Has anyone heard from Barclays since the gesture of goodwill letter?

Options

Comments

• Rebecca01
    Rebecca01 Posts: 725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 July 2011 at 8:38AM
    Options
    I spoke to barclays on monday to find out more about the order they are doing these in and I was told that it was in strict date order. I explained that they had logged two cases on the same day in January, paid out on one (into my account on saturday) and asked for the current situation on the other.
    Got told that there may have been 100 or more cases logged on that day so it was not certain that two cases logged on the same day would be looked at together. It's now been 3 days and no sign of a transfer in so either its 4 days work to process one day of complaints or maybe they are not all in date order?

Thanks for the update. We still have nothing. I have managed to find my old telephone number to get passed security. So I may give them a call today or tomorrow. We complained in October, sho who knows what order they are doing them.
  • Rebecca01
    Options
    jozvaldo wrote: »
    Quick Question please!

I received a letter from barclaycard around 5 weeks ago stating that they would pay me back plus the statutory 8% blah blah as a gesture of goodwill before the 31st of August - does this mean that I will definetely be getting a refund or is it that they are just sending out these 'standard' letters to everyone???

Thanks and congratulations to those of you so far :-)

If you have a letter it certainly sounds like it. Though someone with more knowledge maybe able to advise you.
  • Niggly_2
    Niggly_2 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    Rebecca01 wrote: »
    If you have a letter it certainly sounds like it. Though someone with more knowledge maybe able to advise you.

You will be getting a refund 100%. Barclays have announced this for complaints pre April 21st. This letter is confirmation of that fact. You will recieve a second letter detailing the amounts probably with a cheque for the overpayment of PPI contributions plus 8%.

N
  • Rebecca01
    Options
    Well I have eventually got through to Barclays . They said our information was passed to the Ombudsman on 30th June for them to calculate . She doesn't know what info was sent , or how much ppi we actually paid in the first place.

So we all know how busy the FOS is , so I guess I will just have to forget it until 31st August.
    Ahhhh!
  • Iain1983
    Iain1983 Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Rebecca01 wrote: »
    Well I have eventually got through to Barclays . They said our information was passed to the Ombudsman on 30th June for them to calculate . She doesn't know what info was sent , or how much ppi we actually paid in the first place.

So we all know how busy the FOS is , so I guess I will just have to forget it until 31st August.
    Ahhhh!

Hmmm, they shouldnt have to use the FOS to calculate the refund?! I am sure the FOS will priortise this. I presume your PPI premium is complex?
  • Rebecca01
    Options
    Iain1983 wrote: »
    Hmmm, they shouldnt have to use the FOS to calculate the refund?! I am sure the FOS will priortise this. I presume your PPI premium is complex?

I wouldnt say it was that complex, only that we topped up the loan and extended it but we also paid it off early. I am confused now. Your right, why cant Barclays work it out?
  • PJ74
    PJ74 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I always think the worst is going to happen with things like this and I will end up getting nothing. If I have had the original letter (I received it around 4 weeks ago), does that mean I will definitely be getting my refund? I had my loan statement from Barclays last week and my PPI Premium was £4,527 so would be a very nice payout!!!
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi there,if you were put on hold due to the JR and you have a "goodwill" letter,then they will pay you.
  • yetty123
    yetty123 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Got my goodwill letter, still waiting for any cheque!!!! and this claim has been going on since August 2010
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    yetty123 wrote: »
    Got my goodwill letter, still waiting for any cheque!!!! and this claim has been going on since August 2010
    Hi there, did you get a figure they would give you,or was it just the goodwill letter?.

If it was just the goodwill letter,then i would like to know why people are not being paid out from last year but they are paying people out from this year!!!.

This is not to be taken personally by anyone who has won with Barclays,as it is not your fault :o:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure