Vodafone to Change Prices from 11 Oct 2011

Options

Comments

• simon_says_3
    Options
    buscape wrote: »
    @faitaru - glad to hear it. Out of interest, which network are you going with? Just seen the new terms and conditions, very sneaky.

@simonsays, moty1984 & lindseyplastic - Did you send them a letter telling them you want to cancel the contract under clause 11b? If not expect them to tell you can't cancel because you haven't written to them before the new charges apply.

I didn't send in a letter. I was going to shortly after sending the email, but I received the phonecall the day later telling me they will come up with a decision, which tells me I don't need to go any further really. Like above post states, if they want to play children let it be.

Handled really poorly by Vodafone. I hear it has one of the best CS. Shocking.
  • buscape
    buscape Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @lindseyplastic & simon_says - It's probably going to be difficult to get out of your contract now, Vodafone won't let you out if they think they don't have to and given you haven't followed their cancellation instructions to the letter I would be shocked if they didn't use this as an excuse and cancelled the contract.
  • lyndseyplastic
    Options
    buscape wrote: »
    @lindseyplastic & simon_says - It's probably going to be difficult to get out of your contract now, Vodafone won't let you out if they think they don't have to and given you haven't followed their cancellation instructions to the letter I would be shocked if they didn't use this as an excuse and cancelled the contract.

It does say put it in writing.
    So that's exactly what I've done, email is still a written request in my eyes and as I've got a recording of my conversation with dan for CEO office confirming an email is fine, if they wanna play games I'm more than ready to play.

You can actually cancel your contract via the chat on vodafone website, I canceled my mobile broadband that way previously. They either need to say it is by letter only to try and get out of that one. They just say in writing so they need to specifie by letter, so I can play games to if they want me too!
  • Warrick
    Warrick Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    The way I see it, the T&C change has to mean that you (the customer) can use any of your previous bills from the last three months to work this out? If it doesn't, and it means VF can pick and choose, then this would be a significant disadvantage to the customer and they have to give notice of any change to their terms which disadvantage customers - right?

I was told I'd be contacted before the 11th, and surprise surprise, heard nothing. I've called head office to ask to speak to Dan, to be told he's "unavailable" and that there is "no-one else who can deal with your complaint as this is Dan's case". If they don't call me today then I guess it's an ombudsman complaint.

Thing is, if they'd just cancelled my contract in the first place I would have stayed with them on a sim only deal, as their roaming charges are the best out there. After all this nonsense, however, I'm going to have to look elsewhere.
  • yamaym
    Options
    does anyone have a link to the old T&C because I'm sure it states that they have to give 30 days notice of price increases but, they text me on the 15th September about this which is less than 30
  • fergal1982_2
    Options
    Just letting you all know, ive just had a call off Dan Steele to tell me they have calculated my first number and that i am in fact able to cancel and request my PAC code, needless to say is what i have done.

Not really sure how they are doing there sums as myself and other people have all worked out that i am at least 20% over every month and Dan stated that i was only 14% but could not tell me how they came to this conclusion.

End result is i am half happy, just got to wait and see what they say about my second number later today.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You are entiltled to know how Vodafone work it out people.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • fox2319
    fox2319 Posts: 978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Now approaching 5pm and still no call from Dan. Out of curiosity, have many people heard back from him / them or are most of us still waiting?
    Space for rent, apply within - Free trial on Thanks button though
  • yamaym
    yamaym Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Just received a text(after he said he would call) telling me I can't cancel based on my last bill before they sent me a text on 15 September, even though he told me it was based on my last bill before the increase which for me was my bill dated 7/10/11.

Not sure where to go with this now, any advice?
  • fergal1982_2
    Options
    Just had another call from Dan saying that my second number cannot be cancelled, they have done that calculations for it off the august bill and not the September bill. Aa it states in there t&c that it will be the month before the rises come into play that being September, so I will be emailing again tonight asking them to recalculate using the September bill as outlined in there t&c. They can't just make this stuff up as they go along can they?
    What is the best thing to do now please?
    Failling that it will be legal action avaunt them for breaching there own agreement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure