KKO Mobile charges ???

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• seabass90
    Options
    I absolutely despair that I find myself on this thread and that KKO Mobile are still scamming people, 4 years on.

It came to my attention at the end of November that I had been charged £4.50 a week by KKO Mob since April 2014. Altogether they owe me over £140. I did not notice the charges coming out of my bill because 1. I regularly go over my data allowance and assumed these accounted for such charges and 2. KKO mobile were very inconsistent with their billing process, billing me 22.50 for some months and 7 pounds other months, hence keeping my suspicion at bay.

I too received regular text messages from KKO Mobile but assumed there was no way I had subscribed to a service and did not know that 02 would authorise payments from my 02 account for such charges!?!?

So far I have done the following:
    1. Spoken to O2 who are EXTREMELY unhelpful and so have now gone and e-mailed the CEO Mr Dunne directly
    2. Logged my complaints with PhonePayPlus, investigation underway
    3. Am currently emailing 'Lucy', a customer service advisor from KKO on a regular basis. Last week I asked her for screenshot evidence of me having signed up for the service. She did not reply and so I had to phone them today and received an e-mail from Lucy shortly after with a generic screenshot of how someone would sign up for the service. Again, no solid proof of me subscribing has surfaced from them and so I have asked for proper screenshot evidence along with details of exact time and dates of when I supposedly signed up so that I can hopefully get proof from O2 that I was never using my data at that time or something!?

Does anyone have any further ideas of what I can do?
  • Gizz47
    Gizz47 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. Had this text a couple of days ago:

"FreeMsg: Thank you for subscribing to BeBuddy for £3.00 per week from BeBuddy until you text STOP to 64546. HELP? 01752485360"

I usually ignore such things (they want me to reply to trick me into subscribing for something, right?), but I looked it up out of curiosity, and quite frankly, can't believe how many people are having their money stolen by these crooks. Not just on this forum, but all over the place. And it's been going on for years. Unbelieveable!

My dilemma is slightly different from many, who have already had their credit taken. I'm on GiffGaff and get my credit through 'goodybags' which don't include premium rate texts. Therefore, I cannot text "STOP" back to 64546, unless I top up PAYG credit. And if I *do* top up my airtime credit to enable me to do so, these thieves will take £3.00 from me (plus any charge for the text I send). And then there is no guaranteee that this will actually 'stop' them. And even less guarantee I'll be able to get a refund, even if I do spend countless hours chasing them.

So, unless I never ever want to add airtime to my account (which I ocassionally do, for phoning/texting freinds overseas) it seems I will have to deal with the hassle of trying to contact the culprits to get them to quit.

I suspect (as many on here seem to) that the mobile phone providers are actually making money out of this. Otherwise, how on earth is it still allowed to continue? It's pretty digusting treatment of customers.

Good luck to everyone who's already been ripped off: keep us updated with how you resolved it!
  • tonighttonight
    Options
    Dear All,
    I live in France and have been involved with a lengthy wrestling match with kko/mydoo/cellfish/lagardere to recover the full amount that I paid for two suspect subscriptions through my telephone and internet box service provider. The stages were many and in the beginning depressing and unfruitful, but having found many forums and blogs citing similar stories to mine, I was determined to carry on the fight. Gradually, the more positive emails from dear ol' Ines did arrive, first as pittance reimbursements, and finally after my contacting the French government agency which seems to know about the "scam" (arnaque in french), the latest email from her did claim that I would be receiving a bigger cheque next month. Let's hope it arrives.
    As an interesting bit of info I discovered through my blog and forum research, Cellfish is a part of the Lagardere group, and Mr L is a bosom buddy "big brother" of Mr Sarkozy. Mmmhhhh......
    Keep fighting for your rights. My question now is: How can these scams be effectively shut down by the respective government agencies? Media pressure to counter scams by leading media groups? Not likely.......
    I suppose the DDPP (the French government agency defending consumers) is being more effective in this particular struggle than its UK counterpart. All I can say is "keep pushing". We are the victims, after all.
  • ckxion
    ckxion Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received confirmation from the laughable PhonePayPlus that they have found against KKO / / Cellfish / MyDoo Media

I have started a new thread which copies their totally weak judgement, and asks what can be done about this rubbish organisation - Phone Pay Plus

CK

PS
    It seems that though I have been registered with MSE for 8 years I am a "new user" so cannot add links to my new post. Perhaps someone "older" than me can do so.

The title of the new thread is " 5 Years too late PhonePayPlus find against - 'sort off'"
  • colin7777
    colin7777 Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2016 at 8:47AM
    Options
    My son's phone is being billed £9.00 weekly and he is adament he did not subscribe, he is with THREE and they are not interested. So far it has cost £45.00 . Payforit can not even be contacted and say they have no involvement, so who is responsible ?
    There should be an opt in / opt out facility for these billing services.
    I have started a parlimenary petition and need people to sign up to start the ball rolling.
    I can not enter the link as it says I am a new user so will try to resolve this later
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure