Has anyone heard from Barclays since the gesture of goodwill letter?

Options

Comments

• enigma1
    enigma1 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    Can anyone advise me I received a letter from FOS in the middle of June saying that Barclays would be making me the goodwill offer but I haven't had a letter from Barclays yet is that normal? Should I be calling someone to chase it and if so who and does anyone have the number?
    Thanks for reading
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    enigma1 wrote: »
    Hi
    Can anyone advise me I received a letter from FOS in the middle of June saying that Barclays would be making me the goodwill offer but I haven't had a letter from Barclays yet is that normal? Should I be calling someone to chase it and if so who and does anyone have the number?
    Thanks for reading
    Hi enigma, I think some people have been hearing from them, however, they do have till end of August to deal with all complaints received pre-Judicial Review decision, there are full details on the main website somewhere in the MSE News I think that has full details.
    There is a discussion on another thread about it and some banks are starting to get squeaky a**e time because they might be running very tight due to the sheer numbers, which will be good for claimants, they'll start a print run of cheques and hope their finished in time for August.:rotfl:
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • enigma1
    enigma1 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that Smitchy73 I'll wait & see a bit longer then.
  • Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    enigma1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Smitchy73 I'll wait & see a bit longer then.

We are also going to wait until 31st and see what happens, as we phoned the FOS and Barclays and got nowhere. They didnt know anything.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Rebecca01 wrote: »
    We are also going to wait until 31st and see what happens, as we phoned the FOS and Barclays and got nowhere. They didnt know anything.
    What are we like???? :eek:
    We posted replies on the bank and cc charges board :p:p:p

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3294810

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:You have an excuse you are fairly new i though am not and should :D:D:D know better ;)
  • Rebecca01
    edited 19 July 2011 at 2:26PM
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    What are we like???? :eek:
    We posted replies on the bank and cc charges board :p:p:p

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3294810

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:You have an excuse you are fairly new i though am not and should :D:D:D know better ;)

Thanks amersall, I actually forgot I had posted that. lol:D

Just read oopsy!!!
  • yetty123
    yetty123 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Right thats it I am going to get on the phone to them again on Monday because that is really out of order that us people with the old claims are still waiting
  • promoter
    promoter Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi
    I'm still waiting for the letter telling me that Barclays (Firstplus) will be settling the claim. Complained to Barclays in Oct, put on hold, complained to FOS in January. The only thing I've got so far is a letter advising that the case is still open and they will contact me again in 3 months (this came just before Barclays announcement).

I emailed the FOS this week to ask what the story was and was told that my case had not yet been assigned to an adjudicator and that they didn't know when that might happen. I replied that there was no longer anything to adjudicate on, and that it could be ressolved administratively. No response to that yet.

:mad:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    promoter wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm still waiting for the letter telling me that Barclays (Firstplus) will be settling the claim. Complained to Barclays in Oct, put on hold, complained to FOS in January. The only thing I've got so far is a letter advising that the case is still open and they will contact me again in 3 months (this came just before Barclays announcement).

I emailed the FOS this week to ask what the story was and was told that my case had not yet been assigned to an adjudicator and that they didn't know when that might happen. I replied that there was no longer anything to adjudicate on, and that it could be ressolved administratively. No response to that yet.

:mad:

Hi

Email the CEO, tell them your not happy with the way this have been going, also that you are one of the earlier cases of 2010,
    [EMAIL="robert.diamond@barclaysplc.com"]robert.diamond@barclaysplc.com[/EMAIL]

Keep at them, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Rebecca01
    edited 24 July 2011 at 8:11AM
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi

Email the CEO, tell them your not happy with the way this have been going, also that you are one of the earlier cases of 2010,
    [EMAIL="robert.diamond@barclaysplc.com"]robert.diamond@barclaysplc.com[/EMAIL]

Keep at them, good luck.

Hi Di
    I emailed that address over a week ago, I still have not recieved a reply or even an aknowledgement.:-( . I do not know how long it will take if they reply at all.

Maybe we will still all get a cheque before end of August.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure