Vodafone to Change Prices from 11 Oct 2011

Options

Comments

• lhwjud
    lhwjud Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Wrote to online web relation team and got the following reply - apparently they are simply trying to fob off the request by misleading info:

Thank you for writing to the Vodafone Customer Services.

I would like to inform you that if you find the bill has has been increased 10 % or more after the price plan change please write us we will investigate and if you wish to terminate the contract at that time we will be able to waive the ETF charges.

If you wish to get the PAC now before the new price plan applied, the standard cancellation procedure will be applicable.

You are currently within your contract period with Vodafone. If you wish to terminate the services before the contract end date then an early termination fee (ETF) will be applicable on the account.

Please check the below mentioned information regarding the contract end date and ETF charges.

This amount is just the line rental till the contract end date and is calculated on a pro rata basis. This amount will be added to your final bill.To retain this number with the other service provider you will need a PAC (Porting authorization code) from us. I have processed your request for a PAC.

Once your number is ported out, and your number gets active with the other service provider, your account with us will automatically get cancelled. Post the cancellation of your account a final bill will be generated as per the usual billing cycle date. This bill will include ETF, line rental (pro-rated basis) and usage charges (if applicable) till date of cancellation.

For more details about porting out, please click here.

If you wish to avoid paying the ETF please do not use the PAC and your account will remain active with us.

I trust the information given above answers your query.
  • lyndseyplastic
    Options
    I would quote section 11b to them.

Which states

'inform us before the price increases'

Then they can't say anything because it's in there own t&cs

They tried it with me and when I said that they were like
    'oh yes sorry'

Idiots they are!

lhwjud wrote: »
    Wrote to online web relation team and got the following reply - apparently they are simply trying to fob off the request by misleading info:

Thank you for writing to the Vodafone Customer Services.

I would like to inform you that if you find the bill has has been increased 10 % or more after the price plan change please write us we will investigate and if you wish to terminate the contract at that time we will be able to waive the ETF charges.

If you wish to get the PAC now before the new price plan applied, the standard cancellation procedure will be applicable.

You are currently within your contract period with Vodafone. If you wish to terminate the services before the contract end date then an early termination fee (ETF) will be applicable on the account.

Please check the below mentioned information regarding the contract end date and ETF charges.

This amount is just the line rental till the contract end date and is calculated on a pro rata basis. This amount will be added to your final bill.To retain this number with the other service provider you will need a PAC (Porting authorization code) from us. I have processed your request for a PAC.

Once your number is ported out, and your number gets active with the other service provider, your account with us will automatically get cancelled. Post the cancellation of your account a final bill will be generated as per the usual billing cycle date. This bill will include ETF, line rental (pro-rated basis) and usage charges (if applicable) till date of cancellation.

For more details about porting out, please click here.

If you wish to avoid paying the ETF please do not use the PAC and your account will remain active with us.

I trust the information given above answers your query.
  • lanavdt
    lanavdt Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    I first went in store to be told the price increase wouldn't affect me as it was for new customers only. I then emailled the web relations team who told me to send a letter to the proper address so I sent one away. I've now emailled the ceo so i'm really hoping someone gets back to me soon as i'm worried the 11th will pass without a response.
  • moty1984
    moty1984 Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    Im thinking they may turn round and say " you aint sent a letter stating it will affect you as it states in the t&c to send a letter so you cant cancel" I have only sent a email to ceo amd normal cs. Its doing my head in how long there taking to inform us.
  • lanavdt
    lanavdt Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    That's exactly what I think they'll try to pull :-(
  • bankersmug
    Options
    I'm a bit confused. I work a lot overseas (several months at a time across Europe) and one of the reasons I joined Vodafone in January 2011 was the Data Traveller Service you get on tariffs over £40. This gives you 25mb data daily in Europe and also 10 texts. My tariff is £46 a month 900 mins. Now I read that this only applies to tariffs of 1200 mins or over. What I can't seem to extrapolate from Vodafone is whether this applies only to new customers, or whether it includes existing customers. If the latter is the case, would this constitute a breach of contract?
  • buscape
    buscape Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have a look at post #139, don't waste time talking to customer services, they know nothing. If you send a letter to them, make sure it's send recorded delivery to reduce the chances of it being 'lost'.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 10 October 2011 at 1:59AM
    Options
    buscape wrote: »
    Have a look at post #139, don't waste time talking to customer services, they know nothing. If you send a letter to them, make sure it's send recorded delivery to reduce the chances of it being 'lost'.
    Correct.

Notice of termination due to change of charging under the terms & conditions (name the sections) of you and Vodafone in writing to REGISTERED OFFICE (in a court of law ONLY legal challenges, notices and/or disputes will 100% be accepted when sent to a REGISTERED OFFICE where LEGAL notices MUST be served)

Vodafone House
    The Connection
    Newbury
    Berkshire
    RG14 2FN

Send via Royal Mail NEXT DAY 1PM Delivery.

Check Royal Mail website for delivery CONFIRMED. Take screenshots of confirmed delivery.

Wait 24 hours, record call to Vodafone Head Office switchboard 01635 33251, explain you have sent a legal notice and need to connect to Vodafone Legal Department on the matter (if switchboard ask if you are a customer decline the question and reaffirm it is in connection with a legal notice served) or high level complaints about the legal notice served (not a third party Vodafone employee who has no LEGAL authority to discuss the notice served on Vodafone by yourself without you and Vodafone's agreement).

LEGAL/COMPLAINTS:-

Explain notice has been served on termination of your account/agreement and Port Authority Code is required text to your Vodafone number within 2 hours on your Vodafone number as per telecom regulator Ofcom (see link below) and the recording of this request has been done on calling Vodafone today and refusal or delay past the two hour time limit of the PAC WILL result in a complaint to Ofcom against Vodafone for non-compliance with Ofcom and subsequently its Ofcom issued telecom licence.

Voila ! - VOiDAFONE ;)

Ofcom PAC REGULATION: http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/phonoswitch2

I have dealt Orange and 3 - the same action with 100% success, because you are following the correct legal avenue.

Whenever in all the last few years will the networks learn ?
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • fergal1982_2
    Options
    I have tried this but no matter how hard i try i cannot get the switchboard operator to put me through to the legal team and transfers me to cs all the time.

I have 2 lines with Vodafone, one of which is always over on the data by 500mb without fail, and the second line will be affected only just but if its over 10% its over yeah and im within my rights.

I sent another email off to the guy fella yesterday and got a text today stating that it will be Tuesday before the billing dept get back to them with the info needed, i find this ridiculous that i takes Vodafone days if not weeks to recalculate a bill that takes 2 mins, they are simply hanging on until the very last minute of deadline to get every penny out of us.

I have covered all bases with email's and recorded delivery letters to the CEO and customer services giving my notice of termination and my workings out.

Guess all i can do now is wait around alike everyone else who is affected and wait to see what rubbish Vodafone come out with tomorrow.
  • Warrick
    Warrick Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    I can't post the link to Vodafone's T&Cs, but go and have a look at them today. Note the clause in 11b which starts "We increase your charges in the UK..."

Notice a subtle difference between this sentence and what it used to say (see the quoted T&Cs on page 2 of this thread).

Surely they can't just make changes to their T&Cs like that? Does anyone have a screen shot of the old ones?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure