We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE Pregnancy Club 21

Options

Comments

• nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Teenie_D wrote: »
    Note to self, don't tempt fate. It is now snowing here! :eek:

I was just going to say its snowing here so it will be with you shortly lol. its to get worse around rushhour, i worry about my OH coming home over the glens :(
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • galvanizersbaby
    Options
    Pixiepops wrote: »
    Portuguese households are a little different to British households in the way children are brought up, I find. If my grandmother or aunt (my mother gave me to them when I was born) needed to go and cook, I'd be left in my walker or playpen or I'd be on a playmat with the dog walking around. My family never really believed in health and safety :P Also, everyone but my grandmother worked so a lot of the time it'd be just her cleaning and cooking and I'd have to be left alone. It's just a different way of life in rural Portugal. I will be one of those overprotective parents probably.

Oh and I knew about the stairgate but I live in a flat so not something I need. I realise baby won't be born walking around and stuff, I just have to think ahead about EVERYTHING. :o

For me personally I think it's trying to strike a fine balance between making everything child proof and helping a child to understand what they can and can't touch to be honest. I was more conscious with DS cos he was my first.

I mentioned the stairgate as you said you have fallen down stairs in your walker - as you say the portuguese have a different way of life - I guess it's all down to getting the balance right for you - it doesn't sound as though you are being overprotective to me ;)
  • galvanizersbaby
    Options
    I've seen them in M&S!!!

Me too - I've def seen them - in plastic glasses - rose, white or red I think ;)
  • babyboysmommy
    Options
    I was told by my midwife it was not guaranteed to happen again, but made the probability higher. I was told by my GP at my 6 week check after my last baby that I would definitely get it again, and earlier, and worse. Unfortunately at the moment I would have to say that my GP was spot on :(

I still think it is worth it though for what you get at the end.

I found this time I planned well in advance for the fact it would probably happen and right from TTC I was careful not to lift anything. Once I found out I was pregnant I didn't hoover, walk far, lift anything, etc to try and protect myself. I am gutted it's come back so early, but I am still pleased I am having another baby and wouldn't change it.

I was given the same advice that your GP gave you. I remember during the pregnancy with DS saying many times that I would never put myself through it again. Clearly I changed my mind :rotfl: I was one of the women who had problems still after the birth. It took a good 6 months for everything to really settle down. Because of that I knew I'd be hit early on & worse than before. All I can say to those of you who are experiencing it in your first pregnancy...it really is worth it in the end :) Protect yourself, if it hurts don't do it. I pushed myself too hard first time & that may be why my recovery was so much longer. I am taking much better care of myself this time although I still do too much as sometimes it's impossible not to.
  • nic2075
    Options
    I went to Asda and got my free newborn kit, even though I already have 5 that i got by just taking the vouchers back in. Mine didnt take an extra £2 off though, not sure if its because she had to do it manually.
    I saw a big pack of size 2s that I could get for £1.98 using the next £2 off voucher. Not sure if I should get some as its a bargain or force my self to start using my reusables once size ones are done or bubs is 10lb.
    The flask thing I wanted is still £15 so i didnt bother. The grooming kits were still £10 too. The only god bargain I could see was the Linden stairgates for £9 and a moses basket for £10.63.

Does anyone know if its Sat or Sun it finishes? Im sure its usually a Sunday. If so then ill pop back in to see if anything else is reduced further.

im off to boil and cool the tatties for making tuna fishcakes for tea.
  • Charlie1978
    Options
    I find that if I scrunch my legs up towards my tummy bubs doesn't like it and starts kicking about like mad. Think he feels a bit squashed. Worth a shot Dusty?

All this talk of SPD. I know I have it. I had it for the last month of my DD and it was excruciating pain. This time it hit me around week 20 and it is getting worse by the day. I mentioned it to the midwife yesterday who just offered me co codamol! No thanks love! I don't take paracetamol unless i'm on my death bed! I was expecting a physio referral to be honest as wanted a support thingy but didn't get one. May just end up buying one tbh.
    Beautiful Baby Boy born 28 April 2011
  • Teenie_D
    Teenie_D Posts: 2,270 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 4 February 2011 at 2:53PM
    Options
    nic2075 wrote: »
    I was just going to say its snowing here so it will be with you shortly lol. its to get worse around rushhour, i worry about my OH coming home over the glens :(

Aw I would too hun, is it quite bad with you? It's not lying here as it's too wet but the flakes are huge!

I really do feel for you ladies with SPD. I have the slightest touch but I really do count myself lucky that it has not worsened as time has gone on. The girl at work who had her baby last week had been in crutches from about 23 weeks and although it is better now she has had her baby, it is still not yet 100% but I think that is quite unusual??
    "That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad."
  • jojo1978_3
    jojo1978_3 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    Options
    Re Boots parenting club bag. When i joined they said they were changing the offers over and thats why i hadn't received the voucher for the bag, so after getting on and on at them,i eventually got the voucher through the post, then another one and another. I used one and kept another (Not sure why).
    If you don't get the voucher, you can get the bag from the website as long as you are a member of the parenting club. If you add the nappies to your basket then put the code PCCB22 in the voucher box, it should add the bag for you, then you can collect from store for free. (see there was a good reason for me keepng a voucher....to get the code off it :) )
    :)Henry James Born 18/03/2011-11 days late!:)

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Another one with a bad nights sleep. I was almost asleep and then OH came back from work about half 12 all hyper and woke me up and then i just kept geting pains across my ribs everytime I tried to turn. Then he had to get up at half 5 to go to work again...bet he is tired now!

I didn't get measured until 28 weeks and have never been weighed (thank goodness). I am hoping I am like my Mum she siad she gained 3 stone with me and then only had half a stone to lose once i came out! There was a lot of liquid etc. My Grandma also keeps telling me the story of how the midwife made her walk up and down the ward to show the ladies how thin she was again after having my Dad, sure the other ladies were thrilled lol.
  • nic2075
    Options
    Teenie_D wrote: »
    Aw I would too hun, is it quite bad with you? It's not lying here as it's too wet but the flakes are huge!

I really do feel for you ladies with SPD. I have the slightest touch but I really do count myself lucky that it has not worsened as time has gone on. The girl at work who had her baby last week had been in crutches from about 23 weeks and although it is better now she has had her baby, it is still not yet 100% but I think that is quite unusual??

just a light dusting on the grass. its still snowing though.i dont think it will come to much here, just the higher ground.

I also feel very lucky (touch wood) that ive not experienced SPD with any of my pregnancies (so far).
    My friend had her baby 6 months ago, she was in agony and on crutches for most of it. But she had another 2 children under 3 also. The MW said she hadnt given herself enough time to heal properly. poor girl couldnt even pick her 1 year old up.
    She still had a bit of pain after her DD was born but it went after a couple of months. now shes just shattered from chasing 3 little uns around.
    i dont know how she copes, she had dd 6 months, Dd2 2 and DS 3 :eek: when I panic about how im ging to cope i think of how she does it all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family