New Talktalk poll; feedback needed, good and bad

Options

Comments

• Airedalejoe
    Options
    Avoid like the plague. Customer service is dire and the new 'Technical support' operatives in India are beyond funny.
    Yes its cheap and if you dont suffer problems you will be happy but.............
    No axe to grind as one poster stated, just telling it like it is. Internet constantly dropping out, last time for 3 days!!! Then the misery starts all over again with a call to customer service.
    Me, I'm in the process of leaving, 6 months into my contract. Said I wasn't paying the £70 and there was no argument. I believe many are doing the same and TT are not arguing.
  • Airedalejoe
    Options
    In response to busabus above, you may want to correct your last paragraph.
    This is the most complained about company in the UK. There have been many features in national press and on TV reporting on the dire service thousands were suffering at the hands of TT. Dont poo-poo other folks problems, I have family and friends tearing their hair out over non existant customer service from this company.
  • pearlfisher
    Options
    The name of the company says it all! I have never experienced such appalling customer service as I have with these clowns! I have been with talk talk for approx 2 months, having previously been with Onetel (now talk talk, and was trouble free):. From day one there has been nothing but:confused: problems.
    Had great difficulty in getting my emails to work satisfactory, after some 48 hours I was advised that the server was down! Understand this issue took almost five days to resolve. Have now discovered my phone line has been barred, allegedly because I have not paid! I pay by direct debit, they have cocked this up twice. Eventually I emailed Charles Dunstone personally, that has brought a response, but, sadly the problems remain. I wish I had never heard of them!
    This company should be closed down!:mad:
  • mikey393
    Options
    Tried to sign up for the Broadband/Talk International 3 package but had major problems. Phone service fine although you have to change line from BT to Talk Talk but could not provide Broadband after 6 months as they would not accept an LLU code from Wanadoo/Orange so I've ben forced to take the Orange equivalent package using VOIP via Live Box via my computer. This has proved just as problematic as the phone service still isn't working correctly.
  • philipsw
    philipsw Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A couple of things about TalkTalk. The actual service is fine but the administration is awful. I have been with them for 5 months now and this has been the first month they have managed to take a Direct Debit correctly.

Also on sign up, it was not made clear that the £29.99 modem pack was OPTIONAL. It is, and so if you have been charged for something you need you can claim it back. A complicated process of form-filling and posting off the modem but worth it.

Although the monthly call to attempt to sort out the DD has been annoying, I am quite pleased with the actual service. Bills are low and internet speed is good.

On the subject of comparisons, I should also mention that in the past when I was with NTL at a different address, it took them over 6 months to stop sending me bills (and trying to charge me) for a service which had been clearly cancelled.
  • dippydora_2
    Options
    oh My God They are just the worst company I have ever come across for customer service and I have come across some bad ones...

Ordered August 2006, still waiting to be connected 10th january 2007 !!!
    Was given various excuses last week including....

It is not in my name weren't sure who I was or which was my account (I have been paying them since August...
    I am not entitled to free broadband even though originally stated I was eligible
    Got passed backwards and forwards between numerous depts. allpassing the buck. (That is when I could understand them or theycould understand me!)
    Was told that I was treated very badlyand was eligible for compensation,if I contacted a number (have given me a wrong contact and no "code" to say I am eligible)
    On the same call the staff member said my order had not been put through and put the order through again (at the more expensive £30 option) without telling me, once I realized and said I did not want it (another 2 month wait minimum). He said he could not cancel it and that I would have to ring though the next day to cancel.
    I cannot bear to ring this atrocious company again, so have gone back to BTand asked them to cancel my account withTalktalk and am back on good old fashioned dial-up (£6.99 unlimited use per month-but sooo slow) but at least I know where I am with them.
    The broadband revolution will be a long time coming to my house X
    DIPPYDORA :p

:kisses3: I Love you Martin!!!
  • amandacorbett
    Options
    Since joining Talk Talk in July(leaving NTL & Bt with no problems whatsoever) and them upgrading the broadband speed I have had nothing but trouble with them. After 3 weeks with no internet and them giving me some kind of technical advice which you have to pay 10p a minute for, they suggested there was a problem with my PC, that it had nothing to do with them. They then advised me to get an IT technician to have a look at the PC as it wasnt right.So studpidly I did this paying the guy £60.00 to come out, to be told there was nothing wrong with it and that its a connection problem with Talk Talk..They then told me that I should call BT and get them to move my phone socket(why is this when i am paying Talk Talk for my rental), move my pc to my very small hall as the cable may be too long...And i am not sure if it was india or south africa that told me after paying out the £60.00 for the guy to reprogramme a connection for the internet and setting it up again ready to use for when the connection became live, made me delete all network connections. How clever they are. I cannot tell you how many phonecalls I have made to the customer services and tech helpline, the funny thing is that they tell you to go online to try and troubleshoot any faults, how can you do this when you have no connection? To top it all my phone line stopped working for 4 days over the xmas period, when i have 2 daughters one in Australia and one in Ameriaca who couldnt contact us at all, no emails or phones!!!!!!!!!
    I HATE TALK TALK AND IM LEAVING THEM, THEY CAN STUFF THERE £70 CANCELLATION CHARGES AND THE THREATS OF TAKEN US TO COURT.
  • busabus
    busabus Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    In response to busabus above, you may want to correct your last paragraph.
    This is the most complained about company in the UK. There have been many features in national press and on TV reporting on the dire service thousands were suffering at the hands of TT. Dont poo-poo other folks problems, I have family and friends tearing their hair out over non existant customer service from this company.

I was just referring to the poll, it was over 50% positive, therefore however many billions are in the <50% they are in the "minority" - it was sarcastic, hence the smiley face.
  • Julieoolie
    Options
    I signed up for the free broadband offer on the very first day it came into effect last April. Although my phone was successfully transferred across in May (and I must say I've had no problems with it) I am STILL waiting to be transferred to the broadband package. TalkTalk have had 3 MAC ID codes from me and now want a fourth one! I've handed it over to OTELO to deal with as I've had enough. I'm paying more now for my phone and broadband than I was before when I was just with BT! Luckily I logged details of every call I made, who I spoke to, what was said etc which has made it easier.

I know I should just probably jack it in but it's the principle of it! :mad:
  • therobsonclan
    Options
    Don't touch them with a barge pole! I applied the day before the bad press came out on Watchdog (Sept). I wish I hadn't. I'm still waiting and am none the wiser as to when I will be up and running. I send numerous e-mails and make phone calls only to be told each time that they are having problems "connecting" me and that someone would be in touch with a new "go live" date - nobody ever makes contact and nobody on the end of the phone knows anything either!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure