We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Asda Delivery slot...

Options

Comments

• happyinflorida
    Options
    Tesco are also terrible - I would not use them ever again.

Asda can be bad, but I have used them again as some things from them are excellent value and good quality!

Sainsburys can be good and Waitrose, but they've changed their website and I find the new one awful to use!

I love bargains, so I tend to shop at most, except Tesco now - they are the worst for high prices and bad quality, in my opinion!

I would ask the store manager for a £25 voucher towards your next shop as compensation for the fact that this has totally mucked up your week almost! Your delivery slot was missed, that should be £5 to £10 compo, then they didn't send any of your freezer goods, that's another £5-10 compo and then you asked for them to be sent early the next morning as you were meant to be having a family day out and that got sabotaged by them as well as you were left waiting for just a phone call, so £25 is actually very reasonable or would they prefer you to send a complaint letter to the CEO of Asda?!! Good luck!
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I must say having read these forums, I'm reluctant to even use home deliveries, from any company, for my foodstuffs. It's a shame as I don't have a car and, run efficiently, should be a very attractive proposition.
  • Frittered_Away
    Options
    I always found Sainsburys to be pretty good the few times I used them :)
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    I always found Sainsburys to be pretty good the few times I used them :)
    I used sainsburys when I had a £15 off first shop and I was really really impressed, they gave me a one hour time slot and no substitutions at all.

If I could afford to take the risk that they might sub with more expensive items (they don't price match and I'm on a really tight budget and need to know exactly how much my shopping will be) then I would use them again.
  • Frittered_Away
    Options
    looby75 wrote: »
    I used sainsburys when I had a £15 off first shop and I was really really impressed, they gave me a one hour time slot and no substitutions at all.

If I could afford to take the risk that they might sub with more expensive items (they don't price match and I'm on a really tight budget and need to know exactly how much my shopping will be) then I would use them again.

Yes, I did have the odd substitution which was more expensive but in general they brought me pretty much everything I needed, compared to the actual store which seemed to run out of stuff beyond midday! :o
  • elff
    elff Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    looby75 wrote: »

You can always refuse the sub'ed item ?
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    I must say having read these forums, I'm reluctant to even use home deliveries, from any company, for my foodstuffs. It's a shame as I don't have a car and, run efficiently, should be a very attractive proposition.

but, like with most things mentioned on here, you only ever hear about the bad cases, most of which would be enough to put anyone off home shopping. there are thousands of people who use home shopping who would be completely happy with the service, but you don't hear from them (mostly) on forums
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    elff wrote: »
    You can always refuse the sub'ed item ?
    yeah but it defeats the point of doing an online shop if I then have to pay bus fares to go to another supermarket to replace anything I've refused.
  • titannia101
    titannia101 Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    I've used Asda every couple of months for a few years and only had one late delivery - and that was just before Xmas when they also forgot my frozen food. Apart from that I've been really pleased with them.
    Tried and gave up with both Tesco and Sainsburys deliveries - rarely had what I wanted and really odd substitutes. Service probably depends on your local delivery store.
  • starlight_xx
    starlight_xx Posts: 681 Forumite
    Options
    Asda dont charge extra if they substitute with dearer items, they charge you the lower price
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport