PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

OS Wednesday 13 December 2006

Options

Comments

• comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    ((((HUGS)))) Lisa xxxx
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Excuse any spelling mistakes - Big Cat is trying to pat my fingers as I type - don't know what's got into him over the last few days but he's acting all kittenish and patting everything in sight - including the christmas tree....he even brought me in a present last night - was still half alive too - lovely!

The house has been dusted and hoovered all through (the advantage of living in a bungalow), bathrooms had a swipe, kitchen is clear and tidy and just waiting for the WM to finish.

Need to make Christmas cards for DD''s, DH and my parents so will fire up the dvd player and watch something suitably christmassy whilst I do so.

Had to scrub the BM out yesterday - we'd had a 4 hour power cut the night before and I forgot I'd got bread dough in there - result yesterday morning....one very gloopy sticky mess that had all risen over the sides of the machine.

Got a couple of pairs of trousers to take in for me (god knows why, all I seem to be eating lately is chocolates) and whislt the machine is out I might see if I can find a pattern to make DD's a new stocking each - I'm thinking one of the shoe/boot style ones...they both fell in love with one in Matalan but I refused to pay £7 each for them...I've got some red and blue satin fabric I'm sure there must be a pattern somewhere.....

Have a good day all.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • gingin_2
    gingin_2 Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Everyone :)

Feeling very yucky today, we all have some sort of bug on us and poor ds has struggled into school as pale as a ghost but he has his school play today and is the narrator so not really easy to replace with no notice especially as they are only 6 years old. Ds also has his christmas lunch today, he has packed lunches too which I guess cost me 60p max to make compared to the £1.75 for school meal of which the kids only ever seem to eat the pudding.

DD is wearing me down at night, she still wakes up at least twice in the night and is 3 in January. She is so sweet during the day and goes to bed really well but when she wakes up in the night she basically ends up booting OH out of bed and sleeping with me. I know we are guilty of letting it happen but we live in a modern terrace and our walls are so thin I can hear next door talking at night and I am paranoid about disturbing them by doing the controlled crying :o .

I am not really planning on doing too much today, some washing needs to be done, ebay parcels posted and a few more pressies to be wrapped and christmas cards to be written. Dinner tonight is a turkey stir fry, although I didn't remember when I bought the turkey that we would be eating a fair bit of it over the coming weeks :rolleyes:. Oh is going on about starting a little business sideline and wants to get me involved, he is a pretty talented Techie/Geek by trade and this involves using his skills and my time :rolleyes: to manage it but might help boost our Oz fund and needs no financial input so worth a try and we are going to look into this today.

Have a good day everyone and hugs to those that need them :)

Edit : Sorry Lisa, just read your post, that sound rotten, look after yourself.
  • cheerfulness4
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Late one for me today because I had a lay in. :D Dad came and took DS1 to work - he does most Wednesdays - so I got a lovely break to mosey on my pc surfing in my pjs.

Have no immediate plans today other than to eat the boiled egg and soldiers before me. :) Started with a bad back yesterday which is perfectly fine provided I don't try to move, so this just may be the excellent excuse to settle down with a Jill Mansell book and have a day off. Thank goodness I got the place ship shape yesterday.

Hugs to all those not feeling their best and especially to Quasar & Lisa
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    (((((((((Lisa))))))))))
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all

well I am in work, wishing i was at home snuggled up in my duvet!

Hugs for all those feeling down.

Better go as boss is back!
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Options
    Morning everybody :hello:

((((hugs)))) mrsmortonharket and also - cos I don't think I said so yesterday - ((((hugs)))) Quasar

Phone line is connected at home now (and I have now acquired an actual phone to plug into it) but I still can't get on the internet there as my dialup modem is bu99ered - it went some time ago and I blagged a plug-in one from a friend, but because at the old house I was using housemate's wireless broadband, I never bothered to install it, and now I have found that the driver is on a floppy disk and my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive :doh: - I meant to bring the floppy into work with me this morning and copy it onto a CD but I forgot :doh:

Hope to get back onto broadband a.s.a.p. anyway, I've been making enquiries on the MSE Internet Access board, and I'm glad I did, it would appear that the "big names" (which I would automatically have headed for) may be much worse value for money than the smaller companies.

I met another of my neighbours last night, a girl who lives upstairs with her 5 year old son. She seemed really nice and I was glad to talk to her, because she was one of the first to move into the block and so has had a bit of experience of dealing with the managing agents and sorting out teething trouble in her flat.

hgbels - whereabouts in Central London are you working now, and how far do you have to come in from? There are loads of people here who can give good advice on fitting in OS around commuting...

Speaking of which, I almost plucked up the courage to walk to work this morning - but chickened out when walking past the third bus stop from home, as the bus pulled up... :o I MUST WALK TO WORK. It's less than three miles, almost in a straight line, and I'm getting fat from lack of exercise :o It would also be good to get the fresh air in the mornings - yep I know, walking through inner South-East London doesn't exactly provide fresh air, but you know what I mean!

Annnyway, I MUST think of something to cook this evening. It's my last chance to do a batch of something before the weekend, as I'm going to a Christmas party tomorrow and a concert on Friday.

See you later, love Rzl xx :wave:
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all,

Seems to be the day for feeling down. Lisa - so sorry to hear about your DH, I hope he finds something else soon. It's awful when these things happen just before Christmas.

I'm also feeling a bit down. Went back to the optician's who agreed with what I thought was wrong but doc didn't and wants me to try a different treatment but so far it has made no difference to my eye, in fact it seems to be a bit worse.

After a good weekend OS has gone a bit out the window so I must try to make an effort today. Just w**k to get through first.

Sue
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

We used to have a budgie who was in love with Reginald Bosenquet (he read the News at 10 in the 1970s).

"Here is the news" *BONG* who's a pretty boy then
    "Read by Reginald Bosenquet" *BONG* hello, hello, hello
    "Today in Scunthorpe.........." Smokey wants a biscuit, Smokey wants a biscuit

He drove my Dad to distraction with his antics. I can still remember him shouting at the bird to shut up because he couldn't hear the news, but Smokey just joined in and thought it was great fun.
    xx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thats brightened my day!

Lisa - sorry you're feeling so down big hugs from me xxxx

Hugs also to all those(like me!) who are feeling cr*p xx and to Quasar on her loss xx

Still suffering with my sinus's and a cough.Having a sickie today and not into work till Saturday so hope I can shift it a bit by then.

Plans for today are to finish tidying lounge
    pop into town to do a couple of jobs. might treat myself to a latte;)
    Mince pie making
    write list for xmas food shopping
    read more of the TWG

Have a good day all and take care xx
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    morning all well made it back from lakeside it was empty and opened at 9am i dont think people realise yet BHS had half price of sweets and 20% off other xmas bits but i just looked and didnt buy which is a change from other years just realised that the kids didnt need any more
    mrs morton harkett hope you feel better soon thats a really horrid to happen near xmas but as they say maybe a new door will open in the new year
    will start wrapping presents today as i always say i wont be sitting there on xmas eve at 1 am still wrapping
    have a good day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family