Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• Peater
    Peater Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    The game continues....

So, having waited at work due to Yodel's late delivery times, i checked the tracker and find the message: '18:04 - Possible delay due to parcel damage'.

I have been at work since 07:15 this morning........ Not impressed.
  • Peater
    Options
    and now 'Unable to locate - NULL'.

Spoke to a guy at customer services, says that i will have to inspect parcel for damage on monday (if it ever shows up....) and take it up with Amazon's returns department. All well and good apart from that my kitchen is being fitted next Wednesday......
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Peater wrote: »

Spoke to a guy at customer services, says that i will have to inspect parcel for damage on monday (if it ever shows up....) and take it up with Amazon's returns department. All well and good apart from that my kitchen is being fitted next Wednesday......

contact Amazon now
    explain the issue and see if they will send another out
    point out you have never had possesion of the item
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options
    Yes, i understand the principals behind courier logistics.

It was the retailer who sent it via Yodel. I have no control over that.

The base of my gripe is that i had it sent to work for convienience - There would normally be somebody there to sign for it. But seemingly because of Yodel's operating hours and because my workplace is within 15 miles of the depot, the driver won't get to me until gone 6 by which time no-one is here! (Small company). This is not in any way convienient.

How much extra did you get charged for a timed delivery?
  • Delivery_Driver
    Options

Damaged goods is something people shouldn't have to put up with.Companies sending these items really should take more care when packaging items, to the point where a grand piano would have to drop on it to damage it.They would be fine if a driver was just delivering 1 parcel all day and could wrap it in a feather duvet but the reality is very different.
    The way some companies send items is a joke, Amazon aren't the worst for it but certainly not the best eg books are sent inside a cardboard "envelope" with the ends just tucked inside-not taped securely and everything slides out, electrical items rattling about inside a box that's too big for it etc.
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmmm seems I'm waiting for a parcel to be delivered via Yodel but from their useless home delivery side, not the rebranded HDNL service which, as I've stated on previous occasions, is usually an excellent service!!

According to the tracking it was with the courier for delivery TWO DAYS AGO!!!

Oh, hang on a minute....

And, as if by magic, the parcel has just arrived!! Only the driver tried to give me someone else's parcel but thankfully I realised from the Amazon box that it wasn't mine as I hadn't ordered from Amazon. Took him a good 5 mins to search through his battered up old van to find the right package for me *rollseyes*

When I asked why it had taken him over 48hrs to deliver to me he said he had over 100 packages a day so couldn't possibly deliver them all on time, but he was trying his best. [sarcasm] Bless him [/sarcasm] Don't take on more work than you can manage then!!
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • custardy
    Options
    Hmmm seems I'm waiting for a parcel to be delivered via Yodel but from their useless home delivery side, not the rebranded HDNL service which, as I've stated on previous occasions, is usually an excellent service!!

According to the tracking it was with the courier for delivery TWO DAYS AGO!!!

Oh, hang on a minute....

And, as if by magic, the parcel has just arrived!! Only the driver tried to give me someone else's parcel but thankfully I realised from the Amazon box that it wasn't mine as I hadn't ordered from Amazon. Took him a good 5 mins to search through his battered up old van to find the right package for me *rollseyes*

When I asked why it had taken him over 48hrs to deliver to me he said he had over 100 packages a day so couldn't possibly deliver them all on time, but he was trying his best. [sarcasm] Bless him [/sarcasm] Don't take on more work than you can manage then!!

lol,who do you think dictates whats managable?
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    lol,who do you think dictates whats managable?

I know, I did feel kinda sorry for him standing there looking so forlorn. Wasn't the brightest spark and is no doubt very much taken advantage of.
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Peater
    Options
    Well, hopefully my chapter will close today.

Spoke with the vendor on Friday who got in touch with Yodel. Got them to open up the box and found that the unit was completely totalled...

A shiny new one on it's way to me today BEFORE 5:30pm apparently. Let's hope they get it right this time...

Custardy, i take it you are from/have worked in the industry? Who's insurance is liable in these cases? Must happen fairly regularly with fragile goods.....
  • custardy
    Options
    Well, hopefully my chapter will close today.

Spoke with the vendor on Friday who got in touch with Yodel. Got them to open up the box and found that the unit was completely totalled...

A shiny new one on it's way to me today BEFORE 5:30pm apparently. Let's hope they get it right this time...

Custardy, i take it you are from/have worked in the industry? Who's insurance is liable in these cases? Must happen fairly regularly with fragile goods.....

very much depends on the service chosen
    some items arent covered or part covered
    sometimes sellers key in losses for damage in their costings
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills