Unoffical Existing Customer Balance Transfers

Options

Comments

• timbod
    timbod Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Just been offered 1.9% BT with 2% handling fee from Natwest for 6 months. Phone is 01268 508018

Hope this is useful for someone.
  • ukmonkey
    ukmonkey Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been on to Egg.

Current balance is £1699.33 out of a limit of £1750.00 @21.9% APR. They offered to freeze the current balance at 5% until sometime in July (didn't make a note, doh!) or allow me to transfer a balance in at the same rate for the same duration. I opted for reezing my balance at 5.9%.

Really impressed!

Just called Halifax, I have a Visa with them, about £720.00 outstanding out of a £750.00 limit, I asked the advisor what rate of interest I was paying, and he seemed to be bumbling. He then asked if it was an old card, I told him yes, I'd had it about 5 years. He then told me I was paying a mamoth 24.9% APR. He said that this was the highest rate he'd ever seen on a Halifax Visa. Went through to retentions, woman said there's no offers available at the moment and there's nothing she can do.

So, oner great result and one really bad result.

*FUMING*
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was just offered one of the following from MBNA's Customer loyalty department.

0% for 6 months with a £75 capped fee
    0.9% for 6 months, no fee
    4.9% for 8 months, no fee.

I went with the 0.9% for 6 months as I was looking to transfer £2000.
  • smiler247
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My 0% is due to expire in April, and I still have about £1k on the card. If I can somehow clear that by April, what's the likelyhood of getting another balance transfer offer from them? If I couldn't get the balance cleared would I still be offered a lower rate or would it go straight up to 15.9%?

I am currently in temporary employment - I'm a supply teacher - and I'm unsure about what to put in applications if I was to apply for a new card elsewhere.

Can anyone help? :confused:

Smiler x
  • Pantera_Fan
    Options
    I got 0% for 6 months with LTSB with no fee - this was back in Dec 06 tho so might of changed. When they offered me 0% for 6 months I just said 'and you'll waive the transfer fee' and they agreed straightaway! If you don't ask you don't get!
  • vix2000
    vix2000 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just missed my anniversary offer from egg (31 Jan). Wondered if anyone has had any 0% offers outside anniversary months. Have had 0 balance for ages. Also what do you say when you phone up and ask? Thanks
  • JollyNolly
    Options
    Halifax just offered 0% for 6 months with a 3% fee. Sounds a bit expensive to me, though - you never use the full 6 months, so it would work out at something like 6.5% for the year.
    £2 coin savers club: £1.49
    Official DFW Nerd Club: Member no. 047
  • Elljay_2
    Elljay_2 Posts: 606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    vix2000 wrote:
    just missed my anniversary offer from egg (31 Jan). Wondered if anyone has had any 0% offers outside anniversary months. Have had 0 balance for ages. Also what do you say when you phone up and ask? Thanks
    I haven't had a 0% outside of my anniv offer but at the moment they are advertising 1.9% until 01July with a 2.5% fee. Not that good! If you ring themask them that you're thinking of doing a BT what would their rate be? Then say "Oh no that is higher than I'd hoped, could you make a better offer?" see what they say. I fyou don't ask....
    Good Luck. I for one hate ringing up and asking!
  • vix2000
    vix2000 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for the advice. Will try and pluck up courage to ring!!!!(wimp)
  • paradoxia
    Options
    Any recent experiences with Lloyds TSB anyone?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure