PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Wednesday 13 December 2006

Options

Comments

• Penny_Watcher
    Options
    Morning OSers :santa2:

We've had the awful 'Pass it On' chest infection in the house over the last week or so. Things have really gone to pot :o

DD2 is going back to school today so life should get back onto an even keel.

Sorry about Charlie, Quasar. It's awful to loose a pet.

We used to have a budgie who was in love with Reginald Bosenquet (he read the News at 10 in the 1970s).

"Here is the news" *BONG* who's a pretty boy then
    "Read by Reginald Bosenquet" *BONG* hello, hello, hello
    "Today in Scunthorpe.........." Smokey wants a biscuit, Smokey wants a biscuit

He drove my Dad to distraction with his antics. I can still remember him shouting at the bird to shut up because he couldn't hear the news, but Smokey just joined in and thought it was great fun.

Today I really need to sort out the Christmas lists for the Littlies and send the Christmas cards. We've lost a whole week in Christmas planning with various of us being ill and FIL's ladyfriend passing away. (How very inconvenient of her :( )

Immediate plans are

Make DD2 get out of bed.
    Make packed lunch for DS1 - he told me last night that I need not put Morrisons crisps in his lunch as he won't eat them. My reply was "Well you can flippin' do without then." Kids!!
    School run.
    Wait for TV repair man to ring.
    Tackle The Ironing Mountain (BTW I have ironed my last school shirt until next year - sad I know - but I was very pleased :o )

And I must do a proper shop. I've been very bad, buying convenience food whilst we've been ill, but I MUST get back on track :D

Have a good day everyone. Christmas hugs to all.

PW
    xx

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone!!
    Big hugs Quasar xx

No packed lunches to do today, as the kids are having their xmas dinner at school, its the only day i let them have a school dinner as i think the prices are silly!!:mad:

DH just gone to work, he is really loving his new job and is so much happier now, hes even looking forward to xmas !!LOL, He normally dreds it!! Because of the money we spend, but he is really impressed how well we have done this year thatnks to MSE.:j

Not alot else planned today, dont have to post sisters pressies as she phoned last night to say she is coming over next thursday for the night.
    So may have to get into the xmas spirt early:beer:

Have a great day everyone
    Donna
    xx
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Morning all!

Quasar, sorry to hear about Charlie.

Penny Watcher, I will iron my last school shirts for the year tomorrow - a momentous day! Especially so as DS started at high school this year so needs white shirts rather than bliue polo shirts.

Off to w*** today, which will be my last day "over the wolds" for the year. I've bought the people at the venue we use a box of chocs, and need to write a card.......................... card now in my briefcase to write later.

Did loads of last minute shopping on line last night while DH sorting out the children. Think that's about 15 on-line orders for me this christmas.

DD is singing in the school choir tonight. Looking forward to it.

Have a great day, all.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Amanda666
    Options
    morning all :hello:

((((hugs))) Quasar - sorry to hear about Charlie. I too like Snowy used Harrow as my local shopping venue, living just up the road in Wealdstone :) The thought of St Annes shopping centre and the big Next brought a :D to my face this morning.

Off to the dentists today before work, so I have the chance to do a few things at home first.
    Had a good talk to OH last night about how I have been feeling so I think that things are a little better now, he agrees with you all that I need to start doing things for me and maybe I should let go a little of the purse strings ( we are debt free but I seem to have a problem with shopping - i hate it :D )

Well need to sort the recycling, make my pack up and see to the cat.
    Wrote my Xmas cards last night so just need to post them. Have th ewrapping as tonights project as I have two lots to post ( but they both need letters done ) and then I can forget about it till the fresh food shop next Friday :)

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) to all,
    Has anyone seen Queenie lately ??

Have a great day

X :wave: X
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Have DD and DSs school concert today, i have to watch both the infants and then the juniors (both mine are juniors, but you cant just come in for the one play), but its ok, cos ive looked after quite a lot of children from all the years, so they always get excited when they see me in the audience, which is really nice. DS is playing 'frost' and DD is 'hail', and came home looking like extras from a Kiss video last night, so will be nice to see why they are looking like Alice Cooper!!!!

dlb - our christmas school dinner is tomorrow, and like you, its the only day they have it, i would be paying £17.50 a week for school dinners if they went, and seeing our food budget for us is about £25 - £30 a week, i cant afford to be paying more than half on school meals, that half the time i know they wont be eating!!!! Like a lot of you on here, its lovely when my children turn around and say something ive cooked is better than shop bought.

Hopefully little ones dad might come and do some more to my downstairs toilet, but not sure as he wasnt well yesterday. Only have the one little one today, and she is going in the special school creche whilst im watching the play, she goes every year and normally enjoys it, although this year i am a bit worried as she has started crying whenever i leave her at her Nursery, so i hope she will be ok today.
    Right, i can hear movement from upstairs, so better make sure they are both up.
    Hope everyone has a lovely day,
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • hgbels
    hgbels Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Hugs to those who are feeling under the weather today.

I'm just taking a quick chance to catch up while the littlies watch Noddy, so I am still sat in my pjammas.

I started a new job this week in central london, so am making the most of my day off by doing nothing. the job should eventually be 2 days a week :j which is why I am prepared to commute.

Not quite sure how o/s is going to fit into the new regime, but we do at least have a fridge and a microwave in the office.

As I know quite a few of you live and work in London I keep looking at everyone in the office - especially the ones with the nice looking pack ups for lunch.

Anyway another toddler party to go to day

Hels
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone :hello:

Can't stay long as I haven't had my brekkie and I'm "hank marvin" (starving) as DH would put it! It's only my normal branflakes, but still.......

:j :j Most of my items are selling on Ebay! 7 out of the 8 will be sold (if not the 8/8), which is fantastic as I get rid of them AND get money for them. There's even been a bidding war on one of them and it's now up to £3.21! :beer: :rotfl: They're only text books from my course, so it's nothing too amazing! I'm actually impressed that they're selling at this time of year.

I've also listed a few things on Amazon yesterday. I'll see how that goes, but I thought that I may as well try these things!

I've got a representative from the letting agent coming round to do their check-up on the house. We still haven't had the bathroom window fixed, but that's down to the landlord not wanting to spend the cash to fix it :mad:. It's been mentioned in the last 3 visits, so maybe number 4 and he'll take notice. Is there anything else we could do, do you think?

I'll go for another walk today as it was so nice yesterday. I felt that I'd really done some good, even if it wasn't very far. DH and I are also planning on doing a walk at Rutland Water on Saturday morning before heading off to watch my boys play rugby :D.

See you all later. :wave:

Vicky
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • Crazychik
    Crazychik Posts: 1,994 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All - Hope we are well

W**k later, not sure if I'll be staying later than usual. I did offer but no response as of yet. 1 girl's still off sick.

WM & TD allready on.

Ex will be fetching kids from school 2day, its his turn to watch DD nativity play, he'll be going with his parents, as they are over from Birmingham for a few days.

OH has decided to go for another car. Cant remember if Ive said, his 1 broke down, mechanic has now diagnosed he need a new engine, manage to get a re-condition 1 for £400. Its not worth spending that amount on it, considering he only brought it or £700 a yr ago. Oh well - in the mean time - he will have to continue to walk to work. :)

Not much else to report Im afraid, so will leave it here for now
    Take care & love as usual
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • jellycat40
    Options
    Morning to all, not had a proper chance to read all the posts but hugs to Q and PP.

Off to watch DD3 in a carol service today - she is playing the tambourine!

Will post again later - but feeling very low today and not up to much.

Hugs to all

Louise
    Nobody is perfect - not even me.
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    sorry not been posting for ages. Have been lurking though.

My dh has been made redundant. Its a big con in his company. Another company dh won a contract with weren't happy & wanted someone to pay. That someone is my dh. I am very angry. He will get another job but thats not the point/ 11 years there for nothing & we moved half way across the world for them & then relocated back home in a different part of the uk from where we are from.

My depression has returned with a vengance. I am now on a very high dose of seroxat. I honestly cannot cope.

I can just about make it out the door to work.

Sorry to come on a whinge. I just needed an outlet.

love & hugs to all

Lisa x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family