Options

Comments

• hitchins
    hitchins Posts: 687 Forumite
    Options
    Hi and welcome Mrsspendalot. :)

((hugs)) vroom that sounds horrible. :(

Hope your rabbit gets better soon Giz. x :A

Sorry if I've missed anyone :o, you've all been right chatterboxes since last I looked. :D
    :heart2:Baby boy due 4th March 2011:heart2:
  • mrsspendalot
    mrsspendalot Posts: 3,238 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! - I was wondering when OH may be able to feel the kicks - DD said last week she felt something but think it was wishful thinking on her part :o

I am 19 weeks on Sunday so a day behind you! - have a c section booked for 38 weeks though so this should be a June baby.

I was induced a week early due to SPD last time, so they might do the same for me this time, in which case I'll be a Juney too
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    vroombroom wrote: »
    off to google SPD...

I had it last pregnancy and this one ..... not nice at all. I'm off sick with it at the moment and can't manage the stairs or moving around in bed which is what made me wonder if that's what you have too. Some GPs are not good at spotting it, luckily mine is brilliant. Midwives are more aware of it as it is pregnancy related. Hope for your sake it isn't that, because it's horrendous!
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

• Rockinbikergal
    Options
    hitchins wrote: »
    Hi and welcome Mrsspendalot. :)

((hugs)) vroom that sounds horrible. :(

Hope your rabbit gets better soon Giz. x :A

Sorry if I've missed anyone :o, you've all been right chatterboxes since last I looked. :D

We did have to get the thread going :P
    The pod landed and produced baby Timothy on 10th March 2011
  • vroombroom
    vroombroom Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    it does sound like that Missspendalot:( it says one Wikipedia not to have a C section or epidural as it will make it worse afterwards.
    :j:jOur gorgeous baby boy born 2nd May 2011 - 12 days overdue!!:j:j
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    vroombroom wrote: »
    it does sound like that Missspendalot:( it says one Wikipedia not to have a C section or epidural as it will make it worse afterwards.

Try and get in with your GP/Midwife asap for referral to an obstetric physio for a support belt. I'm waiting for my appointment to come through. I'm also on codeine for the pain. Every step I take causes my pelvic joint to grind, I can feel and hear it. Stairs are impossible - I have to come down them backwards! The joints at the back of my pelvis click and burn, and I feel like I've got someone turning screws in my hips. It's agony. I also feel aches down my thighs at the back which I thought at first was sciatica.

Really feel for you if that is what it is.

I managed a normal labour last time perfectly fine, I was refused a section but they induced me early with the pain. Within 15 minutes of birth I was able to sit cross legged on the bed. I hadn't been able to walk for 10 weeks prior! It was like a miracle! They don't recommend epidural because it masks the pain, and you end up pushing through the pain and can damage yourself permanently. I just managed on gas and air, although apparently waterbirths are good for SPD. In labour I found sitting on a birthing ball was good relief from the discomfort.

Try and get some rest - it does help!

• GarnetLady
    GarnetLady Posts: 946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 4 February 2011 at 1:26PM
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Welcome newbies. :)

Yup, been really windy here. Although it seems to have dropped a good bit now, still pouring though. It was so strong last night that it took my breath away just getting from the car to the house.

I feel queasy. Although it may have something to do with the scone and jam, packets of frisps and fox's viennese buscuit I just ate. :o I'm tired too, still not sleeping well. Hope all the tired and poorlies feel better.

I was 10 stone 3 when I got pregnant, went down to 10 1 and now I'm 11 stone 1 at nearly 23 weeks. It all still seems to be bo obs and bump though. Trying not to look at the scales too often!

I might nip back into Asda on my way to Stirling. Going to get the proper wool for my baby blanket. Can't wait to get started!

ETA - Oh, and I've been getting measured since 16 weeks, thought it was a bit early. But on Tuesday I was measuring 22cm at 22 weeks.
    :heart: Mummy to an amazing little girl :heart:
  • vroombroom
    vroombroom Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Options
    thank you - I have an appointment on Monday morning with the physio, so just two more days of pain lol. I just thought it was part and parcel of pregnancy as Ive had back pain pretty much since I found out I was pregnant.
    My MW mentioned a referral to a physio last week at my 28 week appointment - I lay on the bed for her to listen to his heartbeat and I cried trying to get up:eek: her and the student nurse had to ease me up, how embarrassing.
    :j:jOur gorgeous baby boy born 2nd May 2011 - 12 days overdue!!:j:j
  • lauren_1
    lauren_1 Posts: 2,067 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have been getting cramps off and on all morning, there is no pattern to them but each last's around a minute.

Might be the arrival of the 'special poo's' lol
  • Perdi
    Perdi Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    Wow ladies brand new thread and already 5 pages!!
    GarnetLady wrote: »

I was 10 stone 3 when I got pregnant, went down to 10 1 and now I'm 11 stone 1 at nearly 23 weeks. It all still seems to be bo obs and bump though. Trying not to look at the scales too often!

I might nip back into Asda on my way to Stirling. Going to get the proper wool for my baby blanket. Can't wait to get started!

ETA - Oh, and I've been getting measured since 16 weeks, thought it was a bit early. But on Tuesday I was measuring 22cm at 22 weeks.

GL - I love it when you update as I'm only a couple of week behind you (21) so it's like a 'coming up next' for me :D

Confessed to OH about how I've been feeling - really low, nothing interests me, tearful, no appetite, etc The hardest part was admitting that sometimes when people talk about my bump or the baby I feel physically ill at the thought of it. :( Funnily I'm not frightened thinking about the birth, it's just sometimes being reminded I'm pg I think...
    He was brilliant anyway (has been the whole time) and he's going to keep an eye on me, make me do at least half an hour of activity each night as that helps my mood, things like that.

No sleep again, but I never join the insomiacs club as it's too cold to get out of bed! I did manage to wake myself up by snoring which is a new one!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure