Options

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 September 2011 at 5:51PM
    Options
    moty1984 wrote: »
    Mine actually genuine. I use alot of data and this increase will affect me alot.
    Well, let me not to believe you. You went over by 500Mb and paid extra £5. Now you know that your allowance is not sufficient and can just add 500Mb bolt-on for the same £5.
    Nothing was said to me about the data changes when I took out the contract 3 month ago so I wont be pleased if they dont terminate but all I can do is wait and see then go from there.
    Nothing? What were your expectations then? Why did you not ask?

That said, I think it's perfectly right to use the price rise to your advantage as an excuse for escaping from a contract.
  • moty1984
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    Well, let me not to believe you. You went over by 500Mb and paid extra £5. Now you know that your allowance is not sufficient and can just add 500Mb bolt-on for the same £5.

Nothing? What were your expectations then? Why did you not ask?

That said, I think it's perfectly right to use the price rise to your advantage as an excuse for escaping from a contract.

As stated in a previous post I already have a bolt on due to a.vodafone !!!! up.was suppose to get 1gb data but only got 500mb so they gave me the bolt on free. Well considering some1 was buying a contract the least they can do is inform you of any upcoming changes to plans for new customers not sell them a product then sting them with changes.
    I dont just take out a contract willy nilly I do my homework first and the contract im on now is fine with the data charges how they are. I compansated data charges for ontop of may monthly price and have a budget I want to go up to. The new charges will take me over that budget.
  • chandleo
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    I think that the majority here just use the price rise as an excuse for escaping from long expensive contracts and keeping the free/discounted handset.
    That's why it surprises me why some people start searching for another long-time and expensive commitment straight after escaping.

I certainly wasn't looking for an excuse to 'escape' my contract thank you very much, I merely object to my bill going up £10 a month and now I'd like to find a new deal that will cover my usage and allow me to save money. This is the Money Saving Expert forums after all!!!
    2013 Wins

March - Xbox with Kinect + 5 Games, Brantley Gilbert Tickets, Pan Am Series 1 on DVD, Tim McGraw CD, Dr Oetker Pizza voucher, Hurts CD

June - Boxfresh Trainers, 5 Nights 5* Hotel in Crete!!!
  • moty1984
    Options
    Anyone heard anything from dan (ceo team)? He said hed call me the week but not a thing.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 September 2011 at 5:02PM
    Options
    chandleo wrote: »
    I certainly wasn't looking for an excuse to 'escape' my contract thank you very much,
    Not at all.
    I merely object to my bill going up £10 a month and now I'd like to find a new deal that will cover my usage and allow me to save money. This is the Money Saving Expert forums after all!!!
    The best way to save is to find a sim-only contract or PAYG as you have a pretty new phone. However,...
    chandleo wrote: »
    ...Still deciding what to do myself phonewise now! ...I could get the iPhone 4 £40 contract for £30,...

Lots of people are telling me however to wait until Apples new phone announcement on Monday which might mean prices would be going down on the iPhone 4, hmmmmmm!
  • hijabi
    hijabi Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2011 at 5:40PM
    Options
    Oh yes, the good ol' trick of symantec priming and 'simplifying' bills to 'help' customers. (It's funny how I didn't hear this from vodafone yet - i heard it from MSE first! :))
    Just like late last year where they changed over to 'anniversary billing' to rob customers out of an extra months worth of line rental just because that's what all the other networks were doing...then got the retention agents to do the dirty work.

Vodafone used to be very customer orientated. Not anymore. Not since making their primary customer care call centre agents redundant claiming to have little money to go around but yet found enough when they were building a 13 million pound sales building in Stoke on Trent. They were never the cheapest but were best for connection, coverage and customer care. Oh how things change.

If you think you have been hard done by as a customer, try working for them too!
    Worst job experience of my life.

Now I hear there will be an increase of my bill again.

'Again'? here's what happened the first time round:
    Staff discount entitles you to have two lines at 50% off as well as 8 additional lines (one being broadband, but these were genereally used for family and friends accounts) with 30% off. If you leave the company the discount should remain on your account until the end of contract - the only thing which changes are the 50% lines reduce to 30% and the original 30% lines stay the same. Seems good right??
    What did they do? removed all 50% discounts. I then contacted the staff account team and HR but each kept blaming the other. They couldn't tell their nose from their elbow. Highly frustrating when you know yourself all they need to do is to get their finger out and press about 3 buttons and it's fixed. You'd think they'd have a little empathy considering it could happen to them in the future, but no. I understand that there's still some discount left (and rightly so!) but when you are used to your bill being a certain amount you don't want to have to pay extra just because vodafone wants you to, it's not right.

Vodafone believe that making these oh so welcome changes to our bills it will improve their NPS score. This refers to 'net promoter score' (google it if you aren't familiar, but that is what those automated survey calls are for!). At the moment it is their main aim to become number one. Sadly it isn't working, no one is going to vote the highest scores or sing their praises when they constantly get screwed over. They are trying to be the best in the business of mobile communications but going about it in entirely the wrong way.

There is no benefit of customers staying with vodafone any more. "Vodafone VIP" i hear you say! That million pound investment may as well have gone down the drain because it's hardly VIP to get a free cap with vodafone written across the front is it? They could do alot better if they invested more money into customers rather than the big wigs pockets! Hardly 02 priority/freebies or orange wednesdays is it? : ) They need to do something people will actually use/benefit from. They got too big for their boots and that's when the turtle(s) passed the hare.

There's many a tale to tell, but the bottom line is, get out when you can! but if vodafone is the only network in your area to work (i feel your pain) always ask for the outbound retention team to call you, don't bother with the upgrades you dial through to as they can only usually do what's on the website and sometimes not even that! NOTE: do not let them know that they are the only network to work for you as they will be reluctant to give you the best deal ;)

...and that line of 'best network in the uk'?? Not true. Its just a desperate line they are clinging on to.
  • lyndseyplastic
    Options
    Anyone heard anything from dan (ceo team)? He said hed call me the week but not a thing.

Nope nothing for me either guna give them a call see what they say.
  • moty1984
    Options
    Nope nothing for me either guna give them a call see what they say.

Let me know when you have. I doubt dan will be working tomorrow so il give it till monday at the latest then send another email. He did say a few days was just expecting him to ring by today.
  • vixmony
    vixmony Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok this is my story, after the fiasco, last year,I thought vodafone had learnt, but alas. I had 4 lines last year and was allowed to cancel them, when they decided to stop the unlimited data, however I decided to cancel only 2,and for the other 2,got early upgrades 2 shiny iphone 4s, with 1.5 gig data, and also to me vodafone seems to have the best coverage all round, so stayed. On the 2 lines I got early upgrades however, one of them was having a problem, because the vodafone system could not recognise the other 500mb, for the 1.5 gig which meant every month I had to call vodafone, to get the 5£ charges for going over the data revered, and despite calling nearly every month, since September last year the problem kept occurring, and as such, the problem they created proved, fruitful for me in the end, because I was allowed to cancel on the basis of going over every month, so every case is different and i must admit vodafone have handled this case more efficiently and faster than last time, ironically the same time,vodafone are cutting data again, other networks are increasing the data, i give up.
  • lyndseyplastic
    Options
    Let me know when you have. I doubt dan will be working tomorrow so il give it till monday at the latest then send another email. He did say a few days was just expecting him to ring by today.

I rang, after being on the phone for 25 minutes, I got this answer.
    'if he said he will call, he will'

Because that is loads of help!!!!!!!!

I asked what to do if he doesn't.

The answer 'I don't know'

Think im just going to seek legal advice. This is pathetic! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts