Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• mageenga
    Options
    gwapenut wrote: »
    Yodel have made it through to the next round of "worst company 2011", if you are dissatisfied please vote here and let's give yodel the fame they deserve for ruining too many christmas present plans!

It's Yodel against Hermes in this round ...

To many idiots that wait till a week before christmas to do their christmas shopping? #forwardplanning
  • Granny_Sue
    Granny_Sue Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm just about to write a complaint to Yodel. I was told that they would collect a parcel from me today so I left the parcel outside my front door while I went to work. It's very safe so I never worry about it. when I got home this evening it was still there, so I looked up the tracking number and it said "item could not be collected, left card through letter box"
    I am livid! A blatant lie by the courier. I rang customer services and they offered to re-schedule the collection and it MIGHT be Monday but they couldn't guarantee it. I was so mad I cancelled and went to the post office with it where it cost me 3 times the price and still no pick up till Monday!!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Granny_Sue wrote: »
    I'm just about to write a complaint to Yodel. I was told that they would collect a parcel from me today so I left the parcel outside my front door while I went to work. It's very safe so I never worry about it. when I got home this evening it was still there, so I looked up the tracking number and it said "item could not be collected, left card through letter box"
    I am livid! A blatant lie by the courier. I rang customer services and they offered to re-schedule the collection and it MIGHT be Monday but they couldn't guarantee it. I was so mad I cancelled and went to the post office with it where it cost me 3 times the price and still no pick up till Monday!!

had you arranged beforehand that they would collect from the step?
    not all will
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options
    Was it through parcel2go.com or a similar site?If so had you printed off the required label as per the t's & c's?I've had to leave items uncollected in the past as the label has a barcode on which is the whole basis of the track and trace system.No barcode, no tracking, your parcel is lost in the system and from Yodel's point of view they won't get paid.
    Another possibility is the driver wasn't 100% it was the correct item to collect.We've had drivers pick up the wrong items before that they thought had been left for collection.I tended ot leave items I wasn't sure about as it just causes the customer more problems in the long run.
  • Granny_Sue
    Granny_Sue Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The driver obviously didn't even turn up as there was no card left. The parcel had correct labels on. It's not the first time they've said they're been and left a card. I've emailed now to the address given in an earlier post so I'll wait and see what happens now.
  • an_ecunemical_matter
    Options
    Just had a fridge freezer delivered by YODEL. Open it up to find a ding in the back (hidden so not a big issue) but all 3 door shelves of the fridge bit cracked/smashed. Yeah it was on time as arranged (I live 50 yards from their Bristol depot but for some reason it came from "Blackpole Hub") but what use is that if I have duff goods !!!

From what I could see everything in the back of the lorry was loose,boxes and mattresses all a scatter and my fridge freezer not tied down at all.......

Rang PRC Appliances in Ilford who were very good,asking me to send pictures of the damage,the chap on the phone didn't seem very pleased with Yodel.

Now just to get Bosch to answer the phone to get me me new shelves,queue system times out after 7 minutes and tells you to leave a message for a callback................ :mad:Thank god for saynoto0870.com.
  • Peater
    Peater Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    My tale has finally come to a close, 2 weeks later.

So, 2nd unit arrived smashed. Gave the vendor some stick and they told me they would have one sent out direct by Bosch for last Thursday and for Yodel to collect the smashed one on the same day.

The new logistics firm phoned me ON Thursday to arrange delivery for the following week!! Cancelled the order, went to Currys and physically bought one. (Not the one i wanted, but close enough).

Yodel finaly turned up today and IT'S GONE!

Life can continue.
  • kittycatty
    kittycatty Posts: 3,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Adding my rant to this ever growing thread

Waiting for a parcel, nothing came so contacted the company who sent it to be told the Yodel attempted on the 28th and left a crd.
    I calls Yodel and got an earful from some stroppy moo asking why I have waited till now to arrange re-delivery, Ummm I didn't know till today that you had tried to deliver as NO CARD.
    Well it turns out the driver didn't attempt the delivery (not in the area) so no card left.

And the best bit, it's gone missing... really so my nice new shiny XBOX 360 package walked out of the depot. I knew something was wrong when a guy called back to ask what the item was, as they are supposed to scan item on a daily basis and this item was last scanned on the 28th. Ummm

Worst company ever.
    Think it's about time the comping fairy remembered where I am! lol

• Hannah132
    Hannah132 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Yodel .... their individual drivers are quite nice (see story below) but the company as a whole ... flipping heck.

Ordered a new phone from o2 and for some reason the delivery address was my old uni one, not my current and DEFAULT address. Rang o2 and they told me to call Yodel to try and stop the deliver in Newcastle, I live in Oxfordshire. They said no, had to register a failed delivery before changing the address, why on earth they couldn't just keep it in the depot or fake a failed delivery I don't know.
    But they tried to deliver, and kindly enough the delivery driver rang me and explained that I no longer lived at that address. Told him the story and he said to ring and they'd chang the address.
    Rang and changed the address, and went to track the parcel. Which was now on the Isle of Wight.
    So this phone has gone from the o2 depot in Leeds, to Newcastle, to the Isle of Wight.
    Rang Yodel to see what was going on and it had been misrouted, My dad had stayed in all day waiting for parcel they had sent to the Isle of Wight.
    So rang Yodel to arrange a delivery time (dad doesn't work in the afternoon) said they would deliver in the afternoon.
    Dad came back from work on day of delivery and there was a card from Yodel said they tried to deliver this morning.
    Dad rang Yodel who said they never promise afternoon deliveries so dad was not impressed.
    Eventually a week and a half later, my next day delivery phone arrived.

To add insult to injury, the phone was broken so had to get sent back.
    :beer:
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options
    Hannah-the probable reason they wouldn't just change the delivery address is because it didn't come direct from o2, so if it turned out to be fraud then they would have to pay for it.This is a common type of fraud and I've heard our offices staff on the phone to the fraudsters before who have the barefaced cheek to ring up demanding "their" parcels be delivered.If they attempt the delivery to the incorrect address then they have a track and trace history they can present to o2.I'm not saying they thought you were dodgy, just that they were playing it by the book.

I don't know why your parcel then got shipped from pillar to post, but someone obviously told you something they shouldn't have done regarding the time of delivery.The drivers are under no obligation to make an unscheduled timed delivery as it can be massively out of their way and they won't be paid for the time lost doing it and just be expected to carry on until they have finished.The routes have gotten so big that most drivers won't have time to go back and forth across their routes now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure