Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Options

Comments

• Peater
    Peater Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    Great news! I got my hob!

Bad news - It's in about 45 small pieces...... Yep, that's right, Yodel have smashed 2 in a week!

The eastern-european driver sheepishly, yet delicately placed it on the ground, took my signature and tore off into the sunset like a bat out of hell. I picked it up and my heart sank when i heard it 'jangle'.

Got onto the vendor immediatley, they tried to fob me off saying that Yodel was thier only option and that the alternative was to get a refund. I finally got to speak to someone with a moducum of authority and suggested that he might like to get creative in thinking of a way to get my order to me in 1 piece, now over a week late.

I reminded him of his contractual obligations as the vendor and hey presto, the manufacturer is sending me one direct for Thursday.

Lets see how that one goes....... Beyond a joke.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    how is/was it packaged?
  • Peater
    Peater Posts: 521 Forumite
    Options
    Cardboard outer, polystyrene inner. 'Handle with care', 'This way up' & 'Fragile' in big writing all over it.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Peater wrote: »
    Cardboard outer, polystyrene inner. 'Handle with care', 'This way up' & 'Fragile' in big writing all over it.

writing means nothing
    packaging matters,do you think it could withstand 3 or 4 30kg packages sitting on it?
    if not then its really down to the retailer
    they can't expect premium handling on cheap services
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've just had my first experience of Yodel and I'm not impressed.

Ordered a very expensive book from Amazon which was 'delivered' by Yodel on Friday. They decided to leave it under the 'little bin' in the garden, by which I assume they mean the food recycling bin. Obviously the parcel is there no longer, but not only that the other 2 recycling bins in my garden have been emptied onto the floor and moved around.

So not only did I not have my book, I also have to seperate and place all my recycling into the correct containers again.

Amazon seem totally not interested and indicated that Yodel are allowed to leave parcels in a 'safe place'. I'm not sure why Amazon sent such an expensive order out without it being a signed for delivery in the first place.

I had many deliveries from HDN, and while not great, I did actually get my packages delivered eventually.
  • mageenga
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    Surely they shouldn't allow you to change the address anyway, since you not the customer and could be anybody?

Well said that man!
  • mageenga
    Options
    To the OP, the fault lies with the company who arranged to use Yodel as they offered a service that Yodel do not provide.No company phones are provided, drivers do not have to call customers and do not have to return back to deliveries previously attempted(on that day) as they would be constantly going back and forth.

Espexie-someone would have to find your parcel from thousands of others and on saturdays there are reduced numbers of depot staff in, meaning they don't really have time to do things like this.You will be one of many people wanting their missed deliveries.If they were closed tofor collections it looks like they have cut back staff even further than most depots.
    If they wouldn't redeliver on a saturday then its probably because that client doesn't pay for a saturday delivery service and the suppliers that do would get priority in having their parcels delivered/redelivered 1st.

I'd suggest to others if you wanted to collect on a saturday then try calling on the friday(assuming your local depot does open for collections) and they will have more time to look for it that way and can put it to one side.

Well said again. Why is that people never seem to think that anyone else can be to blame apart from the courier company?

People do not seem to have any idea how high pressured a couriers job is. Do you really think they have time to phone every single customer (over 100 per day in many cases) to arrange a suitable time to deliver to them. Not a chance. They barely have time to stop to use the toilet!

Pushed into trying to reach targets which they have very little chance of hitting. Many would say that is the companies fault and they should give the drivers less to do?

This is not always an option. Massive companies such as amazon are pushing the price per parcel down so far that courier companies are finding it almost impossible to survive.

DHL domestic was losing money for years, this is why DHL sold that part of the business to HDNL. TNT are about to be sold aswell!

Customers moan and say "I didn't say they could leave my parcel with anyone else!" Maybe you didn't, but the courier companies customer, i.e. the sender, told them that was exactly what they had to do with the parcel, as that was the service they agreed to at a rate that allowed them to offer "free delivery" to you.

Of course there are cases where the problems people have are simply down to negligence from certain individuals. This is something that all companies wish to stamp out. Take it from me, as a small business owner, these people are much harder to get rid of than you would think! even though they are terrible at their job!

I have also noticed that a lot of people seem to blame things on "self employed drivers". These are the drivers who are most likely going to manage to get your goods delivered. If they don't complete the delivery they won't be pais a single penny for it even though they have spent the time and money trying to!

When I'm expecting a delivery I leave a note for the courier either telling him where to leave the parcel or which neighbour to deliver the parcel to if i'm not in.

Simples
  • mageenga
    Options
    tamachan wrote: »
    i've just had my first experience of yodel and i'm not impressed.

Ordered a very expensive book from amazon which was 'delivered' by yodel on friday. They decided to leave it under the 'little bin' in the garden, by which i assume they mean the food recycling bin. Obviously the parcel is there no longer, but not only that the other 2 recycling bins in my garden have been emptied onto the floor and moved around.

So not only did i not have my book, i also have to seperate and place all my recycling into the correct containers again.

Amazon seem totally not interested and indicated that yodel are allowed to leave parcels in a 'safe place'. I'm not sure why amazon sent such an expensive order out without it being a signed for delivery in the first place.

I had many deliveries from hdn, and while not great, i did actually get my packages delivered eventually.

exactly, amazon pay pennies for their goods to be delivered on the 'safe place' service. Driver did his/her job.
  • mageenga
    Options
    I know, I did feel kinda sorry for him standing there looking so forlorn. Wasn't the brightest spark and is no doubt very much taken advantage of.

Poor fella probably gets paid about 50p per parcel and spends £20 per day on fuel #justtryingtomakeendsmeet
  • mageenga
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    I would say the resident has a cheek
    1 hour delivery slot and they still go out

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income