Vodafone to Change Prices from 11 Oct 2011

Options

Comments

• TehJumpingJawa
    Options
    lhwjud wrote: »
    Does that mean you can terminate your contract right away? Or do you still need to give 30-day notice to Vodafone?

They gave me my PAC code & said that they'd only charge upto the day I used the PAC code (i.e. gave it to another carrier to transfer over my number).

So I guess if you didn't want to keep your number you could cancel there and then.
  • Pocoyo
    Pocoyo Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    I was on holiday in August and didn't take my phone (due to excessive roaming charges) so my usage in August was significantly less than usual.
  • chandleo
    chandleo Posts: 57 Forumite
    edited 29 September 2011 at 2:34PM
    Options
    Very nice man phoned up from Vodafone this morning confirmed I could end the contract and organised my PAC code.

Have to say the communication from Vodafone has been exellent regarding this, calling regularly to let me know what happened, so very impressed with them for that.

Still deciding what to do myself phonewise now! The company I work for has the company mobile phones with Orange so staff are entitled to the Orange Perk 25% discount, so potentially I could get the iPhone 4 £40 contract for £30, though the offer may be due to end tomorrow.

Lots of people are telling me however to wait until Apples new phone announcement on Monday which might mean prices would be going down on the iPhone 4, hmmmmmm!
    2013 Wins

March - Xbox with Kinect + 5 Games, Brantley Gilbert Tickets, Pan Am Series 1 on DVD, Tim McGraw CD, Dr Oetker Pizza voucher, Hurts CD

June - Boxfresh Trainers, 5 Nights 5* Hotel in Crete!!!
  • moty1984
    Options
    chandleo wrote: »
    Very nice man phoned up from Vodafone this morning confirmed I could end the contract and organised my PAC code.

Have to say the communication from Vodafone has been exellent regarding this, calling regularly to let me know what happened, so very impressed with them for that.

Still deciding what to do myself phonewise now! The company I work for has the company mobile phones with Orange so staff are entitled to the Orange Perk 25% discount, so potentially I could get the iPhone 4 £40 contract for £30, though the offer may be due to end tomorrow.

Lots of people are telling me however to wait until Apples new phone announcement on Monday which might mean prices would be going down on the iPhone 4, hmmmmmm!

What was the main factor for you to cancel the contract
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    moty1984 wrote: »
    Is this a real question or 'tongue-in-cheek'?
  • moty1984
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    Is this a real question or 'tongue-in-cheek'?

Haha real question. I mean is it the increase in call charges or the increase in data charges? As all im going of for myself is the increase in data charges.
  • chandleo
    Options
    moty1984 wrote: »

For me it was the data charges, I regularly go over my allowance and the extra charges were looking to put my bill up quite significantly.
    2013 Wins

March - Xbox with Kinect + 5 Games, Brantley Gilbert Tickets, Pan Am Series 1 on DVD, Tim McGraw CD, Dr Oetker Pizza voucher, Hurts CD

June - Boxfresh Trainers, 5 Nights 5* Hotel in Crete!!!
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think that the majority here just use the price rise as an excuse for escaping from long expensive contracts and keeping the free/discounted handset.
    That's why it surprises me why some people start searching for another long-time and expensive commitment straight after escaping.
  • moty1984
    Options
    chandleo wrote: »
    For me it was the data charges, I regularly go over my allowance and the extra charges were looking to put my bill up quite significantly.

Cheers. Thats the same as me. I only went over by 500mb last month and thats low for myself but just for that its a £5 increase so your monthly bill would have to be £50 plus to not be affected (is that right)?.
    Do you get to keep your phone if its terminated?
    How long did I take for you to find out?
  • moty1984
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    I think that the majority here just use the price rise as an excuse for escaping from long expensive contracts and keeping the free/discounted handset.
    That's why it surprises me why some people start searching for another long-time and expensive commitment straight after escaping.

Mine actually genuine. I use alot of data and this increase will affect me alot. Nothing was said to me about the data changes when I took out the contract 3 month ago so I wont be pleased if they dont terminate but all I can do is wait and see then go from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure