Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• Delivery_Driver
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    That may be so, but my problems were nothing to do with the boxes - just failure to deliver.

To be fair to Book People, if you ask them they will note your account so that Yodel aren't used for future deliveries.

I wasn't referring to your post, but this one by KxMx:

"That's the second time i've moaned on MSE only to have the doorbell ring! Glad it's here, box is partially open so Mum will have to make sure all is there and it was sent on a 48 hour service :rotfl:

Of course, if some books are missing I am :mad: at the thought of replacements being sent out! "
  • Delivered my neighbours parcel to my padlocked shed.....

On Wednesday, I had a card through my door from Yodel with no delivery name or address stating that it had been put in my shed. My shed is padlocked and I was not expecting a delivery. I went to have a look through the shed window and could not see anything and assumed a misplaced card.
    Got another card Friday, exactly the same, no delivery name or house number and stating that it had been put in my padlocked shed. Because it was dark I waited until Saturday morning and went to the shed and unlocked it. I found 2 parcels there and one was for my neighbour!
    Gave my neighbour their parcel which they had paid £6 for next day delivery and had been chasing River Island trying to find out where it was. They did not get a card from Yodel to say that it had been delivered to me.
    I contacted Yodel's Customer Services, two of my calls got "cleared by the other party", to find out how the delivery driver had got into my shed. I am now waiting on the depot manager to call me back after interviewing the driver - I am not going to hold my breath.
  • anna1963
    Options
    I've never come across a more complicated and useless company as Yodel. A card was put through my door last Wednesday when I was out. I put their printed ref number into the website and rearranged for Friday. No one came. On Saturday I called the number on the card and was told they had no record of this ref number. I put it into the website again - which seemed to accept it - and rearranged for Monday. Nothing came. Went on to saynoto0870 and found a number for my local branch. They could find no record of it either but the woman was at least trying her best. She left a note for the driver, searched all the cages, and called me back after she had spoken to the driver. Said no delivery was ever made and suggested I contact the people who had sent parcels to me - several! She did say there was another Yodel locally but that they used hand written numbers not printed ones.
    I contacted one of the senders and got a tracking number for one of the parcels, put it in on the website, and bingo, .....up came a list of attempted deliveries and left cards. I work from home and was there for every one of them apart from the first one... and no other cards have ever been delivered either. No land line number exists for this depot so I had to go though the main call centre. I was unexpectedly cut off twice but finally the helpful if somewhat beleaguered young man told me that they had even tried to deliver today! He also tried inputting the number printed on my card in case it was a different parcel, but drew a blank. He gave me the address where I can collect the parcel myself from tomorrow, which I plan to do although it is 17 miles away because I do want to chew someone's ear off. What is the point of leaving a card if the reference number doesn't work? If you don't have a tracking number you are stuck. They don't try to redeliver, no matter what they might say on their website. I will be contacting the company that sent the parcel so they also know what a shoddy service Yodel is.

Yodel has taken over some smaller delivery companies, and they are clearly not all singing off the same songsheet! The telephone numbers given out do not cover all these companies, even though they are all Yodel, and they can't even look at each others' reference numbers online.

But if you need some numbers 0800 157 7777 is at least free and might get you to where you need to be. It didn't work for me, 08719770810 was the number I had to call - gave up waiting once, got cut off twice, so I called 0151 290 8500 head office and got them to transfer me instead.
  • Peater
    Peater Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    Having my own Yodel experience as i type.....

Was meant to get a package yesterday. By 4pm i started to get a bit anxious as it hadn't shown up, checked the tracking etc and i noticed it said 'Delivery between 7am-9pm'. Bearing in mind that i am having it delivered to a business address, i would have thought they would get it delivered in office hours...

Anyway, they tried to deliver it at 18:30 according to the tracker. 'Consignee not reached'. Well of course they weren't, they were all at home having thier dinner by then!!

I rang this morning to explain and arrange re-delivery and this is where they tripped themselves up. While i was on hold, the autobot said 'We deliver to business addresses before 5:30pm and residential addressess before 9pm'. The nice lady got my package re-assigned for a Monday delivery and she said 'That'll be with you between 7am and 9pm Mr.Peater'. I informed her of what the autobot said and she fobbed me off saying 'It's booked as home delivery'. I challenged asking why would the address 'So & So LTD, Unit 9, So & So Business Park' would be considered residential. She said the best she could do was put a note on the consignment asking for it to be delivered before 5:30, but that was entirely at the driver's discretion.... WHAT??

Besides, if i had it delivered to home and had taken the day off, i think i would still have justification to get peeved. Just imagine being imprisioned at home all day waiting for the door only for it to arrive when you would have been at home anyway! Gaaggh!

I look forward to Monday, making sure i am in by 7am and not leaving until it gets here. It could be a loooong day. Who said internet shopping was convienient?

I used the 0800 number above and it worked, had to hang on until the computer got bored of me so i could speak to a human though...
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Peater wrote: »
    Having my own Yodel experience as i type.....

Was meant to get a package yesterday. By 4pm i started to get a bit anxious as it hadn't shown up, checked the tracking etc and i noticed it said 'Delivery between 7am-9pm'. Bearing in mind that i am having it delivered to a business address, i would have thought they would get it delivered in office hours...

Anyway, they tried to deliver it at 18:30 according to the tracker. 'Consignee not reached'. Well of course they weren't, they were all at home having thier dinner by then!!

I rang this morning to explain and arrange re-delivery and this is where they tripped themselves up. While i was on hold, the autobot said 'We deliver to business addresses before 5:30pm and residential addressess before 9pm'. The nice lady got my package re-assigned for a Monday delivery and she said 'That'll be with you between 7am and 9pm Mr.Peater'. I informed her of what the autobot said and she fobbed me off saying 'It's booked as home delivery'. I challenged asking why would the address 'So & So LTD, Unit 9, So & So Business Park' would be considered residential. She said the best she could do was put a note on the consignment asking for it to be delivered before 5:30, but that was entirely at the driver's discretion.... WHAT??

Besides, if i had it delivered to home and had taken the day off, i think i would still have justification to get peeved. Just imagine being imprisioned at home all day waiting for the door only for it to arrive when you would have been at home anyway! Gaaggh!

I look forward to Monday, making sure i am in by 7am and not leaving until it gets here. It could be a loooong day. Who said internet shopping was convienient?

I used the 0800 number above and it worked, had to hang on until the computer got bored of me so i could speak to a human though...

I think you are confusing things
    I assume a "business delivery" is where the sender has selected such a product
    a home delivery will be different
    its a cheap product
    would you have a driver pass deliery points to get to one point,then drive back to then deliver to the ones they passed?
    the whole point of multidrop is to create an efficient route (more so with the tight margins of cheaper carriers)
    if you want time sensitive delivery,then you need to use a company who uses a carrier that fits in with that
  • Peater
    Options
    Yes, i understand the principals behind courier logistics.

It was the retailer who sent it via Yodel. I have no control over that.

The base of my gripe is that i had it sent to work for convienience - There would normally be somebody there to sign for it. But seemingly because of Yodel's operating hours and because my workplace is within 15 miles of the depot, the driver won't get to me until gone 6 by which time no-one is here! (Small company). This is not in any way convienient.
  • custardy
    Options
    Yes, i understand the principals behind courier logistics.

It was the retailer who sent it via Yodel. I have no control over that.

The base of my gripe is that i had it sent to work for convienience - There would normally be somebody there to sign for it. But seemingly because of Yodel's operating hours and because my workplace is within 15 miles of the depot, the driver won't get to me until gone 6 by which time no-one is here! (Small company). This is not in any way convienient.

then vote with your feet
    do you think the retailer chose Yodel on its convenience to you,or price?
  • Evilm
    Evilm Posts: 1,950 Forumite
    Options
    I do half agree with Custardy that a "business delivery" and a "personal delivery done to someones work address" is slightly different.

That doesn't mean I think Yodel are great - I don't, especially around Christmas where they seem to accept too much work and do possibly stupid things to "keep up".

Personally I'm trying not to use companies that use Yodel (which means no Amazon from November-January... fun!) if I possibly can but you don't always know until its too late.

Hope you get your parcel.
  • Peater
    Options
    Well, it's on the van again today so i will hang around a bit tonight.

So, thats 2 days in a row that my snazzy new induction hob has been rattling around in the back of an (by this time of day) empty van. I shall be examining it thoroughly.
  • custardy
    Options
    Well, it's on the van again today so i will hang around a bit tonight.

So, thats 2 days in a row that my snazzy new induction hob has been rattling around in the back of an (by this time of day) empty van. I shall be examining it thoroughly.

empty?
    unlikely
    no answers and collections could see it as full as it was when it left
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills