🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE Pregnancy Club 21

Options

Comments

• mrsspendalot
    mrsspendalot Posts: 3,238 Forumite
    Options
    vroombroom wrote: »
    thank you - I have an appointment on Monday morning with the physio, so just two more days of pain lol. I just thought it was part and parcel of pregnancy as Ive had back pain pretty much since I found out I was pregnant.
    My MW mentioned a referral to a physio last week at my 28 week appointment - I lay on the bed for her to listen to his heartbeat and I cried trying to get up:eek: her and the student nurse had to ease me up, how embarrassing.

Monday's not too far to go then. The physio should have heard of SPD, so will know how to manage that. It's important to have it recognised as that because it doesn't always clear up straight after birth, and some women need additional physio for up to 6 months afterwards. I was lucky and have only suffered with the odd niggle between having my last child and being pregnant this time.

I had a meltdown at work on Tuesday all because the fire alarm went off and by the time I got back to my office I couldn't walk (up 2 fligths of stairs!) and just burst into tears! I came home, saw my doc, and now I'm off for 4 weeks. Don't feel embarassed crying - it bl&&dy hurts!!!
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

:j BabySpendalot arrived 26/6/11 :j
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pixiepops wrote: »
    SusanC- Yes and no. For the moment I've found a position that's keeping it away, although my back is sort of curled (like a half sit up but obviously with my back and head propped up) so won't stay like this too long as it's probably bad for my back. If I move around it's horrid though so I don't think I'll go for a walk today. Although the wind doesn't seem to be easing up anyway so chances of being able to go outside are slim.
    It may be worth asking if you can drop a urine sample off at the doctors just to make sure it isn't a urine infection.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • hngrymummy
    Options
    DueMarch11 wrote: »
    I cant wait for a nice large glass of rose, I know we're allowed the odd glass here and there but I never feel right about having a drink in pregnancy, not that Im saying its wrong if you have had one! Just my personal feeling on the matter.

Had to add that in, I appear to be upsetting people today lol

I'm trying to find the information that says I can't take alcohol in to hospital with me :D Anyone remember on Dragons Den there was a bloke who did wine in plastic glasses. If I can find somewhere that sells them I may well be taking one in to celebrate :beer:
    If having different experiences, thoughts and ideas to you, or having an opinion that you don't understand, makes me a troll, then I am proud to be a 100% crying, talking, sleeping, walking, living Troll. :hello:
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    hngrymummy wrote: »
    I'm trying to find the information that says I can't take alcohol in to hospital with me :D Anyone remember on Dragons Den there was a bloke who did wine in plastic glasses. If I can find somewhere that sells them I may well be taking one in to celebrate :beer:

I've seen them in M&S!!!
    Olympic Countdown Challenge #145 ~ DFW Nerd #389 ~ Debt Free Date: [STRIKE]December 2015[/STRIKE] September 2015

• Teenie_D
    Teenie_D Posts: 2,270 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    My goodness me what a chatty lot you are this morning, it has taken me nearly 30mins to catch up, but I don't think I have retained very much :D:o

Welcome mrsspendalot we are a nice bunch here ;)

Sorry to hear there are so many of you in pain :( it's rubbish isn't it!

Ooh sounds like there could be a few babies in the next few days, good to hear hope flower is a Mummy now.

I think you were talking about fundal measurements? I got my first one at 24 weeks and my other one yesterday at 28 weeks.....I am measuring 32 weeks :D:D:rotfl:

vroombroom wrote: »

did anyone else get really bad wind last night? (as in windy weather conditions, not bodily functions:eek:)

Yeah it was really bad here at work yesterday and when i picked Dd up from nursery she was crying as she thought she was going to blow away, and then she said "Mummy hurry up and get in the car so you don't blow away" LOl no chance of that happening toots :o:D she was then worried that the car would blow away. Poor wee soul. It did keep me up for a bit last night. It's just raining and miserable here, better that than the snow :shhh:though!
    "That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad."
  • babyboysmommy
    Options
    Getting really fed up with SPD now, can't even sit comfortably. I'm sooo tired I took DS to school & then went back to bed. Thankfully I did sleep all morning so hopefully that will have helped although I still feel like a zombie. DH was really pleased with the M&S cot, like me he couldn't believe just how little we paid for such a fab one!

Welcome mrsspendalot, we know each other outside of mse :) I often bump in to someone on this web site I know elsewhere, just goes to show how popular it is :)
  • Pixiepops
    Pixiepops Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks susanc, I think I'll call the surgery at some point and see what they say.

Just wondering, what 'baby proofing' do you need to do around the home? I figured plug covers and table corner protectors but is there anything else. I know baby won't be moving around too soon but if it takes after me it'll be curious about EVERYTHING. (I bit into a bundle of electric wires on something my father was working on and got a slight shock. I also walked my walker down 2 stairs and managed to climb onto the table from a seat thing. All this at quite a young age so I'm worried about starting to babyproof early :P Yes, I'm a worrier.)
    A-Z Challenge: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Good Luck to all who comp!
    Comping wishlist: Cash // iPad // Clothing vouchers // Holiday
  • mrsspendalot
    Options
    Getting really fed up with SPD now, can't even sit comfortably. I'm sooo tired I took DS to school & then went back to bed. Thankfully I did sleep all morning so hopefully that will have helped although I still feel like a zombie. DH was really pleased with the M&S cot, like me he couldn't believe just how little we paid for such a fab one!

Welcome mrsspendalot, we know each other outside of mse :) I often bump in to someone on this web site I know elsewhere, just goes to show how popular it is :)

Ha! That got the old mind working .... just twigged who you are! Glad you like the cot, my spare parts haven't arrived yet!

I'm having a bad pain today too - doubled my codeine today. Still no sign of the physio appointment.

• babyboysmommy
    Options
    There is no need to use plug covers. I remember a while back being shown a video as to how they make plugs more dangerous, not safer. I think it's on U Tube. Plugs already have safety features in them that those plastic covers undo!
  • Sammy_Girl
    Sammy_Girl Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    Dusty - I went through a short stage around 32 weeks where baby wasn't moving much. But she's making up for it now! As you're at work and obviously can't lie on your side for half an hour, try wiggling your belly button with your finger. I think it was Hngrymummy or PC who recommended it a few weeks ago - but it really does work. I think it p!sses baby off really, but at least it gets them moving!

Lauren - Sounds promising! Fingers crossed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport