Has anyone heard from Barclays since the gesture of goodwill letter?

Options

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Arh right so the email address was the same as the one I posted up then?:D LOL
    Ditto :D:D xxx
  • caza888
    caza888 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    promoter wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm still waiting for the letter telling me that Barclays (Firstplus) will be settling the claim. Complained to Barclays in Oct, put on hold, complained to FOS in January. The only thing I've got so far is a letter advising that the case is still open and they will contact me again in 3 months (this came just before Barclays announcement).

I emailed the FOS this week to ask what the story was and was told that my case had not yet been assigned to an adjudicator and that they didn't know when that might happen. I replied that there was no longer anything to adjudicate on, and that it could be ressolved administratively. No response to that yet.

:mad:

I still haven't had my 1st letter yet either! I complained to Barclays in August 2010 and the FOS in October 2010. I just keep ringing Barclays asking them whether I will recieve this 'goodwill letter' and they said I will because I made my complaint before the April deadline. I have spoken to three different people at Barclays and they all said I would be getting my money back even though my complaint is logged on there system as 'active - being investigated'. Will be ringing them tomorrow (again) just to double check;)
  • Audster68
    Audster68 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone have a number for Barclays please? I made my complaint in October 2010 and had the usual stalling letters until the JR. I referred Barclaycard and Halifax to the FOS. I've heard from Halifax and have had my notification of my gesture of goodwill but absolutely nothing from Barclaycard!!
  • Audster68
    Audster68 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Found the number - thank you!
  • Dizzywithmoney
    Options
    It seems very strange to me that so many people still have not had offers from Barclays/First Plus yet. I know they have until 31st August but so many people are waiting for their offers I would have thought that a few would have heard by now. My letter from them was dated 18th June so its well over a month now. How long will it take them to pay out once they start getting the acceptance letters back? I hope that its not this 8 weeks that someone on here had put that they are allowed now to actually pay out!!! When I rang them a few weeks ago I was told that all the "offers" were going to be sent out together then the next time I rang them I was told that they were being worked out in date order - well if that is the case then surely the people who applied before March/April should have heard by now!!! Everytime I have rung I get told a different story.
  • amersall
    Options
    Audster68 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a number for Barclays please? I made my complaint in October 2010 and had the usual stalling letters until the JR. I referred Barclaycard and Halifax to the FOS. I've heard from Halifax and have had my notification of my gesture of goodwill but absolutely nothing from Barclaycard!!
    Hi there, this is because it is with FOS,you can take it as read that you have got one,it wont be too long now xx.
  • amersall
    Options
    It seems very strange to me that so many people still have not had offers from Barclays/First Plus yet. I know they have until 31st August but so many people are waiting for their offers I would have thought that a few would have heard by now. My letter from them was dated 18th June so its well over a month now. How long will it take them to pay out once they start getting the acceptance letters back? I hope that its not this 8 weeks that someone on here had put that they are allowed now to actually pay out!!! When I rang them a few weeks ago I was told that all the "offers" were going to be sent out together then the next time I rang them I was told that they were being worked out in date order - well if that is the case then surely the people who applied before March/April should have heard by now!!! Everytime I have rung I get told a different story.
    Yoohoo :D:D:D
    You will get paid before the end of august,this is the deadlaine that the FSA have given them,all claims will have to be paid out by then xx.
  • amersall
    Options
    Audster68 wrote: »
    Found the number - thank you!
    :D:DYou are welcome :rotfl::rotfl:
  • calbabe52
    calbabe52 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I got my cheque yesterday for £1750 from Bank of Scotland for a preference account I had with them, I am now waiting for my barclays credit cards, seems it was worth complaining in the end, as I wasnt even sure if I had paid it or not, so my advice to everyone is keep on.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    calbabe52 wrote: »
    I got my cheque yesterday for £1750 from Bank of Scotland for a preference account I had with them, I am now waiting for my barclays credit cards, seems it was worth complaining in the end, as I wasnt even sure if I had paid it or not, so my advice to everyone is keep on.

Well done to you :T Congratulations!:beer:
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family