Unoffical Existing Customer Balance Transfers

Options

Comments

• paradoxia
    Options
    voodoozoe wrote:
    My balance has been clear since August, I started by asking CS if there were any offers for existing customers...was told only for new...said I wanted to cancel card and was put through to retentions. Was asked some questions and was basically told they could not offer me anything...would I like to go ahead and cancel the card. I said I'd better think about it and asked her to confirm what my credit limit was and they've increased it to 8k from 7k without telling me but can't offer me anything:eek:

Try phoning them again and see if they tell you any different or the same I always try to play them off against what is said on the forums, don't ask the first advisor about deals just mention you want to cancel as they are not competitive enough for your business needs, reason being when they hand over the call to rententions they will inform them that you are enquiring about deals rather than being serious about closing the account.
  • voodoozoe
    Options
    I'll try that another day as I'm exhausted from trying to barter with Halifax and Abbey and moaning at Legal And General today!!!!

One thing about when I rang Lloyds...she asked me for my bank account details and I told her I had recently changed banks. She seemed to be under the impression that I had an a/c with Lloyds and did lots of huffing and puffing when I said I didn't have it any more...but maybe i am just being paranoid!!!
    Laughing at my ancient signature...voodoobaby now 10 years old:eek:

• jnd
    jnd Posts: 453 Forumite
    edited 15 June 2013 at 12:32PM
    Options
  • bona
    bona Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    i need to do a balance transfer to a bank account as soon as possible. the interest rate on my overdraft is high.

does anyone on here know for sure from previous experience whether i can transfer money to my egg card from my hsbc credit card and by effectively overpaying and putting the egg card in credit i can then use the credit balance on my egg card and transfer it to my bank account:question: it would be like using the egg card as a "middleman"

i don't want to ask egg this question. ;) as with barclaycard years ago, i was a few quid in credit and i was not allowed to do a balance transfer onto th card until a few days later when they'd transferred the credit balance to my current account. this was frustrating as i wanted to do the balance t/f asap. :rolleyes2

the reason i want to do this is i think i can get a good deal on a balance transfer from my hsbc cc, but you cannot transfer the money into a bank account. i really need to save money on my bank overdraft. with a straight balance transfer to my egg card of my overdraft i cannot get a good off at present so would be paying egg's regular interest rate.

if i cannot put my egg card in credit first, i guess i will have to firstly pay off the few grand on my egg card by tranferring it to my hsbc c/c, then do a balance transfer to my egg card from my bank account at the regular rate, and then transfer the balance on the egg card to my hsbc c/c. this way will take an extra week or so and will cost me more interest. :sad: i'll do that if i have to.

to sum up i want to know if you can overpay the balance outstanding on an egg card by transferring it to another credit card and then transfer the credit balance on the egg card and transfer it to a bank account:question: :laugh:

i do hope that i have explained this properly. also apologies if i've posted this on the wrong board. :eek:
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just got 0% 'till July statement with 2% capped fee (£50 cap) with MBNA by calling the rates team
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GunJack wrote:
    Just got 0% 'till July statement with 2% capped fee (£50 cap) with MBNA by calling the rates team

Do they have a special number? and are they available at the weekend?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    CS gave me a direct freephone number, they are there office hours and Sat mornings 'till 13:00.

number i was given was 0800 783 1116

HTH
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a 9 month's 0% balance transfer with Lloyds American Express, which ends this month. The balance has already been cleared using a new BT with the Britannia. I phoned up on Friday to close the account. When I was asked why, I explained as the balance was now zero, I had no further use of the account. I was asked if I had any o/s balances on cards. I replied yes, knowing full well the card in question is always cleared at the end of the month. I was offered 0% for 6 months, or 1.9% for 12 months. I asked how long the offer was open for, and was told 2 weeks. He is phoning me on Tuesday morning, at which time I will know how much is o/s on the current card. Actually, I am going to BT the max I can, which is £3800, and put my card in credit, but that won't be for very long.
  • pudding06
    pudding06 Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know what barclaycards existing customers bt rates are? I thought I saw something about it being 6.9% and since the card I want to bt from is at min 22.5% that would be great for now.

also capital one mastercard.

I've been offered 2.9% from mbna so I'll bt some of it onto there and bt the rest to bc and cap 1 so long as its not worse that the worst card!!!! I dont want to ring them (for various reasons)but wanted to know the standard offers if possible.

can anyone help?

pudds
    August 2009 grocery challenge £172.64/,,,,,

no point in doing grocery challenges, have no money left over to eat :0/
  • gavinmurray
    Options
    wrote:
    I recently got a Barclaycard under the infamous 0% offer and transfered my balance from my LloydsTSB card.

LloydsTSB called the other day to say they had noticed my balance had reduced alot (funny that). I told them what I had done and they put me on hold for a while and came back and said I could have 1.9% on balance transfers for 12mths or 0% for 6.

Certainly a lot better than the 5.9% they tried to offer me before I explained what I had done. Don't think I can be bothered changing again now; the irony is if they had offered me the 6mths 0% up front I wouldn't have moved the balance to BC.

Why not take them up on the offer and BT the credit limit to another card with a £0 balance. Then close that £0 balance card and asked for the funds to be paid to your bank account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure