PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS Daily Wednesday 3 August

Options

Comments

• flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Happy birthday ELACLA! :)

Jannyannie - hope they punish whoever did it.

Very hot day here today, took work kids to beach this afternoon :D. This morning the local youth helath service lady came in to chat to them about drugs and sexual health. Very amusing watching them use beer googles, and then putting condoms on fake willies! :rotfl:They did all find it informative though.

But the best news of today is that my best friend had a baby girl today :D:D she was due on Friday and docs thought it would be 11lb+ :eek: so she had C section today. Baby turned out to be 9lbs5 and is called Isla :T. I'm so pleased for them. It's the first baby of our friendship group so will be spoilt rotten.

I'm out to Outdoor Shakespeare tonight. I organised tickets so my friends have organised the picnic :)

have a good evening all

x
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Reverbe, just remember you have to kiss a lot of rogs before you find your prince.
    I found mine when I was 50!
    Hester
    Perhaps thats the problem I never met anyone called rog yet :p

Glad you found yours.. I'm still looking for anyone that kisses tbh...:rotfl:
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    susyrosy wrote: »
    No matter HOW much I cut back, economise, avoid, do without, save - something always comes up to wipe out the savings hoard ...

Recently it's been

1) the toaster - dead in a shower of sparks - new one 20 quid.

2) the washing machine motor - 160 quid BIG owww

I sympathise Suzy.. since this time last yr we have been living mostly fridge/freezer and washing machineless..:(:o

Hope your luck changes soon:beer: Likewise Janny. Hope you get things sorted as best you can re that terrible situation.
  • flutterbyuk25
    flutterbyuk25 Posts: 7,009 Forumite
    Options
    Reverbe wrote: »
    .. I'm still looking for anyone that kisses tbh...:rotfl:

Me too ;) :rotfl:
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    ELACLA smiley-greet002.gifsmiley-greet006.gif

jannyannie.... I hope that the police get the so called carer smiley-angry002.gif responsible and throw the book at her.

tappers.... fingers crossed for you hun x

We had thunder and it went very dark but we didn't get any rain and it seems to have got hotter as the day has gone on.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl3zQUdOFNsfmW-vBoAe45rZhT9HIodpBOyoZGAm6sUVswMzSe

All this talk about potty training made me run to the loo smiley-laughing004.gifmaybe I need to get one smiley-laughing004.gifI just hope it shows up as weight loss on the scales, Dr thinks I could be holding on to two or three stones in fluid :eek:
    We are not eating until about 8pm tonight because it is just too hot to eat.

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Potty training don't even go there :o....Have been persisting for 2 weeks with DS.....will ask for a poo sit on the toilet/potty not do anything get off then go off and do the deed in his pants....maybe he's not ready or should i say blooming boys... So shall cool off a bit :o

My 2 DD's were easy peasy :D

Sorry so rude of me....

Happy Birthday ECACLA - Hope you have a lovely evening xxx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 August 2011 at 5:40PM
    Options
    Julie67 wrote: »

I also bought a book for my DGS Oscar called Pirate Pete's Potty. He was 2 in May and my DD is really struggling to get him to even sit on the potty and believe me they have tried everything. The book has a button you can press with a cheer every time he does something good so fingers crossed.

Love it! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Reverbe - I reckon the guy who replied to you was (a) a foreigner and (b) using voice-operated software!

ELACLA Happy Birthday! :beer:
    bargainbird - my DGS used to do that - sit on potty and do nothing, then go and do it behind the television!
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Candygirl, DGS Oscar is the same, he tells you when he has had a poo and a wee so I am sure he is ready.
    Lou I think the one by Tony Ross has been out a while, I am sure it was around when my youngest was at that stage but I had forgotten it so I might pick that one up as well.

These will defintely be his bedtime stories for the next few weeks.

BB I agree my DD got it straight away. DD has even had a wee on the potty but he still doesn't get it. Good job she is only a little slip of a thing LOL:rotfl:
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Me too ;) :rotfl:
    seriously I always think these blokes that kiss in films and on tv are "acting" I had my first kiss many moons ago and since then I think about one or 2 since.,. why dont guys kiss???:cool::eek::eek:
  • Loulou2010
    Loulou2010 Posts: 13,245 Forumite
    edited 3 August 2011 at 6:01PM
    Options
    Potty training don't even go there :o....Have been persisting for 2 weeks with DS.....will ask for a poo sit on the toilet/potty not do anything get off then go off and do the deed in his pants....maybe he's not ready or should i say blooming boys... So shall cool off a bit :o

ds was really easy but then went through a stage of doing that. one day there was a funny smell. a few days later i found a lump of poo behind the sofa :o i didnt mention it to him as i thought he wouldnt remember doing it. the following the day he said he needed a poo, then ran over to the sofa looked behind and said "oh poo gone" :mad::eek::rotfl:

ETA i found that rewarding ds with a choc button worked a treat :o then progressed onto stickers. now he gives them to me when i do a wee :rotfl:
    "I have learnt that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one"
    "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”
    Maya Angelou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family