Asda Delivery slot...

Options
Just had a call from Asda man.... delivery slot i booked 10-12 when's he comming... erm he said i'm not sure i have at least 4 to do before you and the next ones in woking about 8 miles away so wont be until at least quater past one!!! now i have to go to the shops to get lunch for the kids as i am all out of everything as it ordered a massive shop If i had known earlier i could have nipped up the road whilst hubby was getting ready for work... now i will have to drag 4 kids with me who are all starving apprentley and i have run of milk for my coffee ;( great....Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ring customer services...last time they did that to us they refunded our delivery charges plus a little in the way of an apology as well..
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • elff
    elff Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    So delivery has turned up 1/2 hour late (not a big deal really just annoying) without any of my frozen food...

Driver very standoffish saying nothing to do with me call the number call the number... so i did they wont refund the delivery charge (£5.50)and said they would refund my frozen food shopping.... erm hang on I ORDERED it for a reason....

So my frozen food will now be delivered 'somtime' this evening - couldn't be narrowed down i did ask to avoid the kids bedtime but she couldn't agree to that... great

I still have to drag 4 kids out to the shops (dd has her friend round) as i promised them ice cream which wasn't bloody delivered....!!!
  • missminx
    missminx Posts: 947 Forumite
    Options
    Make a written complaint to them. They take more notice of that. Being late is inconvenient, but the frozen food thing is very annoying. Maybe you should go to an alternative supermarket this evening for your frozen food, would be a shame if you weren't home when Asda came after all... you weren't to know when they would arrive. (Maybe I just feel evil today :o)
    Ps Tesco once had to ring me because they had lost their driver and were trying to work out how far he had got! Fortunately, he had already been to me.
    Still looking for the plot...... Anyone seen it???
  • elff
    Options
    I take it they wont leave food here if i do pop out? - I have 2x5yr olds and 2 x 2yr ols today so could have really done without going to the shops (cost me a fortune in magazines apples and drinks) as well as i only have the 'big' buggy which dosn't go round the local shop so have to leave the twins in the buggy outside with their sister shouting at me from the entrance.....

I foolishly promised them icecream this morning.... so will now have to walk up the road to get some....

Deep breathe ..... and carry on
  • elff
    Options
    So its 21:55 and still no shopping.....

Called the number and was told my order is still being 'processed' and they will call me back, can't see it being delivered tonight.

So i guess that means we will be waiting around in case it turns up tomorrow....
  • elff
    Options
    2 calls back and i am still no nearer knowing when my shopping will be delivered even after speaking to 2 lovley south africans ;) who had nice voices but always ' had to refere to their collegue and call me back'

Now i just want to go to bed but am waiting for them to speak to somone and call me back to arrange a delivery slot (I said early tomorrow as we were planning to go out 0 but they need to check with the store)..... surley shopping online is suppose to reduce the hassle.. I am beginning to think shopping with twins and a 5 yr old isn't so bad after all....
  • SUESMITH_2
    SUESMITH_2 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    Options
    i had a very similar experience to you, and that one of the reasons i don't use them anymore, actually i did give them another shot and it wasn't much better - only a few mins late but with without the things on offer, or i should say half of each offer item so the offers didn't kick in.
    'We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time
  • elff
    Options
    Just had a call from the 'help' desk to say somone will call me tomorrow?? to arrange redelivery -great

So i am guessing its not going to be delivered early morning as i requested then and our 'family day out' will be making tent's in the garden until the shopping turns up....

Thanks ASDA
  • elff
    Options
    10.00 and no phone call or shopping.... Hubby has taken the kids to the park - but i can't go in case somone phones....
  • elff
    Options
    Phoned at 1130 ... somone will call me back.....

Called again at 12:25... somone will call me back.....

Still no shopping and i am seriously doubting it will appear today - We are waiting to go out but i am still sitting waiting for a call... ;(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure