was in a van from their Lichfield depot yesterday afternoon.

However when I go to hdnls site and look on ther, went on van and 28 minutes later failed delivery stting delivery attempted failed to gain access!

However

2. If by some chance we didn't hear the door bell we have a very loud dog that always barks if somone near the house

3. I know where the Lichfield depot is and jthe distance in relation to my home, and unless they have now stated delivering via helicopter there is no way the can get any where near here withinn28 mins of it going on van and attempted delivery (50 mins+ and that's on a good day)

4. not to mention, no delivery card left, not left in a porch or with neighbours.

Delivery / collection attempted, unable to gain access Lichfield van 28th Dec 2012 14:14
    Delivery / collection attempted, unable to gain access Lichfield service centre 28th Dec 2012 09:26
    Parcel received at local service centre Lichfield service centre 28th Dec 2012 05:16

It also shows that they back track and manipulate the timings as 1. The early one in the day wasn't listed until the last hour or so (and can prove we were in as has another par el delivered that time of failure from another company that amazon use!)

Amazon seem to not give a damn, called and they said would get into them to deliver ASAP, and suggested to go onto hdnl's site and use the tracking number to reschedule delivery to a suitable date but when I go on, not letting me do so as despite no updates since yesterday's so called failed delivery still states the status is out or delivery.

The website gives a tel number that no longer in use, and gives an 0800number after, but the tracking number doesn't work, and can't get through to a person on it as it hangs up on you!

part in red
    More likely they have an issue of no time.staff,failure or whatever
    they need to 'close' the tracking
    So they pick fro the resolutions they have available
    The people designing the systems generally dont include a "we are in the crap" resolution
  • jaxkesa
    jaxkesa Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    anna42hmr wrote: »

However

Pretty much the same thing happened to me. Amazon says 'Out for delivery' but the Yodel website says they attempted delivery at midday. I have been waiting in all day and no-one came. Customer service is closed until Monday so can't even phone them. I don't want to re-arrange delivery and wait in all day again so am just going to order everything from somewhere else where I can collect it.

It's literally EVERY TIME they do this to me. How the hell are they still in business? :mad:
  • chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    they excelled themselves this Christmas.

attempting one delivery before sending it back to the retailer.

I had to laugh in all honesty!

their contracts with retailers must be £1 a year for companies to still use them.
  • krissi
    Options
    I have always had a bad expreience with Yodel. Like many people if I am told 'Yodel' will be the delivery company I don't order. Amason use Yodal along with many other delivery companies but only use Yodel when other companies are too busy (their last resort). Last week I had to return some thing and printed a return label and was told when Yodel would come and pick it up. I waited in all day, didn't shower as I didnt want to miss the delivery man, no food, then I was told at 5.30 it would be colleted within two days. I then went to the Post Office and sent if from there and Amazon refunded the postage. No no to Yodel.
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    krissi wrote: »
    I have always had a bad expreience with Yodel. Like many people if I am told 'Yodel' will be the delivery company I don't order. Amason use Yodal along with many other delivery companies but only use Yodel when other companies are too busy (their last resort).

Proof?

I find Amazon to choose courier based off what time of day they are processing the order, DPD seems to be the courier of choice when its late at night they are processing the orders..
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    krissi wrote: »
    I have always had a bad expreience with Yodel. Like many people if I am told 'Yodel' will be the delivery company I don't order. Amason use Yodal along with many other delivery companies but only use Yodel when other companies are too busy (their last resort). Last week I had to return some thing and printed a return label and was told when Yodel would come and pick it up. I waited in all day, didn't shower as I didnt want to miss the delivery man, no food, then I was told at 5.30 it would be colleted within two days. I then went to the Post Office and sent if from there and Amazon refunded the postage. No no to Yodel.

based on what? So at what point is(for example) Royal Mail too busy?
    They use Yodel all year. lets be honest,they(like other companies) use yodel and whomever else on a cost vs % success ratio
  • JohnnyScottish
    Options
    I have quite a bit of experience with Yodel through work and for the first time today personally. On all counts they consistently fail on their "next day deliveries". I'm willing to accept that this may be due to Aberdeen being a long way from the dispatch points. But they really ought not to be promising things they cannot achieve. I waited 7am to 9pm today but it never came. I contacted my seller and they said it would be delivered tomorrow which is no good as i have to be out all day.

As soon as i say yodel tracking on the sellers email my heart sank. I know i wouldnt get my parcel on the day promised.
  • woody505
    woody505 Posts: 98 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had a rude yodel driver today "CANT YOU ANSWER THE DOOR QUICKER IVE GOT OVER PLACES TO BE" forced the parcel on me and he left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure