been ripped off by e2save, who to contact?

Options

Comments

• gamma
    gamma Posts: 763 Forumite
    Options
    We should start a forum to name and shame the cashback companies that way people won't be fobbed off and we will know who to go to next! Bet they will put the lawyers on us for a cease and desist!
  • gowgowuk
    Options
    eagleeye wrote:
    Stay away from cpw group at the moment as they have started messup with the cash back system.

Have been hesitating for a long long time and after carefully reading this forum and others, came to the conclusion that cpw group and e2save in particular was the safest bet! Well, I hope i won't regret my move (bought a phone from them 2 weeks ago).
  • JasonLVC
    JasonLVC Posts: 16,762 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rash.m2k wrote:
    jabi29 and d.ylan I also have the same problem! I sent the 'Bill Dated November' like it said to on my account on their website.

Now they are saying exactly the same thing - you sent the wrong bill!

Lemme know how you guys get on.

I am annoyed at this!!!!!!!!! Only chose them cos you coud check whenyou need to send your bills in and they can't even get that right! I'm gona stick with Onestop now!

Same problem for me too. Call centre staff useless and just lie to you to get you off the phone. Written letters to CPW, e2save and Dumbstone and no responses to any of them. Small claims action being submitted today, so will try that route.

It appears they've changed the rules of the game but not told anyone and clearly have no leg to stand on legally, but are just hoping most folks will go away defeated. We need to take a stand against these fraudsters!!!.
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
  • JasonLVC
    JasonLVC Posts: 16,762 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here's the web link to the leicester County Council trading standards website.

http://www.leics.gov.uk/new_servicepagestheme.htm?initial=&pid=401&theme=T1
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
  • rash.m2k
    rash.m2k Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just rang the up today and they said you need to send a letter to head office - with evidence.

their address is on the e2save website - look at the bottom of the page for 'jobs' and instead of the guys name write

Headoffice
    Appeals Dept.
    E2save.com.....
  • gowgowuk
    gowgowuk Posts: 409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, me again,
    I just had a quick look at their online helpdesk "which bills should I send" calculator and I swear it changed in the past week or 2, and it seems wrong to me! I got my phone in December (first week) and my first bill on the 9th of december. According to their T&C AND their cash leaflet, I should send my 6th bill, which will be my May 2007 Bill. yet, using their "online calculator" I have this:
    "For Gift value over £100 you should send the following airtime bills to us: June 2007, August 2007, October 2007, December 2007 within one month of the bill date stated on the bill". I think I'm not going to wait until it's too late and ask them in writing what exactly is the right information!
  • Budfrog
    Budfrog Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    applehead wrote:
    They seem to have a problem when a contract is taken out at the very end of a month, so the 1st bill is not received until the beginning of the next month

The exact same thing has happened to me, this is the letter that I have sent (registered) and if I get no joy then it's off to the small claims court. Not sure what to do with the next CB application, send the 7th or 8th bill (probably both !!!)

Hello,

My complaint is against !!!!!!, a division of the Carphone Warehouse (who also trade as e2save.com).

I ordered a Sony k750i mobile phone on the Virgin network from !!!!!! on July 21st 2006. The phone arrived by Royal Mail Special Delivery and I have had no problems whatsoever with the Virgin service.

The contract with !!!!!! was for £30 per month to be paid by myself on the Virgin 30 tariff for a contract period of 12 months with a discounted line rental to be obtained as follows:

A credit of £51.00 to be raised automatically after 2 months.
    Three further cheques of £83.00 each to be paid upon presentation of the 4th, 8th and 12th airtime bills.

Firstly the initial credit of £51.00 has never been paid. I have sent the company 2 e-mails, 1 letter and made 3 telephone calls on the subject.
    As soon as I received my 4th airtime bill, I photocopied it and sent it directly to the phonespot.com by Royal Mail Special Delivery. The company acknowledged receipt of the bill. I have since received a letter informing me that I sent in the wrong airtime bill and that my application for cashback has been declined. The letter also informs me that I cannot send in the correct airtime bill as it is now more than 30 days since the bill was issued.

I was meticulously careful to send in the correct airtime bill and believe that !!!!!! are simply not honouring their part of the contract. I am still waiting for the initial payment of £51.00 which was due by the end of September 2006.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I am going to have the same problem. Got my new phone on 7th November 2006 and the letter with it says I need to send in bill 4, 8 and 12, yet the cashback vouchers say months 6, 8 10 and 12. I phoned up and was told to log in as my personal cheque back tarrif was contained in my order reference, that says send in bills dated Feb, June and October plus I'll get an automatic cheque back in December 2006.

I phoned again as someone at work bought a phone at the same time and pointed out that the general cashback terms said something different again, and I was told that my contract is different as I am with Virgin. However I am not with Virgin I am with Orange, but they say I can't be as their records clearly show my contract was a Virgin one. As I am quite sure my contract is Orange (I have the bills in front of me and the Printout of my order) they said I would need to speak to a supervisor who would phone me back within the next 72 hours.

There is no way I can comply with each and every cashback term they have quoted at me as they are mutually exclusive. Even their phone operatives can't help due to the fact they think I am with a different network to the one they sold me :confused:

I have therefore drafted a letter which I will send to 3R house in Loughborough recorded delivery saying that I will adhere to the cashback terms as per the details I get when I log into my account and if that is incorrect I will expect them to notify me. If they do not notify me I wonder if the letter would be enough to cover me if I need to take them to court?

This isn't the first time I've used e2save, but I can assure you it will be the last.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry, just a supplementary question. Are recorded delivery items sent to 3R House still going unsigned for? If so I'll have to send the letter special I suppose.

Thanks,

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Budfrog
    Budfrog Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Received my "You are too stupid to count to 4" letter 24 hours ago and the steam has only just stopped coming out of my ears ..... boy was I angry !!!

I was actually quite relieved to find this MB as with so many punters having the same sort of problems the likes of Trading Standards should take notice.

Like I said earlier I think that the Small Claims Court is probably where I will end up. I will just have to explain to them that the 4th airtime bill is sometimes the 3rd one, and so on ....

Over the past 24 Hrs I have kicked up as much dust as possible, BBC Watchdog, Money Mail, Virgin, Trading Standards, Carphone Warehouse, just about anyone who may listen.

It is just so frustrating to realise the lengths these lowlifes will go to in order to avoid honouring a legitimate contract.

Best of luck to everyone .... As they say in "Galaxy Quest" .... NEVER GIVE UP .... NEVER SURRENDER
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure