We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• WJGreenall
    Options
    I was frustrated to see via Yodel's tracking webpage that the driver had attempted to deliver but been unable to gain access (I've been in all day and hadn't seen hide nor hair of a delivery driver) so I followed an earlier tip on this thread and tweeted to @yodelonline. Result: Instant response from a very helpful lady called Laura. Considering they have zero contact information on the website (I don't count the phone number which was automated unhelpfulness incarnate) this was a heartwarming discovery.
  • filbrown_2
    Options
    28TH JAN 2014 - HOW TO DEAL WITH NON-DELIVERIES
    There are LOTS of people who have issues with non-deliveries and also who struggle with the customer service. Here are 2 FREE ways with dealing with it:

1) Call Yodel on 0800 157 7777, option 1, option 1, put in the 8 digit code as 12345678 (as this is not a valid code) then when it asks you to repeat do the same number, you will then be put through to a PERSON as the automated line can't take you getting it wrong twice in a row. From there they are actually fairly helpful and even gave me the drivers number & I harassed him until he delivered the parcel (I was at work and he even called me as he handed it over to my neighbour so that I knew it was safe & where it was).

2) Complain to @YodelOnline on Twitter and they sort it out for you pretty quickly as public criticism on a popular public site is bad. I DM'd them at their request and were good at chasing and updating me.

This being said, I was still very VERY unhappy with their general lack of service and the amount of faff I had to go through to figure these solutions out. I was shocked that they hadn't rung my doorbell OR left a slip for me. The above was a quick and (relatively!) painless process in the end.

Good luck!
  • Twisted_Cherry
    Options
    Yodel actually delivered a parcel yesterday... I was shocked and thought to myself 'Have they improved!' No such luck they failed to deliver a parcel I was expecting today... although I do have till 9pm but I am not hopeful!
  • GaryMcEwan
    Options
    Reading all these comments fill me with absolute dread now. I ordered my new upgrade from Virgin Mobile at 3.30pm this afternoon (30/01) and they said that it would be next day delivery, so I paid the £7.99 and received my tracking number.

However I've tried to check the status online but all it says is this...

Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments
    Load Transfer Receipt 30/01/14 NORTHAMPTON SERVICE CENTRE

Parcel data received awaiting coll. 30/01/14 NORTHAMPTON SERVICE CENTRE

This is my first time getting anything delivered by Yodel and I'm slightly apprehensive if it will turn up at all now...
  • devdas121
    Options
    Yodel is one of the worst companies for deliveru and collection service. Last week, I had to return an item which I have purchased from Amazon and I was waiting for the driver to come and collect. Waited all day long and no driver turned up. I have received a text from Yodel saying that the driver turned up and missed the collection from us !!!!!!. There was no card from the driver and absolutely nothing from hiM....
  • albertc30
    albertc30 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.

I am at my wits end with Yodel.

Bought a printer with eBuyer and after 10 days Yodel have marked this as delivered.

Due to my own mistake and paypal, I had this sent to my old address which is not a problem as the people who moved in are friends, so no probs there.

They have confirmed that a printer was indeed delivered but was taken back as it needed signing for.

On top of that, I have also purchased a SSD which eBuyer has no consignment info on yet but I have already received this from YODEL.

What on earth are these companies doing?

eBuyer yes but only if delivery is made by someone NOT yodel.

And an e-mail on their website? Right. Websites designed like this should not be allowed and business should be forced to advertise direct e-mail addresses.

I have had enough.

Regards,
    Albert
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    albertc30 wrote: »
    Hi all.

I am at my wits end with Yodel.

Bought a printer with eBuyer and after 10 days Yodel have marked this as delivered.

Due to my own mistake and paypal, I had this sent to my old address which is not a problem as the people who moved in are friends, so no probs there.

They have confirmed that a printer was indeed delivered but was taken back as it needed signing for.

On top of that, I have also purchased a SSD which eBuyer has no consignment info on yet but I have already received this from YODEL.

What on earth are these companies doing?

eBuyer yes but only if delivery is made by someone NOT yodel.

And an e-mail on their website? Right. Websites designed like this should not be allowed and business should be forced to advertise direct e-mail addresses.

I have had enough.

Regards,
    Albert

They are a cheap company
    You deal with your supplier,not their chosen carrier.
  • A-me
    A-me Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Think I can possibly top everyone's bad experience with Yodel.

I received a parcel from sports direct last week which they had sent by mistake so I wasn't expecting anything and was not home to receive it. The yodel man tried to deliver on Friday but left a card to say he would be back on Saturday. I waited all day Saturday but no-one came so I presumed the card must have been a mistake since I want expecting anything. However, on Monday I received another card from the man saying "FINAL ATTEMPT TUE ROUND LUNCH". I was already annoyed that I had waited in all day Saturday and he never came but now I had to wait all day Tuesday too. So I waited on Tuesday but again he never came.

I was away on Wednesday but my mother in law was staying when the man came. Firstly he did not knock on the door, my mother in law just happened to notice someone in the garden. When she went to ask if she could help him, he told her he had a packet for 32 but it needed a signature and he hadn't bothered to bring his equipment to get a signature because, and I quote, "they're never f!!!ing in". He then preceded to be incredibly rude to my mother in law then begrudgingly gave her the parcel and said he would have to sort it out himself later implying it was our fault he hadn't brought what he needed.

I have contacted yodel and have told them I will be avoiding them like the plague. Still awaiting a response. It's disgusting that A. he says he will come twice and doesn't bother, then B. comes to my door swearing at us like it's our fault.

Annoyingly sports direct have sent yodel again to collect the parcel they sent by mistake. He's meant to be coming tomorrow but I won't hold my breath.
  • A-me
    A-me Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Emailed Yodel at the customercare@vx.yodel.co.uk email address about the driver in the post above and got this response:

I am genuinely sorry that you have had cause to complain and I can assure you that this matter has been taken seriously.

I was disappointed to read of the difficulties you have experienced with Yodel and I sympathise completely. I have read through your correspondence and would like to apologise for the undoubted inconvenience and frustration which has been caused.

I do apologise for the way in which our driver conducted himself, this is most certainly not acceptable and no customer should ever receive such poor service. Our couriers are expected to remain in a professional and polite manner at all times and I appreciate that this was not the case on this occasion.

The Service Centre Manager has made it very clear that we do not expect to receive such complaints from any of our customers and any which we do receive will be fully investigated and that necessary action will be taken.

The driver will be interviewed when he returns back to the base tonight and our Service Centre Manager will re-iterate the importance of being helpful and professional at all times.

The way our driver behaved was totally unacceptable and you have my assurances that we will closely monitor the driver concerned.

Once again, please accept my apologies for your poor customer experience. Should you have any further questions or comments please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Rachel

Customer Advisor
    Yodel Customer Services

Haven't heard anymore since. Unfortunately the parcel I ordered which was meant to be delivered today was also going to be delivered by Yodel. I waited in all morning with the front door open and then received and email saying "sorry you were out we will try to deliver again tomorrow" but noone has been to my house all day. Have tried to ring them but they are shut so have had to email again.

Worst delivery company ever. :mad:
  • yazzreal
    Options
    Hello to anyone reading this
    I never post in forums, or hardly. And for me to do that I must be super annoyed. And I am!
    I sold something on ebay and booked a collection with Yodel for wednesday. no show
    rebooked collection for Thursday. Driver came around 5pm and said he was too busy the day before. great!
    So its a 24 hour service I booked, and parcel is meant to get to buyer today. Guess what? yes! no show
    Cant speak to a human being either. Soooo annoyed. Theyre automated service keeps saying goodbye to me. aaaarrghh
    I already tweeted them and sent an email to their customer service address. I asked for a refund as this clearly isnt what I paid for.
    So rant over! wait and see for now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport