been ripped off by e2save, who to contact?

Options

Comments

• JasonLVC
    JasonLVC Posts: 16,762 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judging by the amount of posts here, there seems to be a pattern and that means it is deliberate. If it was just a few then fair enough, but there is enough angry people here, all with the EXACT same story, to prove they are being dishonest. I'll be printing out these pages and adding to my court papers to further bolster my case aginst them.

I've not got my automatic cashback and have been told it takes 90 days to wait before cancelling and 90 days before a new one can be issued (thats 180 months or 6 months in old money). What a joke.

I've also got the 4th month means 3rd month argument. Something has obviously gone very wrong inside e2save HQ and they are trying to avoid the issue by fobbing off their customers.

They're not responding to any letters, calls or emails and I've sent evidence and reasons arguments already to no avail.

I think becuase of this it is a clear "breach of contract" and so technically, the remainder of the phone contract is null and void (I'll go off and check this but am pretty sure I'm right) - so could play to our favour if we prove a breach in court and therefore get all the remaining cashbacks repaid and a terminated phone too - then good riddance to the lot of them.
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
  • gowgowuk
    gowgowuk Posts: 409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JasonLVC wrote:
    I think becuase of this it is a clear "breach of contract" and so technically, the remainder of the phone contract is null and void (I'll go off and check this but am pretty sure I'm right) - so could play to our favour if we prove a breach in court and therefore get all the remaining cashbacks repaid and a terminated phone too - then good riddance to the lot of them.

Keep us informed! I only had my contract for 2 weeks but want to be ready when it will be "time to fight"! Is it not the problem that your contract is actually with the mobile network and they are not responsible for e2save and therefore would not accept cancelling your contract?
  • Budfrog
    Budfrog Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    When I was talking to Virgin, allthough they did appear to sympathise, the party line was that the e2Save problems were totally separate and that they would require the settlement of the entire contract upon termination.

Sounded like a bit of a cop out to me as I am certain that the phone networks themselves are probably best placed to apply some pressure. Not quite aiding and abetting .... but not that far away either.
  • rash.m2k
    rash.m2k Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Budfrog wrote:
    When I was talking to Virgin, allthough they did appear to sympathise, the party line was that the e2Save problems were totally separate and that they would require the settlement of the entire contract upon termination.

Sounded like a bit of a cop out to me as I am certain that the phone networks themselves are probably best placed to apply some pressure. Not quite aiding and abetting .... but not that far away either.

Actually you've made a good point and did not realise it before. But the networks have a resposibilty to ensure that their agents selling their contracts are honest and genuine people. By allowing their agent to blatantly screw the customers when it comes to cashback means they are partly responsible.

I would say that it is a 50/50 blame split.

Maybe in future there should be stamp of approval from the network that 'we guarantee that this agent will pay you your cashback - and if he doesn't we'll screw him!' This may or may not happen, but it seems likely at this rate! Quite similar to the steps that Three have taken on cashbacks.
  • Budfrog
    Options
    rash.m2k ..... I've just fired this off to the Virgin Mobile Customer Care Dept.

Thanks for the quick reply to my e-mail address.

I do understand that my contract with you is a seperate issue to my problems with e2Save. However I do believe that you have a duty of care to ensure that only honest vendors sell your product. There is no doubt that e2Save are encountering major problems with many of their customers, you only have to look at a few of the mobile phone forums for evidence.

As a supplier to e2Save your company is in the best possible position to bring pressure to bear to ensure that e2Save and companies like them conduct their business in an honest and professional manner. Simply ignoring what is becoming a serious problem for many mobile phone customers is simply not acceptable as your reputation is being tainted by association.

I intend to pursue my grievance with vigour until the terms of my contract with e2Save are fullfilled.

Maybe we should all contact the network operators ???
  • gowgowuk
    Options
    Budfrog wrote:
    Maybe we should all contact the network operators ???

That's a good idea and although I'm still months away from potential problems, I may contact Virgin as well, just to say that I am very worried about the way things seem to go pear shape
  • prefect
    Options
    The lady wife got through to the helpline in a about 5 minutes (an improvement on yesterday's 75minutes before giving up) and despite them refusing to acknowledge that they're in the wrong, they've assured us that they're sending out a cheque. Admittedly we have to wait up to 28 days for it... Call me funny but the number of delays they introduce really is deliberate. Raising a cheque is not a difficult thing to do, and neither is posting a letter (16 days between them writing their letter and posting it to me).
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,323 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I'm still waiting for my call back to explain why they think I have a Virgin contract when I actually have an Orange contract.

This is looking like it is going to end in tears if even the customer services can't tell me which cashback scheme I am on.

I'm so cross about this, what a dreadful set up they must now have if they can't tell someone using the order number and from their account which bills I need to send to claim my cashback..they just say 'we don't know' when I ask them.

My OH is in the final week of his current contract and needs a new one after Christmas, I'm obviously not going to use e2save, so it looks like I'll have to go for a standard contract and just cut it down to the cheapest one I can.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JasonLVC
    Options
    Budfrog wrote:

The contract is with Virgin but was sold via their agent e2save. They have an agreement between each other to act as an agent. Where the contract has been breached by the agent, then I believe normal selling regulations apply. That means I would claim breach of contract against e2save, as what they sold me was not what I received.

I would then get the full contract value back (ie, remaining months x £30 p/month) and then with those funds, either pay Virgin to terminate contract early or just keep the cash and use to pay off the monthly bills. Virgin wouldn't lose out, just e2save.

Breach of contract would be with e2save and if I know my basic law, compensation would be due (ie, remainder of contract term) from e2save for their failing to uphold the contract. This would be like a builder who starts your patio but doesn;t finish it. You'd sue him for the cost of getting someone else to finish the works off due to his breach.
    Anger ruins joy, it steals the goodness of my mind. Forces me to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regret. If I overcome anger, I will be delightful and loved by everyone.
  • JasonLVC
    Options
    I wonder if there is any link between e2saves change of policy and the recent announcement that Carphone Warehouse had lost the Vodaphone contract to Phonues4U along with the droves of people leaving their free broadband offering as it it so poor - probably worth a few hundred million I'd have thought so every penny counts now.

Very short sighted in my opinion. They're going to lose more customers than the money they've saved.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure