KKO Mobile charges ???

Options

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi David,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

You'll be able to find further information on KKO Mobile's services on their website.

So I can take a closer look at things for you, email me with your details via the link in our profile here.

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me, quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • 1MoreVictim
    1MoreVictim Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 June 2014 at 1:49PM
    Options
    Hi Lee,

I have already attempted an email to you. I received this back via reply email:

Vodafone Customer Services <ccare.webmails@help.vodafone.co.uk>
    We don’t use this email address anymore, so our advisers won’t get your message. Don’t worry, you can chat to an adviser online instead – they’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

David Wrote

I have spent the best part of an hour this morning, in conversation with Vodafone Customer Service dept (small business team) in Warrington. I explained that this KKO Mobile transaction or subscription was not authorized by me, and that i wanted them cancelled and the payments refunded. The lady explained that it was nothing to do with Vodafone as it is something I had subscribed for.. I must deal with the company directly (KKO Mobile). I explained a number of times that I had at no point authorised the subscription, to no avail.

She would not put me through to the fraud department, despite my protestations that I have not subscribed to any such service. This is a sharp contrast to the operations with a bank account in a similar scenario which will work with the customer to verify the authenticity of the payment and cancel it if necessary, issuing a chargeback to the originating bank and merchant.

I had asked whether Vodafone was in a shared revenue agreement with KKO Mobile. To this she consulted with colleagues and then refused to confirm or deny whether Vodafone is in revenue share with them. I pointed out that all Purchases that go through the mobile payments system onto a Vodafone bill will involve a payment to Vodafone, and actually in all likelihood the proportion of the £4.50 given to Vodafone would be large. Again she refused to confirm or deny that is how the mobile payments system works. Her proclamations of ignorance started to beggar belief, and only served to frustrate me further.

That was very disappointing and not what I hoped for, as a loyal long standing customer. I have contacted KKO Mobile directly. I have contacted phonepayplus as well. I registered my complaint and request for refund. They stated that i should receive information about when and where the subscription was commenced. Also they pointed out that I am responsible for any such subscriptions actioned on my handset.

I have pointed out to Vodafone customer service that if I did not receive satisfaction I would cancel my Vodafone accounts, and move my business elsewhere. Alas, for this she was again sorry, but reiterated there was nothing she could do. The one good thing was that the lady kindly agreed to let me use the audio from our conversation should i wish to pursue the matter in relation to a customer complaint and raise awareness in wider consumer protection forums.

Clearly this state of affairs is not good enough, when a company like Vodafone regards scam operators like KKO Mobile and its source of revenue as more important than the needs and protection of its own genuine long standing customers. I will explain as such to the Vodafone CEO if necessary, like others have done before. Or else to interested consumer protection groups who can raise awareness of this issue.

Finally, it may come down to it being the only way is to vote with our feet. Despite being in 2 contracts running into 2015 I will move my business elsewhere, take the hit, and request PAC numbers for them as a matter of principle. I know similar treatment might result again with a different provider, but I will take that risk as a financial penalty needs to be felt by your provider (in my case Vodafone) before one day we may see some greater protections. That means losing a customer with £100+ average monthly bill (even before KKO mobile was added onto it !) Companies like Vodafone always record the reasons for leaving. If enough people follow through (when they dont get a full refund in such cases) and terminate contracts, then the phone companies may start changing their behaviour.

Lee, I await your response and I am happy to provide my personal case details to you again, if you can provide me with a means of contacting you that will work this time. Please note the irony is that I believed both my accounts were under a premium call barr. The CSR informed me that only my wife had this activated on her phone when I am sure I had requested both to be protected, some 2 years ago.

If I dont hear by end of today, I will be contacting customer service dept again to request those pac numbers.

Thank you

David
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi David,

I replied to your email yesterday.

Let me know when you'll be free this morning.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • thehartsters
    Options
    I was scammed by this back in 2011, can't believe it's still going on. Definitely worth persevering with complaints to KKO Mobile, Watchdog, PhonePayPlus, PayForIt and your service providers as I eventually got all my money back, partially through Three, and then recently I got an email out of the blue from PhonePayPlus saying investigations had started on KKO and to send them an email to claim a refund. I got a cheque from KKO which was a lovely and a complete surprise considering the way they handled my previous complaints.
  • I am also a Vodafone customer that has today received an msg telling me I have subscribed to KKO and for £4.50 a week and need to test STOP to 64546 (which I have already done and received and response txt telling me my subscription has been terminated). I have never subscribed to this or any other app based purchases and and really annoyed that Vodafone could allow this to happen when blatantly this is a scam that has been going on for many years.

Due to the wonders of "my vondafone" website i also can't see my previous bills to check for how long the change has been applied but I can see one charge at east on my current bill.

How do I ensure that my subscription has indeed been cancelled and how what is the best way to try and recover any charges made by KKO.
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi there,

So I can help you further with this, email me with your details via the link in our profile here.

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me, quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
  • sparkykink
    sparkykink Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2014 at 10:46PM
    Options
    Hi,
    After receiving an unusually large mobile bill, I have just been told I have "subscribed" to something called mobitrans at a cost of £4 a week for the past 5 weeks.
    I'm with EE and they have agreed to waiver the costs?
    Sounds a bit iffy to me, if EE are quashing it could it be their responsibility?
    EE gave me an 0208 number to call to unsubscribe which I have done.
    How do we stop this from happening?
    Anyone?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • jumbojimbo
    Options
    I'd suggest writing to Mobitrans and EE informing them you intend to take legal action against them. The Theft Act 1968 and the Fraud Act 2006 are two pieces of relevant legislation you can cite

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/pdfs/ukpga_20060035_en.pdf
    legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/60/pdfs/ukpga_19680060_en.pdf
  • kgldsun
    kgldsun Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to say with thanks to Lee, a vodaphone rep mentioned above, my Sons account was fully rectified.
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi kgldsun,

Thanks for updating the thread to confirm that your query has been resolved.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure