New Talktalk poll; feedback needed, good and bad

in Phones & TV
759 replies 147.1K views

Replies

• Tried the customer services email before - same as their call centre agents - slow and working from scripts.

I found Ofcom useful to give Tiscali a kick to spit out a valid MAC code.

Anyway, all is now well. Yesterday I spoke to a UK call centre agent with initiative. He immediately setup a call divert to mobile, then chased the engineers. Landline restored early yesterday evening.

TalkTalk broadband/modem install failed on ME, ok on XP.
  • vanman7vanman7 Forumite
    185 Posts
    Tried the customer services email before - same as their call centre agents - slow and working from scripts.

I found Ofcom useful to give Tiscali a kick to spit out a valid MAC code.

Anyway, all is now well. Yesterday I spoke to a UK call centre agent with initiative. He immediately setup a call divert to mobile, then chased the engineers. Landline restored early yesterday evening.

TalkTalk broadband/modem install failed on ME, ok on XP.

Bloody hell...UK call centre...not a bad result, lets hope it runs a little smoother from now on.:cool:
    Not just a white vanman:cool:
    I'm no expert in things really but i do have 36 years of experience in life, and some of those years fighting off bailiffs.
    Nicknamed Victor Meldrew among friends as i love to complain;)
  • It seems to be pot luck whether you get UK, India, or South Africa.

The phone was off AGAIN yesterday evening. Only for 20 minutes this time. Also my daughter, who has previously had a trouble free TalkTalk experience, was cut off for a couple of hours. :-(
  • BigDudeBigDude Forumite
    4 Posts
    :mad: I have been with TalkTalk for 2 years. They get no better. We are plagued with dropped broadband connections. Always when the exchange drops in speed it chucks you off. So much for 'always on' broadband !!:rotfl: Also had problems with nuisance calls. Took four attempts of holding for approx 30 mins each time (good job it's a free call) and they say speak to BT not our problem!! We have our line with TalkTalk so guess what BT said...

My advice stay away but for price you can't beat them. I wish we could because I would be gone yesterday without split second to look back. It's been misery. It still is but until someone can match £21 for broadband and free calls all day I have to vote with my bank balance. :cry:
  • GnidGnid Forumite
    112 Posts
    From the polls, you can see that OVER 50% of people are still having problems with TalkTalk.

I wish you good luck if you want take a gamble with TalkTalk. But be prepared (with greater than 50% probability):

1. to pay at least £20 a month and not getting anything in return.

2. for a lot of time and frustration to deal with this.

3. for not being use your telephone and/or broadband.
  • nemo183nemo183 Forumite
    637 Posts
    The swap to TalkTalk broadband wasn't problem free. Main issue - I was never sent details of new IP addresses etc. So I had to phone. Why they just didn't post them is beyond me - it's such a basic detail.

On the positive side, my phone has been fine, and my broadband speed increased by a factor of 7.

Down sides? Expensive calls to mobiles.
  • milliemillie Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    i have been with them for 3weeks the only real problem was the stettings for my wireless router, because I did not purchase the one from them. After a lengthy call to Linskey (the maker of my router) via a freephone number it was up and running with no other problems so far.
  • I have been waiting for nearly two months, for the complete transference to take place. In the meantime I am paying a " non part bundle"! with both accounts. eg £23.99 for broadband with onetel and a higher rate with talktalk!
    They are boasting that thousands are changing over, multiply my difference and it can quickly work into hundreds of thousands of £££s.
    Both sides don't want to know. They say are both independent of each other!
    They supposedly have the same boss!
    Come on MARTIN, chase 'em.
  • brucie24brucie24 Forumite
    89 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I signed up last April. My Broadband didn't go live until October and that was only because I spent hours literally hounding them.

Once live, Broadband was erratic and their email server shocking. At one point I got a load of emails delivered that were over a week old 'snail mail' would have been quicker!

I had a talktalk sim linked to the account but when I cancelled that they continued to charge me for it despite telling me frequently that it had been dealt with.

I have finally moved. First Telecom for calls & line rental, Orange for Broadband. No problems so far with either of them

However still fighting with TalkTalk to get final account sorted:mad: :mad: :mad:

My advice: stay well clear and if you are with them and want to go call their 'Options team' on 01925 553000;) Good Luck
  • I'm sure everyone is nearly bored of this topic, but I've got to moan. In Feb I was promised to be up and running by mid-March. I've had to get new MACs twice, and told that there was a fault on the line that would delay by another x weeks. I called back, when I realised this would make the most recent MAC expire. I was more or less laughed at and told that no, everything was in place and stop being such a worrier. At this time I am paying BT for braodband, and TT for landline with 'free broadband'. Another week passed, I phoned to find out my status. I was eventually told (after repeating my entire story several times to different operators) that the line was incompatible, that I would have to disconnect from BT and wait 15 days without service for reconnection. I hung up, tellingthem to phone me back if they still wanted my custom. They didn't. I called back when I'd calmed down and was told the last operator had been wrong, that the MAC had expired and I needed a new one (!). Ho Hum. The moral of this for new suppliers: never send your customers back to talk to their old suppliers three times. Got through immediately, moaned, was offered a discount with an offer of further reductions, was listened to, no interruption of service, and I'd never have to talk to Talk Talk again. Horrible experience, and expensive, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides