Options

Comments

• diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 10 October 2011 at 12:42PM
    Options
    fergal1982 wrote: »
    I have tried this but no matter how hard i try i cannot get the switchboard operator to put me through to the legal team and transfers me to cs all the time.

I have 2 lines with Vodafone, one of which is always over on the data by 500mb without fail, and the second line will be affected only just but if its over 10% its over yeah and im within my rights.

I sent another email off to the guy fella yesterday and got a text today stating that it will be Tuesday before the billing dept get back to them with the info needed, i find this ridiculous that i takes Vodafone days if not weeks to recalculate a bill that takes 2 mins, they are simply hanging on until the very last minute of deadline to get every penny out of us.

I have covered all bases with email's and recorded delivery letters to the CEO and customer services giving my notice of termination and my workings out.

Guess all i can do now is wait around alike everyone else who is affected and wait to see what rubbish Vodafone come out with tomorrow.

Record the call where you are refused and put through to customer services, legally Vodafone dont have a leg to stand on as long as you have a transcript of the recorded call to V switchboard where V deny your right to discuss the notice served with the legal dept -"BLOCKING" is very much a way in which any judge will look with disgust at the case against Vodafone for it thinking its above legislation - after you have served notice V have no legal grounds to not connect your call to the Legal Dept to discuss the notice you have served on them.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • moty1984
    moty1984 Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Warrick wrote: »
    I can't post the link to Vodafone's T&Cs, but go and have a look at them today. Note the clause in 11b which starts "We increase your charges in the UK..."

Notice a subtle difference between this sentence and what it used to say (see the quoted T&Cs on page 2 of this thread).

Surely they can't just make changes to their T&Cs like that? Does anyone have a screen shot of the old ones?

Whats the difference? I didnt know you have to pay for the phone you get.
  • faitaru
    Options
    Warrick wrote: »
    I can't post the link to Vodafone's T&Cs, but go and have a look at them today. Note the clause in 11b which starts "We increase your charges in the UK..."

Notice a subtle difference between this sentence and what it used to say (see the quoted T&Cs on page 2 of this thread).

Surely they can't just make changes to their T&Cs like that? Does anyone have a screen shot of the old ones?

I noticed this too.

For those who haven't looked, they have amended 11b which now states:

"we increase your charges in the UK which has the effect of increasing your total charges (based on your usage in any of the previous three months) by more than 10% and you write to us before the increase applies; or"

They have changed this recently, within the last week or so I believe. If they try to use this change to their advantage, simply point out to them that you are using the terms that were laid out when YOU signed up to your contract. All the wording in my letter to VF referred to it as "my PMAA" rather than "the PMAA".

On to other matters, I would like to report a success story.

I posted my letter to VF on Saturday morning, and sent an email to Guy Laurence on his personal email. Today at 4pm I received an email to say that I am entitled to cancel the agreement, along with my PAC code. I used the template that buscape posted earlier in the thread (thank you so much) with a few amendments.

Waiting for my new SIM to arrive tomorrow, then I'm free from VF. I'm going to be switching to rolling 1 month contracts and I will just buy a phone in future. No more 24 month shackles for me.
  • faitaru
    Options
    buscape wrote: »
    Send the email to guy.laurence@vodafone.com. Calculate your bill without VAT and without the insurance.

Thanks. In the end I sent in calculations both with and without the insurance cost. Both ended up over the 10% anyway, so it was not an issue.
  • simon_says_3
    Options
    Has anyone who emailed the CEO team hear anything yet? I sent my email approx 2 weeks ago and received a phone call telling me I would be contacted with a decision by 11 October (before the changes would be taken into effect). Still nothing, and it's not fair becuase I'm paying nearly £40 p/m on a £25 anyway which will increase my bills in excess of £40.

Will not be using voda in the future that's for sure.
  • moty1984
    moty1984 Posts: 126 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2011 at 9:13PM
    Options
    simon_says wrote: »
    Has anyone who emailed the CEO team hear anything yet? I sent my email approx 2 weeks ago and received a phone call telling me I would be contacted with a decision by 11 October (before the changes would be taken into effect). Still nothing, and it's not fair becuase I'm paying nearly £40 p/m on a £25 anyway which will increase my bills in excess of £40.

Will not be using voda in the future that's for sure.

Said the same to me ill be sending a email in the morning. Cant belive theyve just changed thier t&c like that. Thats really sly. They could just pick the month in which yoi hadnt gone over. Ive gone over in my past 3 months.
  • lyndseyplastic
    Options
    they said to me, they would ring me latest tomorrow with a decision.

if i dont hear anything tomorrow

i shall be emailling again and when i recieve my phone call from 'dan'
    i shall not be leaveing the phone till i get an answer.

its ridiculous.

If they say I cant cancel I will be making a serious complaint and taking them to court.

Ive already seeked legal advice.

So they better sort it.

grrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • fox2319
    fox2319 Posts: 978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The thing that annoys me is the 'justification' that it's a change of less than 10%. By that logic, they could increase the price of our contract by 9% every month of the contract. Each one isn't that much but by the end of a year, it's hurting. (and most contracts these days are 2 years)

Doesn't that make it an unfair contract term?
    Space for rent, apply within - Free trial on Thanks button though
  • buscape
    buscape Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 October 2011 at 10:37PM
    Options
    @faitaru - glad to hear it. Out of interest, which network are you going with? Just seen the new terms and conditions, very sneaky.

@simonsays, moty1984 & lindseyplastic - Did you send them a letter telling them you want to cancel the contract under clause 11b? If not expect them to tell you can't cancel because you haven't written to them before the new charges apply.
  • lyndseyplastic
    Options
    buscape wrote: »
    @faitaru - glad to hear it. Out of interest, which network are you going with? Just seen the new terms and conditions, very sneaky.

@simonsays, moty1984 & lindseyplastic - Did you send them a letter telling them you want to cancel the contract under clause 11b? If not expect them to tell you can't cancel because you haven't written to them before the new charges apply.

Sent them an email, and when fan from CEO office called he said an email is fine and I've got a recording of that phone call and also numerous emails stating an email is fine so if they wanna play silly !!!!ers with me I will see them in court. Simple as that really. Lol

I've already seeked legal advice and they've advised me that I will be able to cancel due to the significant disadvantage they have caused as my bill will double and they already get 80 quid a both out of me. So they don't wanna try any !!!! because well I'm not a pig over and no my rights lol

I sound like such a !!!!ing cow, but I've had enough to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure