New Talktalk poll; feedback needed, good and bad

in Phones & TV
759 replies 147.1K views

Replies

• moosetasticmoosetastic Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    I've been with Talk Talk just over a year, paying for the broadband and keeping my BT line, and despite a few teething problems with the online security package we took out with them, it has been hassle free and i have no complaints whatsoever.

We have just took out the line rental, free BB offer though on Friday, and the transition so far (touch wood) has gone smoothly, no major downtime issues or anything.

The only thing that still niggles me slightly is that the transition date was all set up through BT and them, and I only received the contract to sign the day before??!! :confused: It would have been a bit hard to take out the 14 day option to cancel at that point huh?
    You're so very special, I wish I was special :dance:

• DrxysterDrxyster Forumite
    2 Posts
    Ordered Talk Talk Phone and Broadband offer in February. Phone went live beginning of March, although I did not receive information of this, it just happened.Broadband went live end of March, received "Router etc" about a week before this. I was supposed to receive a welcome letter with password etc, this did not happen and I had to telephone for my password. Phone and broadband have been out of action twice, one afternoon for two hours, and again Saturday 16/06/07 phone and broadband out of action from 19:15 hrs until approximately 22:15 hours.Over the 4 months I have been with them I have sent about 5 emails, I have not received a reply to any of them. However the system seem to work well apart from the afore-mentioned gripes
  • I left Onetel and joined Talktalk,although Talktalk was supposed to take over all my calls.
    I am getting billed by both companies???? yes,its true and Onetel is now threatening me with debt collectors and court action.
    I have tried so many times calling their call centres in India and South Africa,they are just not interested,they just pas me around and around and then put me on hold,until finally I give up.I mean why sort it out???they are the same company???it appears so easy,then why not.
    Over the years I have had too much drama with Onetel,its like they wont let me go,got their fangs in me,did I say vulture,maybe I meant vampire.
    Beware cheapest is not best,especially when it comes to these two sly companies!:confused:
  • I think some of the arguments on this thread are irrelevant. There are two questions in rotation here Is Talk Talk free broadband etc. good value for money and a decent service? Absolutely. Is their customer service up to scratch? Absolutely Not. No one on here can argue that Talk Talk's customer service is good. Everytime you ring you get told a different lie or spiel of the script sayin the same thing from India or South Africa.
    It's always darkest before the dawn.

"You are sheep amongst wolves, be wise as serpents, yet innocent as doves."
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I think some of the arguments on this thread are irrelevant. There are two questions in rotation here Is Talk Talk free broadband etc. good value for money and a decent service? Absolutely. Is their customer service up to scratch? Absolutely Not. No one on here can argue that Talk Talk's customer service is good. Everytime you ring you get told a different lie or spiel of the script sayin the same thing from India or South Africa.
    Add the words '(when it works)' after the first 'Absolutely' and that's a neat summary.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Heinz wrote: »
    Add the words '(when it works)' after the first 'Absolutely' and that's a neat summary.
    I agree with you Heinz, even though I have to visit my library to get free broadband as I cannot receive or send emails from any site since signing up with talktalk. Also cannot access bank accounts or Ebay. All stuff I usually use daily. Not much use to me then and incredibly slow compared to BT.
  • EesyEesy Forumite
    2 Posts
    Didn't ask for Talk Talk - but got it within three weeks of talking to one of their "Sales Advisors" on the telephone. Seems they class a conversation on the 'phone as a "sale"!

I made the mistake of asking for literature to read about it. I was very specific about no changes being made without my express agreement. Yeah, you've guessed it - other people who ask for it can't get it for love nor money - me - I don't ask for it but get it anyway. Long, sad story, but just got back on line - again - today after a week.

Back with BT - for the time being. They weren't much help during this past month's upheaval, so it's made me think about their customer service - or lack of it.

OfCom were very helpful though!!!

As for Talk Talk, I wouldn't touch them with the proverbial!!
  • chazxxxchazxxx Forumite
    3 Posts
    I would never tell anyone to go to talktalk EVER!

I signed up aprox 9 month ago and never had a good thing to say about them!

The internet is always cutting off there bills are always messed about resulting in being cut off and were stuck on an 18 months contract.

Im paying upto £120 a month! I used to pay that for 3 months with bt.

get offered talktalk? RUN!
  • MerlotMerlot Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    kr.fletch wrote: »
    Been with Talk-Talk 6 months now
    No problems , never let us down at all. best move we have made !

Previously with... pipex- homecall , now they are really really bad
    should be called sh*tex-nocall

Pipex are fantastic - UK call centres, very friendly people..only downside David Hasslehoff in the adverts - he's so yesterday.

On the other hand Talk Talk, my Brother is with them and has had 6 months of pure hell with them, MY SUGGESTION IS DON'T TOUCH THEM UNLESS YOU HAVE A LOT OF TIME ON YOUR HANDS TO KEEP PHONING THEM, AND A SISTER WHO DOESN'T MIND YOU USING HER COMPUTER CAUSE YOUR BROTHER HAS PROBLEMS WITH HIS BROADBAND AND TALK TALK COULDN'T RUN A BATH NEVER MIND A TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY!
    "Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does, except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place." — Abigail Van Buren
  • QuillionQuillion Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    I was going to transfer to tt and set the wheels in motion.I received my start date for bb and it came and went no router arrived nothing so i rang the cancellation number and cancelled them. I cancelled the direct debit and went back to BT. This was in February and i am still getting bills from them although they no longer provide me any service. The last bill i got i rang again and told them if i get one more bill, letter or correspondance from them other than to tell me my account is closed then i will be going to court and sueing them for harrassment. I have cried, screamed and shouted, explained clearly but they seem to ignore anything and have to say and continue to bill me. My router then arrived in JUNE.
    I have a leter of confirmation form BT that they provide my services so TT have not a leg to stand on.
    I would advise IGNORE TALK TALK DON'T TOUCH WITH A BARGE POLE.
    :beer: Officially Debt Free Nov 2012 :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ask An Expert: Rewind

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals