been ripped off by e2save, who to contact?

Options

Comments

• Derek_Duval
    Options
    So advice to anyone looking at buying from e2save, don't buy at the end of the month because they'll scam you. To be save don't buy after the 24th in a month.
    Next year we'll be millionaires!
  • Anic
    Anic Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My sister and I bought contract on 28th March and according to their invoice/"your offer explained leaflet", etc they state they want 4th, 8th and 12th bills.

We didn't even look at the table on the back of their chequeback voucher leaflet until I was going to send our first claim in. (I have just looked at E2saves website and notice that the chequeback leaflet has now changed - so I don't know if this will apply to those that have lost out or not).

According to their chequeback sheet if a phone was bought in March then they are looking to recive June bills but I only noticed this after recieving our 4th bill which was date 3rd July, which going by their leaflet was a month too late - andy they were actually wanting my third bill.

Anyway, I was panicing as I felt I had let my sister down as I had talked her into taking the contract and I was "going to try and keep her right" so I contacted trading standards to see where we stood and if we had any hope of getting our money. They confirmed that as the table on E2save's chequeback leaflet stated "example" date then they cannot insist on that bill as it would not apply to everybody and would depend on when in the month phones were actually bought. As they have stated elsewhere i.e "Your Offer Explained Leaflet" (and I think it did mention inside the chequeback leaflet) that they required the 4th, 8th and 12th bills then they should pay up on production of our July bills. They told me if I had any problems and E2save did not pay up then they would take the case up on our behalf.

I sent an accompanying letter and a copy of the "Your Offer Explained" Leaflet highlighting the section stating "4th, 8th and 12th bills to send" along with my bill stating why I had not sent the bill given in their example chart as it did not apply in my case. We both recieved our cheques without any problems.

Hopefully this might provide a bit of hope for some of you but as I said they have now changed their chequeback leaflet and don't have the actual calendar printed on the back so if you still have the old leaflet contact Trading Standards for advice and they should be able to back you up.
  • applehead_3
    Options
    Just taken this from their website :-

Phone purchased on or after 1st June 2005.
    We require your 4th, 8th and 12th monthly bills to arrive with us within 1 month of the date stated on the monthly bill (we accept photocopies)

Securely attach the appropriate chequeback vouchers 1, 2 or 3. These chequeback vouchers can be found in your Welcome Pack.

We advise you to send this by recorded delivery, to the following address:
    Redemptions
    P.O. Box 4311
    Dunstable
    LU6 9BJ

Remember to:
    Enclose the appropriate airtime bill.
    Post by recorded delivery.

The due amounts will be sent to you within 45 days of receipt of your claim.

It clearly states 4th bill, which is the bill we sent in, so will be on the phone tomorrow
  • nick1234
    nick1234 Posts: 283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i bought mine on the 24th of last month!!!

I have to send my first bill on the 6th as its a 12 month contact, im guessing u guys have a 18month contract?
  • bloodnok
    bloodnok Posts: 298 Forumite
    Options
    Bought mine on the 26th October. Connected on 27th.
    In the table on the back of the cheque back leaflet it says "What bill do I need to send in?"......."Month of purchase.......October..........4th month will be January.....8th month......May..........12th month.......September.
    That seems plain enough, but reading your comments, I'm getting worried.
    The 1st bill I received said....... bill date 27th October.
    Do I send in Jan, May, and Sept ?
    Any e2save employees read this forum ?
    Can you or anyone help us ?
    Thanks
    :confused::confused::confused:
  • anskills
    anskills Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    today, ive had a lengthy heated chat with cashback team, who crazily tried to implement all blame to me, for them wrongly issuing the first letter, and a staff member wrongly informing me to send in the following months bills. i set the record straight on those points and she subsequently agreed and advised me to write to the appeals team stating all the info. i also contacted customer services (as cashback team 'cant' issue me with a letter they previously sent) and im awaiting a call back. i suggest i wont receive this call back so will be back on the phone after 4pm this avo to try and get hold of this letter and strenghten my case. The advise i was given is to just send them the bills requested in your account details. i did this but have still ended up in a right mess.

p.s. no its a 12 month contract
  • anskills
    Options
    right, written a quite long winded letter now to send off tonight hopefully. will let you all know how i get on:

Dear Sirs,

I received a letter, dated 23rd November ‘06, stating my cashback for the second quarterly period of my contract had been declined as the “application was received outside of the time stated.”

I must express my shock and disappointment at this decision, and also state that this is the wrong assessment of my chequeback application. Please see below for my reasoning:

I purchased my contract through E2Save on the 30th of March 2006, with the deal comprising of a Sony w800i, 10 months free line rental and £80 cashback each quarterly period. Firstly, as can be seen on the letter attached your systems are wrong as they state that I have a Samsung D600 with 12 months free line rental, which is incorrect.

Secondly, I sent in my 4th Orange airtime bill, dated Jun-July ’06, as requested in my customer account area. I subsequently received a letter from E2save stating that I had sent in the wrong bill and was requested to send the following month’s bill in, dated July-Aug ’06. When I phoned to clarify this on 11th July 06, your employee Jared Nixon informed me that I was in actual fact to send in the bills dated July-Aug ‘06, Nov-Dec ’06 and Mar-Apr ’06. It was explained to me that this was due to the fact my contract was taken out on 30th March ‘06, and that Orange had added these 2 initial days to my first bill, which was issued as April-May ‘06. Therefore, in summarisation, I was to ignore the example table of bills to send in, and that each cashback period was to be put back by 1 month and that the E2save’s systems would be updated accordingly.

With the aforementioned in mind, I sent E2save my July-Aug ’06 airtime bill, as informed by two sources; E2save letter and Jared Nixon, and shortly after received a cheque for £80. Similarly, 4 months later I sent in my Nov-Dec ’06 bill, as requested, but have again received a letter stating this is incorrect. It is now that I have arrived at the unfortunate situation that my cashback has wrongly been declined.

This morning, 11-12-06, I spoke to your employee Mairead in the Belfast office, who upon checking my account and correspondence agreed that I had previously been misinformed by Jared Nixon and stated that I should have disregarded the letter I received in July ‘06. Moreover, Mairead suggested I write this letter as I should indeed be eligible for my cashback as E2save, as part of the Carphone Warehouse group, are actually at fault for the situation that has arisen. Either a mistake has been made when I was informed to send in revised dates of airtime bills, or your systems have not been updated and the dates still appear to be incorrect. Whichever the circumstances, I believe you will agree that I have acted correctly and in line with the terms in conditions agreed between us. Therefore, I request that a cheque is kindly issued to re-imburse me with the outstanding cashback.

I have discussed my situation with the Citizens Advice Bureau, who have strongly advised that I seek advice from the small claims court to recover the amounts outstanding, plus expenses for the time and effort I have had to input to resolve this scenario. I also note that Trading Standards may be interested in this case as the table issued, stating which bills to send in, is in actual fact listed as “8th bill example.” Example is defined as an item of information that is representative of a type, and is not contract specific in this instance. Therefore, this table is surely misleading and obviously is dependant on the details of each individual contract, as in actual fact my 8th bill issued from Orange is not the same as the “8th bill example”.

I hope we can sort this out amicably without me having to resort to the small claims court, but I must state that this will be my next action should my cashback still not be issued within the 45 days of me sending in my original claim, on 6th Nov ‘06. Consequently, I wish to receive the outstanding amount by 20th Dec ’06, or as soon as viably possible this month.

Please do not hesitate to contact on the number listed above, if you wish to discuss or require any further information.

Regards,
  • anskills
    Options
    result! didnt even have to send the letter! the second phone call went to a very helpful girl called mischa who personally contacted the correspondance dept and requested they call me to sort out E2saves mistake. 30 mins later i recieved a call and was informed my cheque would be here asap
  • g33za
    g33za Posts: 706 Forumite
    Options
    nice one congrats.

Here is something I think i will try in future next time I call them...

"Hi, before I say anything I would like to let you know for legal purposes I am recording this conversation... Can you please confirm your name, who you work for, the date and time of this call."

and at least this way they won't fob me off.
    ummm...
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    g33za wrote:
    nice one congrats.

Here is something I think i will try in future next time I call them...

"Hi, before I say anything I would like to let you know for legal purposes I am recording this conversation... Can you please confirm your name, who you work for, the date and time of this call."

and at least this way they won't fob me off.

Most call centres will refuse to talk to you if you are recording the call, double standards etc.

Cheers, Des.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport