been ripped off by e2save, who to contact?

Options

Comments

• MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    anskills wrote:
    please dont turn this into a long e2save slagging thread, just post up any info that will be useful in my scenario.

To be honest mate, I have had a few contracts with E2Save and have never had a problem (touch wood).....

This might sound harsh (its not meant to) but I have little sympathy for people who don't get their cashback because for 99% of people it is their own fault.

For info, I suggest everyone have a look at my post HERE

M
  • gowgowuk
    Options
    MORPH3US wrote:
    This might sound harsh (its not meant to) but I have little sympathy for people who don't get their cashback because for 99% of people it is their own fault.

M

Ok then, could you explain whose fault it is when their cashback leaflet is saying send bills nr 6,8,10 and 12 and their Help desk webpage is saying send bills Nr7,9,11,and 13! There are enough examples here of cashback being rejected for people who are doing exactly the right thing according to one of their T&Cs (or another!)
  • MORPH3US
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gowgowuk wrote:
    Ok then, could you explain whose fault it is when their cashback leaflet is saying send bills nr 6,8,10 and 12 and their Help desk webpage is saying send bills Nr7,9,11,and 13! There are enough examples here of cashback being rejected for people who are doing exactly the right thing according to one of their T&Cs (or another!)

You replied to my post before I managed to get back and edit it. :D:D

Have a look at the link in my post above. I think that my 2nd point should answer what to do in that question.

As I said above, my post might seem harsh and it wasn't intended to... I am not saying E2Save et al are perfect, they make it bloody hard (nigh on impossible) to get cashback because they want our money.... but what I meant when I said its peoples own fault, is that people don't do enough to protect them selves and don't use their common sense.

I always submit my claims expecting trouble from these companies, expecting them trying to trick me in any way possible, so I do everything to protect myself.

As with all things in life, if I am not sure about something I ask for clarification, so thats what I would do in your case....

M
  • gowgowuk
    Options
    MORPH3US wrote:
    You replied to my post before I managed to get back and edit it. :D:D

Have a look at the link in my post above. I think that my 2nd point should answer what to do in that question.

M

Yes, it's very useful, thanks! I'll start by sending them a letter to try to have written clarification on which bill I need to send (which for me is still a bit dubious).
  • rash.m2k
    rash.m2k Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MORPH3US wrote:
    To be honest mate, I have had a few contracts with E2Save and have never had a problem (touch wood).....

M

Waaooh there buddy. I agree with you that 99% of the time it is the peoples fault.

BUT NOT THIS TIME! and heres why,

on their website when you log in under 'My Account' it says (and I quote) 'Send bill dated Nov 2006'

And then on their cashback calculator it asks you for (again I quote) 'Date you received the phone:'

BOTH PLACES IT SAYS SEND IN NOVEMBER BILL! And that what I did!:mad:

Are you telling me this is my fault??????? :mad:

I think not! E2save have really screwed this up this time!:mad:
  • JasonLVC
    JasonLVC Posts: 16,762 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MORPH3US wrote:

M
    I heartily agree with you up to a point. I;ve been using e2save for both myself and wife's phones for about 4-5 years now and never had a cashback problem until now.

Looking at you top tips post - item 5 (chase the cashback) have done and being ignored. Tip 6 write to them, have done so and no response/ignored. They still haven;t paid the automatic cashback due in August and they keep fobbing me off about cheques taking 90 days to print(?!). That's even before you get to the debate about which month to send in.

My documents say send 4th bill from date phone received, but helpline are telling me it is 4th bill from date phone was purchased. As I bought phone on last day of the month, I recevied it the next day/next month - so I am right with regard which bill to send in, it is just that they have a different set of rules to me. I've sent evidence off to them, copies of the documents and had no reply and this was at the end of November so they clearly just have no intention of paying up.

I've no problem with playing hard ball with people who get the process wrong, but have a BIG issue when I get the same ignorant treastment when they are at fault, I have evidence to prove it and they don;t want to know.

E2save are definately NOT going to be getting my business in future.
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
  • MORPH3US
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rash.m2k wrote:
    Waaooh there buddy. I agree with you that 99% of the time it is the peoples fault.

BUT NOT THIS TIME! and heres why,

on their website when you log in under 'My Account' it says (and I quote) 'Send bill dated Nov 2006'

And then on their cashback calculator it asks you for (again I quote) 'Date you received the phone:'

BOTH PLACES IT SAYS SEND IN NOVEMBER BILL! And that what I did!:mad:

Are you telling me this is my fault??????? :mad:

I think not! E2save have really screwed this up this time!:mad:

Sorry, I don't know the exact details of your complaint against E2Save, but if what you are saying is correct (i.e. both places said send November bill) and when you sent that bill you were told it was too late (?) then they are obviously in the wrong.

As long as you have proof that both places said to send Novembers bill then you will be fine, start at step 5 on my linked post (I assume you have already done this) and work down to small claims court threats if necessary.

Good luck

M
  • MORPH3US
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JasonLVC wrote:
    Looking at you top tips post - item 5 (chase the cashback) have done and being ignored. Tip 6 write to them, have done so and no response/ignored.

How do you mean your phone calls were ignored?

JasonLVC wrote:
    I've no problem with playing hard ball with people who get the process wrong, but have a BIG issue when I get the same ignorant treastment when they are at fault, I have evidence to prove it and they don;t want to know.

See step 7. Sometimes its the only way to win these types of war.

M
  • JasonLVC
    JasonLVC Posts: 16,762 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ignored not probably best word. Calls were answered but got the standard "'puter says no" response - despite my letters/proof/pleading.

I will be going down the small claims route (done it before with B&Q, Dixons, etc - all shops I don't use anymore) and I'll also be inviting the Leicester Mercury (local paper) to come and watch the proceedings. That'll teach 'em to mess with me!.
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well my phone calls are definitely being ignored. I can get no further than 'sorry but our computer shows you have a Virgin contract and not an Orange contract and unless you can confirm that your contract is with Virgin we can't help'. As my contract is with Orange I've asked them to double check their records and all they say is someone will call me back as they can't help me, yet no one calls.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure