Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Official Race for Life 2007 thread

Options

Comments

• sarerb18
    sarerb18 Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Options
    When my mum died last year I made a pact with my sister. Mum had cancer three times.

I don't know any of you but if you want to donate my link is.

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/sarerdavis

I have just lost two stone with a lot more to go and have osteoarthritis but I'm doing it!

All your comments on here are very encouraging so thanks everyone.
    Good luck to you all.

sarer :A
  • sweetangel63
    Options
    after a tough few years. getting involved with a abusive partner who knocked my confidence to shreads. Losing my grandad 30th nov 05 and nan 30th 06. my best friend dad died 28th dec 06 after a long battle. My other nan had breast cancer twice and I have fancied doing the race for life for a few years now. I have joined to do the race for life on the 26th June. in Stafford...
    My best friend had lukemia when she was a child and i am doing this for them as well as a personal acheivement in my self...

angela x
    next £500
    loan £1800
    marks more card £850
    barclaycard £850
    [STRIKE]gratten £102[/STRIKE]
    littlewoods £127
    virgin £2000
    nationwide £350 overdraft
    lloyds £750 overdraft

all interest frozen for next 6months

paid to date in 2007

[strike]nationwide credit card £600[/strike]
    [strike]lloyds credit card £480[/strike]
    [strike]
    adams store card £856
    [/strike]
  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm doing my first race for life this year. I lost my aunty to breast cancer some years ago and shortly before Christmas last year my dad was diagnosed with throat cancer so it means a lot to me to run this. I know my dad is really keen for me to get fit and lose weight too so he's happy that I've signed up for more than one reason.

Anyhow, I know everyone's sponsoring someone already but here's my page none the less: http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/molanole

Good luck everyone!
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • arnie&caseysma!
    Options
    My step-mum is doing R4L this year for my dad's aunt who was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She was rushed into hospital at the weekend as her white blood cell count has gone down to just about zero and she had to get into isolation PDQ. Thankfully she is ok after that and getting the treatment she needs....

.......just going to work out my shifts to see if there's any I can do this year!
    "Life may not always be the party you wish for, but whilst here you may aswell dance"!!!
    Murphy's NMPC Memb No 239!
    Dippychick's De-clutter club Member No 6! - onto room no 2!
    My Avatar? Arnie and Casey, proud parents to Storm and Tsu born 19/01/2009!!! - both now in new homes and called Murron and Burger!
  • arnie&caseysma!
    Options
    Well, thats me just signed up for one of them, turns out I can run the same one as my step-mum and so I have just signed up and done my sponsor page........now to get training!!!!!

Wish me luck - and good luck to everyone else out there taking part!
    "Life may not always be the party you wish for, but whilst here you may aswell dance"!!!
    Murphy's NMPC Memb No 239!
    Dippychick's De-clutter club Member No 6! - onto room no 2!
    My Avatar? Arnie and Casey, proud parents to Storm and Tsu born 19/01/2009!!! - both now in new homes and called Murron and Burger!
  • Rai
    Rai Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,

This will be my first Race, wanted to do 'something' in memory of my sister who died 2nd March 2007 of oesophageal cancer.

Bit nervous, very unfit, but reading everyones posts here I'm starting to really look forward to it!

Just tried clicking on a few sponsor pages links and can't get into any of them - is it just me? Hope so or there might be a lot of folk missing out on donations tonight :(

I built a mini website to try and encourage more donations not sure it'll help but I tried! :)

http://www.racingforthem.co.uk

Sponsor page proper is http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/raiwildwood

Hope you all have a fab day whenever and wherever - GOOD LUCK!

Rai xxx
  • sarerb18
    sarerb18 Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Options
    Yes having trouble with the links for sponsoring please I keep getting
    The system cannot find the path specified.
    Sarer:confused:
  • krayzechick
    krayzechick Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    I'm doing the Cheltenham race this year for the 3rd time. I lost my nan in November to Lung cancer.

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/rachelchick

my best friend is also racing in Stafford. She lost her mum in Sept 05, her nan in May 04 and her other nan only last month. her page is http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/lizita
  • dexters_mum_2
    Options
    Hiya Krayzechick, I'm also doing the Cheltenham race, for my mum's friend, she has terminal breast cancer, so proud to have been asked to do it.

This is my first race and I've just joined a gym to get fit to do it.
    £2 Coin Savers Club (Christmas)- £86
    £1 Jar (Christmas)- £29
    Christmas Vouchers Saved: £145
  • krayzechick
    Options
    Hiya Krayzechick, I'm also doing the Cheltenham race, for my mum's friend, she has terminal breast cancer, so proud to have been asked to do it.

This is my first race and I've just joined a gym to get fit to do it.

Morning or afternoon?

Chelt race is really good... its in the middle of gorgeous scenery too which makes it so much better!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport